Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Bedtrackworld – are the deals to be believed?
  • surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Need to buy a new bed and I see amazing offers like

“£370 for double Divan – reduced from £600. “

what is your experience out there, do I get a £600 bed at a bargain price or is horseshit?

On a budget so not keen on spending mega bucks at the moment..

scotroutes

The On One of the furniture industry.

Explain how an item that has never been sold at the full “RRP” can then be offered at 50% off even before it is available – when it isn’t even available through any other channel. CRC do this too.

Tesco got caught out recently with this – selling strawberries at “half price”.

prawny

I used to work for a bed company when I left school. The beds are worth the sale price generally. I can’t think of any time the beds were anywhere near the ‘was’ price.

There are occasions you can get a bargain but normally just buy what is comfortable. I always reccomend Relyon or Millbrook but there are others that are top banana too.

Sealy/slumberland/silent night are all budget stuff.

prawny

Ooh I’m getting my next bed from here

http://www.getlaidbeds.co.uk

Fingers crossed eh!

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

@prawny is that link SFW?

Cheers, I just haven’t a clue as you go to Bensons and they have matteresses at a £Gazillion and then some at £250…

prawny

@surroundedbyhills it’s a real bed company 😀 piss takers after my own heart. Ahhhhh.

Bensons is where I used to work, bak in the day though before they got taken over by whoever owns them now. Don’t know what the new stuff is like. If they still sell anything made by Take avoid it like the plague. Horrible stuff.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

@prawny -Cheers got my eye on a Relyon KS from Bedroomworld – have got an old KS frame in storage that I will use.

Stoner
    Free Member
    hammyuk
    Free Member

A load of those companies have just been hammered for lying to consumers and artificially inflating pricing….

chakaping
    Free Member

Hey, we got our new bed from these guys…
    https://www.warrenevans.com/

Can’t speak for the discounts, but the quality is great and it’s dead comfy.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

We went to Warren Evans in Camden but I think they must have been at another address then.

We were trying to find them and thought we had but it was actually an antiques warehouse and warren evans were round the corner, the same road number but with an ‘a’ suffix!

So we bought a lovely arts and crafts bedstead instead, after having popped out to check the beds at Warren Evans, which then looked very mediocre after see the victorian one we bought.

Also got a nice bed from here on the tottenham court road – very sturdy unlike many beds of that type:

http://www.nightsiniron.com/

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Bedtrackworld – are the deals to be believed?’ is closed to new replies.