Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • BC bike Race 2017
  • stuc
    Free Member

So, not long to go, been wanting to do this for a few years now.

Any others from here heading out. Any body ridden it before and got any last minute advice?

mrlebowski
    Free Member

I am, 40+ solo.

It’s the 2nd time I’ve done it – last t time I did it was in a team in 2009 (?) & I’ve wanted to go back ever since.

Advice? The kit list is pretty spot on so I’d just follow that.

Nothing else really, just enjoy it!

When are you travelling & where are you staying before hand? I’m out on the 2nd & am at the Holiday Inn in N Van.

stuc
    Free Member

We are landing Tuesday 4th and staying in a B and B not too far from where we have to register etc. Staying on until the 17th in Whistler for a few extra days riding.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

You chaps must be fitter & younger than I – when I did it in 09 the last thing at the finish on my mind was the bike park! More a cold beer & a soft bed..

PM me with your email if you guys fancy meeting up whilst out there.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

I’m going, travelling with some unsavoury character.
    Also solo 40+ (but only just).

stuc
    Free Member

I’ve got the bear spray ready in case my tent partner snores bullandbladder, just you remember that…

Not sure we are younger or fitter, probably just naive and over ambitious…

I’ll be on a Cotic Flare Max and bullandbladder will be on whatever fits in his bike bag

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Ah earplugs!

Now there’s a thought!

Burts
    Free Member

I’m in, can’t wait! I’m already in Vancouver having moved here some years ago but 3 friends are flying over from UK & Sweden next Tuesday to join me.

Good news is that after a miserable winter & spring, the weather is finally looking great – loose, dusty trails all round. 🙂 Electrolyte tabs & suncream could be useful.

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

I did it as a pair in 2013.

Amazing race, we had an awesome time. We were close to the front, so never got help up much, but some friends further back said they got held up a fair bit by fitter riders who technically weren’t as good. So if you can push forward a bit that’s always nice. (Even if you’re not contending racing, clear runs are still more fun!)

Like any stage race make sure you eat and drink enough. Usually more than you think you need. If you’re already hungry/thirsty it’s a bit late.

Mostly enjoy!

We did a couple days in whistler after. Can’t wait to get back at some point.

Off to Poland for the Sudety MTB challenge in July this year.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

I can eat and drink more than I need to all day long, so – winnng!

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Off to Poland for the Sudety MTB challenge in July this year.

Report back on that one if you don’t mind please, it’s caught my eye.

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

Mrlebowski,

Will do. I did it 10 years ago. So looking forward to seeing what it’s like now!

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Aloha chaps.

Little up date from Van – the weather for the next week is looking about as good as it gets for racing. It’s all low 20’s & some cloud cover with maybe a touch of rain at the w/e.

The hotel I’m in definitely has a few racers in already!

sweaman2
    Free Member

At the end of this thread are some of my thoughts from last year. Good luck to the racers. Looks like you’ll have better weather than I did!!!

shortcut

Good luck to those that are there.

I did it in ’15 as one of a mixed team and in’16 in a veterans team – it was as much as i could do not to sign up for this year. Ended up with Singletrack 6 (and The Pioneer) instead.

I will be back. It is such a great experience and the organisation, support, logistics and team make the whole thing fantastic. Trails are ace too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘BC bike Race 2017’ is closed to new replies.