Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 136 total)
  • Battlefield 1
  • Cougar

Not generally my sort of game, but just how shiny does this look?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7nRTF2SowQ[/video]

That’s game engine footage. Holy hell!

Drac

BF series has had some greats and not so greats. Hopefully this will be one of the greats.

codybrennan
    Free Member

Very impressive that.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Del

😯

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Looking good.

Will be nice looking on the PS4.5 in 4k or whatever crazy resolution they make it

Cougar

BF series has had some greats and not so greats.

Never played any of them (I don’t think, all the “war” FPSes kinda merged into one in my head, I wouldn’t know one from the next).

shindiggy
    Free Member

Ps4.5 will not be outputting BF5 at 4k in any way, shape or form.

Drac

Never played any of them (I don’t think, all the “war” FPSes kinda merged into one in my head, I wouldn’t know one from the next).

These are different, 1942 brought in a very new form of gameplay with almost free roam online with vehicles including aircraft. Of course like many PC Mods that made it more pulse. The Desert Combat remains a triumph of online gaming.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Looks like it’s rendered on SLI 1080’s.

Consoles are going to be well behind the curve, again.

Cougar

That’s a point. It does say “game engine” and not “Xbox game engine.” Are they being sneaky?

Smudger666

Never been a BF fan but that does look good _ been fed up with them adding bells n whistles to the COD series – glad to see they are releasing a remastered COD4;mw with the next one in November.

mattyfez

I put a scarey amount of hours into battle field 2, and bad company 2 on PC, amazing games, especially if you get into a mature balanced squad where everyone plays thier part properly. Voice coms are vital for this.

One four or five hour session that sticks in my mind, we had two special ops guys, one assault, an engineer and I was medic, we holed up in a building and no one could touch us, only the special ops guy’s were shooting out the windows, backed up with the odd grenade /rocket from the rest of us.. As soon as the fighters took any fire I’d heal them immediately, or I’d defibulate the if they took a direct hit, and the assault guy kept them in ammo, and me in medi packs.

The other teams literally couldn’t touch us! We won round after round after round with insane scores.

Drac

A few rockets at the building in bad company would have ended your camping session.

mattyfez

That’s where the voice coms come in, everyone was spotting, so we generally took them out before they had chance, the building would enevitably get destroyed after a while, at which point we’d all bail and regroup in a building next door!

Oh I forgot, we had a random sniper helping us out to with that, throwing out tracking balls or whatever they are called!

Haze

Desert Combat, almost seems a lifetime away spending hours playing that. Brilliant.

Drac

Probably dual ones and certainly not a ‘standard’ run of the mill one setup.

PC games are starting to catch up.

Russell96

I always thought Call of Duty World at War was the highpoint in that series for me, don’t like the current day or futuristic FPS’s anywhere as much. So that trailer does it for me, most likely I’ll be getting it.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Probably dual ones and certainly not a ‘standard’ run of the mill one setup.

PC games are starting to catch up.[/quote]

I think you misunderstand.

If you want to see what is in that trailer, you’ll need hardware that is not, and won’t be for a long time, in a Console.

This isn’t an attempt to troll you…. though I think I succeeded nonetheless.

scuzz
    Free Member

Has it ever been any different?

BenjiM

Never been a BF fan but that does look good _ been fed up with them adding bells n whistles to the COD series – glad to see they are releasing a remastered COD4;mw with the next one in November.

Apparently it’s it’s 69 quid which is frankly bobbins for an old game (OK it’s tacked onto the new one) that looks pretty when there are countless free updates to games out there (e,g. Half Life 2). So much to “thanks to the fans for supporting us over the years”. BF has always been my preferred military shooter (Arma is just too much!) way better dynamics and the fact that accuracy counts rather than autoaim (certainly on the console versions).

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Has it ever been any different?

Dunno, but the OP was referring to the game engine, so I thought the fact that the new GTX 1080 has much, much much more horsepower than the AMD APUs in any console was kinda relevent to whether you’ll see the graphics in question 🙂

Drac

Been covered many times on here. Consoles have one job to do so can get away with less professor power. PCs have more to do so need more, they can also get better results if you have deep pockets. You’ve misunderstood me and won’t have trolled. PC and console gamer here but stopped with PCs as got sick of upgrading drivers and hardware just to be able to get good results. So stuck with consoles as you pay once until the next generation comes out and they’re move than capable.

They always show the trailers for PCs on big rigs so they look more impressive.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

You pays your money, you makes your choice. They are indeed different beasts.

mechanicaldope

Might be quite a nice change. Trouble with shooters going to the future means increasing instances of dieing without ever having a chance to see who shot you. Going back a century instead may actually lead to some better action. Read a quote somewhere once to the effect that humans had got so good at war they found that they couldn’t have anymore. Think shooters kind of reached this so hopefully this will rekindle my love of them.

Smudger666

It was the whole ‘what can we do next’ thing that got me – let’s add a jet p k assist, let’s add a gun (paid for, obvs) that can have Smg speed with assault rifle power, that anyone with £3.59 can then be good at COD that noted me. Let’s add an under barrel Grendel launcher to every weapon and suddenly mw2 is shit.

I Kickstarted battalion – hopefully it will deliver what it promises.

Of course, a simulation rather than a game would have 99% of the keyboard warriors out there shitting their pants and cowering get in cover while they got ****.

Make that 99.99%.

Utrinque Paratus.

BenjiM

I agree, the pay to win “instant gratification” has become silly now.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

shindiggy – Member
    Ps4.5 will not be outputting BF5 at 4k in any way, shape or form.

Reckon? Well seeing as the new console isn’t even official yet…BF1 (5) maybe not a PS4.5 / PS4K

but they’re not going to release 2 versions of the games, there will be a huge patch/d/l for the big titles and the option to “upgrade” to a 4k version in the future WHEN it’s out

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSYBO1BrB1I[/video]

Oooh!

swedishmatt
    Free Member

Bc2 (and bf4) so many hours were spent…….must not get my PC out from the cupboard, will end in divorce!

andyfla
    Free Member

Sorry, the original tanks only went at walking pace, so totally unrealistic …..

Looks nice though

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Looks fantastic but what GPUs will you need to get the same?

shindiggy
    Free Member

Official specs not revealed, but imagine a GTX 970 should get you close to 1080p60.

If you playing at 1440p or beyond I suspect a GTX980ti will be required to maintain 60fps with all the bells and whistles turned on.

Nvidia have just revealed the specs of the next gen GPU’s (1070 & 1080) both of which look very promising.

Drac

More footage appearing.

[video]https://youtu.be/x-HWKnjugDo[/video]

[video]https://youtu.be/ca9HY5VPaxs[/video]

Drac

Fired it up this am and just played the prologue.

Very nice looking it is I’m not going to spoil the prologue story though, anyway time to try out to story mode before some multiplayer.

Cougar

I saw some footage of the plane dogfighting bits. Despite my original comments, that really does appeal.

redthunder
    Free Member

Is that the Amiga or Atari ST version ?

PS Anyone got a broken ST joystick with a cable I could salvage. I want to fix an old Wico stick which has had the cable cut off.

allan23
    Free Member

It really does look good, I’m on a bit of an EA boycott at the moment as they’ve managed to bugger up lots of releases I was looking forward to.

Might be a bit petty but I got Elite: Dnagerous and Elder Scrolls Online to keep my gaming needs busy.

Drac

CPC 464 Redthunder.

I might have a kempston joystick that I don’t need.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 136 total)

The topic ‘Battlefield 1’ is closed to new replies.