Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Banshee rune shock wear
  • chrisdiesel
    Free Member

I’ve got a 2015 rune, regular checks and serviced, I’ve had a CCDB air on since new and never had any issues, sent for service to TF a few months ago, I was offered the black stantion upgrade, so I agreed purely so it matched my black pikes, probably 12/15 rides on from the shock service the stantion is wearing through the black to a dark grey in one area the size of a 5p coin, not metal on metal just wear. spoke to TF and they have been great and agreed to replace it but mentioned misaligned frames causing the issue. I’ve removed the shock and checked it lines up with no lateral tension on it and Checked the rear bearings for play, nothing.
    My worries are the old stantion has had 12+ months of hard use with zero wear, and the new one hasn’t lasted 2 months. TF have said they will only warranty once so I don’t want a reoccurrence of this! Could it be soft paint on the new stantion? Anyone had similar.?

dingleberry
    Free Member

Noticed the same thing on the shaft of the Inline on my 2015 Spitfire the other week – Contacted TF, who again mentioned the misaligned frame issue. Seems to be a somewhat common problem with Spitfires after looking into it…

Currently waiting on a reply from Ison who have forwarded the details to Banshee… Might be worth emailing Ison/Banshee yourself.

jagertom
    Free Member

2014 Spitfire owner here, I had this issue with the internals in the CCDBA after about a year of riding. Call Ison, they will be able to tell you how to measure if your frame falls within the accepted misalignment tolerance. Chaps at TF said it was generally a combination of the frame manufacturing tolerances, stiff rear end of the banshee frames and the very precise internals of the ccdba. TF opened up some of the tolerances in my shock and it’s been fine for the last year and a half since.

will100
    Free Member

I’ve had similar problems on a 2015 Spitfire with a cane creek inline. Some shocks (i.e. cane creeks) are more prone wear issues than others. I’ve been running a Monarch on mine for 6 months now which has been fine so far. If the frame is still in warranty and is clearly misaligned Ison should give you a new frame.

teethgrinder

Aye.
    Mine was a 2015 Spitfire, wore the non-drive side of the shock stanchion where it sits in it’s sag. Ison swapped the frame out for a 2016, and then the shock started chirping on compression – like a very loud budgie!

Shock went back to TFT and they fixed it. Said there was issues inside as well that were caused by the misalignment.

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

Thanks for all the replys, I’ll call the importer tomorrow.
    But I cannot still get my head round having zero issues for over 12 months and I still have the old shaft that’s perfect.
    Nothing else has changed on my frame. Why has the new part worn in a dozen rides?

Chipbutty
    Free Member

My inline had the same wear on the stantion after 6 months riding on my Spitty. LBS sent it away and I received it back with new stantion and internals. Then found frame cracked so ended up with a new 2016 warranty frame. Sold it shortly after that.

dingleberry
    Free Member

Anyone got photos of their frame misalignment? Been in contact with Ison who say my frame doesn’t appear to be out of line – and I’m sure they know more about it than I do – but I just don’t see how the shock wear I have can happen through normal use…

They’ve said I can send it back for them to have a proper look (when I can get a box big enough!), just interested in others’ experiences in the meantime.

teethgrinder

I couldn’t see the wear on the frame, but the shock wear was obvious.

Luckily i kept the box i got the frame in.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Banshee rune shock wear’ is closed to new replies.