Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 135 total)
  • Bad email response to Dangerous Driving
  • scu98rkr
    Free Member

Hey Guys some one posted this on the ReadingCTC email list yestersday. Im going to put it on facebook later. Would suggest any cyclists in the area dont use berkshirecarpetsandblinds. Also feel free to email your thoughts to them.

Sent: 01 February 2013 14:45
    To: Berkshire Carpets/Todds Flooring
    Subject: berkshirecarpetsandblinds.co.uk – Form Submission

I’d like to report one of your drivers for bad and aggressive driving today, 1st Feb in your van BF10 VRV near the Oracle at approx 14.05. I was cycling in a narrow piece of road and 1st of all your driver sat behind me revving his engine, then at the first opportunity overtook very close to me and immediately swerved into the kerb forcing me to brake hard.

I’m always amazed when people drive in such an aggressive way in a sign written van. Do they not realise the impact this is having on your business? As a local home owner I would never consider your business if this is the kind of person you employ.

berkshir…@btconnect.com
    to : ********************************

Thanks for all the trouble you went to to make the above – I must say that personally if I were to bother to complain about every bit of contentious everyday driving that I come across I would have little time left to carry out my normal day. There are two sides to every story, though not saying in this case you did anything wrong, but I also find many, many cyclists think they ‘own’ the road and attempt to ride with some kind of inbuilt immunity to harm and therefore my sympathy is somewhat tempered by this.

However, I will pass your comments onto the fitter concerned, whose side of the incident I have not yet had the opportunity to hear and would just add that, fortunately, my business does not rely on people making similar status judgements to yourself.

Regards,

Geoff Cox

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

report to police.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

wasnt me

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Wow did he make his name up too?

Forward to your local paper 🙂

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

post the details of berkshire carpets on all cycling forums,

he’ll change his mind.

wrecker
    Free Member

Was that http://www.berkshirecarpetsandblinds.co.uk ?

BERKSHIRECARPETSANDBLINDS or berkshire carpets and blinds ?
    Is their telephone 0118 907 8799 ? and email enquiries@berkshirecarpetsandblinds.co.uk ?

GaryLake
    Free Member

I’d expect Berkshire Carpets and Blinds to take this matter a little more seriously… not sure what’s more shocking, the incident or how flippant Geoff Cox seems to be!

martinhutch

I think someone tried (unsuccessfully) to post it on here yesterday. Now I’ve seen it, I was expecting something much more sweary and nasty by the way he introduced it.

Here it is:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/van-man-bosses-who-dont-give-a-sht

reedspeed
    Free Member

Sounds like he was probably the driver!.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Is their telephone 0118 907 8799 ? and email enquiries@berkshirecarpetsandblinds.co.uk

You know what, I’m pretty sure it is that berkshire carpets and blinds and not another berkshire carpets and blinds

Send it to the reading post, they struggle for material at the best of times. And seeing as it’s berkshire carpets and blinds, maybe get other club members in Berkshire to send it to their local papers not just Reading’s.

LoCo
    Free Member
    cookeaa

Knowing the area he’s describing I can envisage the incident, a lot people driving round that area get a bit twatty behind the wheel, a few extra minutes spent getting nowhere on the IDR seems to raise the ire no end…

I just avoid driving round central Reading if I can help it especially at weekends…

That response is shite though, there are a simple rules for fielding irate emails about your employees driving:

-Keep it brief but non-committal.
    -State that the complaint will be discussed up with the employee concerned, but don’t state that it will be any sort of bollocking, (or for that matter the fact that you probably won’t really do anything)…
    -Pop in a reassuring statement about how “We take the conduct of our employees when acting on company business very seriously”
    -Sign off…

They should really have a template for these sort of things…

That response looks like they’ve employed Jeremy Clarkson as a complaints manager…

scu98rkr
    Free Member

I do actually have a contact at twyford/maidenhead advertise so might forward it to them.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Is their telephone 0118 907 8799 ? and email enquiries@berkshirecarpetsandblinds.co.uk ?

Just to double check is this the right berkshire carpets? 🙂

andrewh
    Free Member

How many times do we need to say

thisisnotaspoon – Member

Is their telephone 0118 907 8799 ? and email enquiries@berkshirecarpetsandblinds.co.uk

You know what, I’m pretty sure it is that berkshire carpets and blinds and not another berkshire carpets and blinds

before this is the top hit on google?

100mphplus
    Free Member

Don’t forget to tell all those twitterers/tweeters/twatters etc..etc about it too 😆

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – Member

I’m not sure really,

reedspeed
    Free Member

T[/quote]hat response looks like they’ve employed Jeremy Clarkson as a complaints manager…

Yeah Clarkson for an intelligent man,does come out with some rather deframetary remarks,regarding cyclists & motorcyclists,nob,springs to mind….

Sounds like Mr carpet man could be very busy next week,with lots of measuring and quoting jobs….:-)

martinhutch

I really don’t think it’s up there on the rudeness scale with the disco king of Portsmouth, though. If he’d told the aggrieved rider to **** off and stop bothering him, perhaps…

LoCo
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – Member

Didn’t know it worked like that

scu98rkr
    Free Member

If anyone has any emails/blogs I should forward this to please tell me cheers roger

drofluf
    Free Member

I’m not in Berkshire but does anyone know if Berkshire Carpets and Blinds would come out of the county? I think that these are the correct details:

But if they’re wrong perhaps someone would correct me?

ads678

Fortunatley as i live in up north i don’t have any reason to use http://www.berkshirecarpetsandblinds.co.uk, but i do have a mate that lives in Aylesbury and will tell him not to use berkshire carpets and blinds or BERKSHIRECARPETSANDBLINDS.

billyblackheart
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – Member

seventyteenth times

btbb
    Free Member

Would this be relevant?

johnellison
    Free Member

That’ll be the Geoff Cox who recently changed his name from Isaac…

allthepies
    Free Member

I try to remember incidences of crap driving from local companies and exclude them from consideration when stuff needs doing @ home.
    As I live in the catchment area for Berkshire Carpets and Blinds then I add them to the list of bad eggs. Thanks for the heads-up.

dabble
    Free Member

Unsuprising that the owners of this company:

( i think that is the right one?)
    would act in such an idiotic manner i mean, what do you expect when you live in BERKshire? 😉

Shocking flippancy from the owner, lets put him out of business!

cookeaa

If he’s going to be a cock about it perhaps it’s better to just go with the good old ridiculous complaint tactic, along the lines of:

“Dear Mr Cox, I can only assume from my observations of your employee’s driving that either:

a)You have chosen to fit some of your companies products to the windows of your vehicles for the purposes of product demonstration. as useful as this mobile sales feature no doubt is. I suggest you instruct drivers to raise the blinds before setting off on any journeys.

b)I’ve missread the company title and it is in fact “Berkshire Carpets fitted by the Blind” in which case while I applaud your efforts to offer employment to the visually impared, might I suggest you employ sighted drivers to assist your fitters on their journeys…

In either case please take appropriate steps to remedy the risk posed to road users by your companies 2 ton death waggons…

wrecker
    Free Member

After all of the questions about this;

We’re still only page 4. More effort required.

jekkyl

lol @ you lot, great stuff,
    +1 report to local paper where they will probably print it with a pic of the cyclist looking glum next to his bike on a road.

cookeaa

Who?

fathomer

LoCo – Member

thisisnotaspoon – Member

Didn’t know it worked like that

Me neither!

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Is it a slow news day?

Are we supposed to get our collective knickers in knots because someone in Reading had to ‘brake hard’ to ‘possibly’ avoid an inconsiderate driver.

composite
    Free Member

Just to check I have the spelling correct it’s Berkshire Carpets and Blinds telephone 0118 907 8799 and email enquiries@berkshirecarpetsandblinds.co.uk correct? 😀

trail_rat
    Free Member

least this lot didnt turn out like the van that tried to take me out ……. turned out it was a guy from just along the road from where i live – signwritten van , same plate ….. once they are out their van and had time to calm down – and presented with the face of whome they tried to kill its amaizing how apologetic they can become – that and because his wife was probably wondering why the hell there was a strange cyclist at the door going off his head.

allthepies
    Free Member

No, just move on, nothing to see here (apart from a Berkshire Carpet and Blinds van about to RUN YOU DOWN)

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Nothing to add but

scaled
    Free Member

i actually have an account on Yell.com specifically for posting reviews about these companies :$

http://www.yell.com/b/Berkshire+Carpets+and+Blinds-Flooring+Services-Reading-RG27HQ-825217/

dabble
    Free Member

doesn’t look like they’ve had many satisfied customers.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 135 total)

The topic ‘Bad email response to Dangerous Driving’ is closed to new replies.