Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 148 total)
  • At what age should I stop being naked in front of my kids?
  • johndoh
    Free Member

Talking to my wife the other night about something that happened whilst washing my kids’ hair in the male changing rooms after a swim at my gym and mentioned I was naked, to which she said it seemed odd. I don’t see why – it was a single sex changing room and I needed to shower too so I automatically stripped off before running back and forth between my cubicle and the two further cubicles my twin 5 year old girls were using so I could help them wash/rinse their hair.

So – is their a time when I should stop them seeing my naked like that?

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’d stop now.

And then start again when you turn seventy five.

DaRC_L

When they start saying ‘Ewwww put it away Dad’

gravity-slave
    Free Member

For some it’s definitely mid 30’s. If you’ve kept in shape, possibly into your 50’s.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Never don’t scar them forever. Also see the Jimmy s stuff, are you part of the pyramid?

Gunz
    Free Member

Interesting question as my 8 yo daughter is starting to become more aware, although to be honest it’s never occured to me that the naked body is something to hide (I am in the RN which may explain something) and can never be bothered to dressing-gown-up to and from the shower.

Hohum
    Free Member

They will probably tell you when you are too old and don’t want you to do it any more.

I think that my eldest started disliking me washing her hair when she was 8 or so.

johndoh
    Free Member

When they start saying ‘Ewwww put it away Dad’

I did hit one of my girls in the face with it to which she said ‘stop putting it in me daddy’, which caused the original discussion 😆

I hope no-one overheard it though 😳

EDIT: And yes, I have no nudity issues either so I find it hard to understand why it’s a big deal to see nudity.

bencooper
    Free Member

My dad only stopped after I started bringing girls home overnight…

woody2000

My dad only stopped after I started bringing girls home overnight…

Whereas mine didn’t 😳

bencooper
    Free Member

😀

johndoh
    Free Member

Whereas mine didn’t

Says Woody 😆

Drac

Nipping into the bathroom at home from the bedroom naked is one thing, standing with your tally wackle hanging out whilst you wash there hair is whole different thing.

scotroutes

What would have happened if another father had come in with his daughter (s)?

footflaps

‘stop putting it in me daddy’

You’d better pray she doesn’t repeat that at school one day, you’ll be locked away before you can say “STW Chat Forum”!

DezB
    Free Member

I did hit one of my girls in the face with it

I’m a bit upset by this. I think I need to talk to someone.

AlexSimon

gravity-slave – Member

For some it’s definitely mid 30’s. If you’ve kept in shape, possibly into your 50’s.
    That’s the first genuine laugh of the day – ta!

johndoh
    Free Member

What would have happened if another father had come in with his daughter (s)?

Well as it’s a male changing room he would have to expect to see naked men I guess.

BoardinBob

When we were teenagers a mate of mine spread a (false) rumour around school that we had “naked sundays” in my house where all the family had a bath then sat down naked to watch tv on Sunday night. Absolutely destroyed any street cred I may have had. 😆

the-muffin-man

My daughter is 12 – the wife and I still walk around naked.

scotroutes

Well as it’s a male changing room he would have to expect to see naked men I guess.[/quote]So the question really is “at what age is it OK for young girls to see naked men?

Drac

When we were teenagers a mate of mine spread a (false) rumour around school that we had “naked sundays” in my house where all the family had a bath then sat down naked to watch tv on Sunday night.

johndoh
    Free Member

So the question really is “at what age is it OK for young girls to see naked men?”

I guess you could look at it that way, yes.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Before they start telling you that the boys in their class are better endowed.

binners

annebr
    Free Member

I think if you are getting close enough to slap her in the face with your cock then politeness would indicate you need to wrap it up.

I wouldn’t have problem with my dad wandering about naked (if he was alive now) as long as he wasn’t slapping me (or anyone else) in the face with it.

😕

dooosuk
    Free Member

about something that happened

What DID happen?

Edit – just seen you admitted slapping your daughter with it.

binners

Isn’t dangerously close to tea-bagging 😀

kelvin

Well, gravity-slave made me laugh.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I think if you are getting close enough to slap her in the face with your cock

As they say religion is like a penis, it’s fine to have one but don’t force it on others….

dazh

So the question really is “at what age is it OK for young girls to see naked men?”

It’s a bloody sad state of affairs that that question even has to be asked.

johndoh
    Free Member

I wouldn’t have problem with my dad wandering about naked (if he was alive now) as long as he wasn’t slapping me (or anyone else) in the face with it.

Just so we are straight here, I didn’t deliberately swing it at her 😯

surfer
    Free Member

😀

Gary_M
    Free Member

I did hit one of my girls in the face with it to which she said ‘stop putting it in me daddy’, which caused the original discussion

this is very, very wrong. Nothing against nakedness but that’s a step too far.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I make sure to at least have pants on if my teenage daughter is home, and lock the bathroom door. I don’t worry about the if it’s just the boys (7 and 5) at home, they quite like to be able to carry on chatting while I’m having a shower or dump (and I might want to show off to them if I curl out a genuine crowd pleaser).

Rosss
    Free Member

This certainly has potential for an early entry into thread of the year contest 😆

freeagent
    Free Member

So – is their a time when I should stop them seeing me naked like that?

I’d say scale it down before they go off to Uni, you don’t want them telling their friends that it is the thing they miss most whilst being away from home..

Scamper
    Free Member

I think for anyone in the military ie my Wife, the answer to the OP’s question is probably never. She does not think twice about going for a pee with me in the loo at the same time either. Which is fair enough. But when my mother-in-law is in the toilet at the same time discussing colour schemes, that’s a step too far for me 😯

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve gotten changed in many a Sailing Club changing rooms, TBH most folk cover up no matter what age.

On occasion you see kids nekkid on the beach then in the showers but they’re no older than ohhh…3

I’d say, if you want my opinion (and I’ve no kids either) cover up from now on. I guess you will be teaching them from now on its not excepted. Once they become 14 you can then explain deeper into the various ways society deals with nudity in both social and home situations.

Then when they go to Uni they’ll see all sorts, certainly I did 😆

pictonroad

I did hit one of my girls in the face with it

I’m a bit upset by this. I think I need to talk to someone.

Thanks Dez, proper coffee spitting laugh there… 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 148 total)

The topic ‘At what age should I stop being naked in front of my kids?’ is closed to new replies.