Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 397 total)
  • At the current rate of deterioration in the global weather systems patterns!
  • kaesae
    Free Member

How much time do we think we have until the planet is uninhabitable?

Also are those retarded experts who went on for years about the climate being fine, still employed?

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Don’t confuse weather with climate. Mankind has lived through far worse than that we have experienced, though not with seven billion people and a resource hungry advanced society…

Klunk
    Free Member

warm and wet, the local environment is very green and bushy.

glenh
    Free Member

Probably about 5 minutes

Keva
    Free Member

I expect there will always parts of the planet that remain habitable, that’s why the planet is still teeming with life despite constant climate change over millions of years. Adapt, migrate or die.

kaesae
    Free Member

Is the weather the local manifestation of the climates global condition?

NZCol

Lunchtime, best guess.

kaesae
    Free Member

Humanity will survive because it has, up until their extinction the same could be said for the dinosaurs.

Here’s a question, if humanity has been around for well over 100,000 years in it’s current form, why is it only now that we are seeing such population growth?

Every culture that has developed has had writing, however our records only go back a few thousand years.

What exactly have we been doing all this time, sitting about doing nothing, going against out very natures?

GrahamS

I suspect Earth will always be inhabitable by “something” until the Sun dies.

Just not us.

GrahamS

Here’s a question, if humanity has been around for well over 100,000 years in it’s current form, why is it only now that we are seeing such population growth?

Exponential growth + advances in medicine and agriculture.

GrahamS

Every culture that has developed has had writing, however our records only go back a few thousand years.

40,800 year old “records”…

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2012/06/120614-neanderthal-cave-paintings-spain-science-pike/

onehundredthidiot

Climate and weather are oft confused.

If it rains today are we in for flooding or if it’s hot and dry tomorrow is that the absolute proof of global warming and the desertification of the northern hemisphere? There’s plenty of evidence of heating and cooling cycles. But they last hundreds of years and take time to manifest themselves. A few years of ropey weather and el niño la nina (?) don’t prove or disprove anything.

muckytee
    Free Member

It won’t be the climate that will kill us, but peoples incessant whining about it 😉

onehundredthidiot

Have a look at the ice core data. Isolate the last 10,000 years is there an obvious trend? It’s going to take a lot more study and time before we can make a truly scientifically (devoid of sponsorships influence) statement about changes in weather patterns.

http://www.mos.org/soti/icecore/studies.html

kaesae
    Free Member

Good point onehundredthidiot, do you know if any work has been done to look for any correlations between this work and what it shows and the movement of the stars or other astral bodies?

Can you explain the difference between climate and weather, I thought that climate was the global system of weather over a certain prolonged period that effects the weather conditions that occur for short periods?

munrobiker
    Free Member

With the amount of rain over the last 5 months Sheffield is already uninhabitable.

Oh, and any mis-informed internet hero that claims that what we are going through is “just a cycle” is so unbelievably wrong that I’d disregard anything they ever post on the forum in the future.

Lots of love from someone who has done 4 years of studying climate and geology. And I’m not going to post again on this thread because I know that it’ll get bogged down in half informed opinions that “prove” me wrong.

GrahamS

do you know if any work has been done to look for any correlations between this work and what it shows and the movement of the stars or other astral bodies?

Are you suggesting that climate change is because Earth is a Pisces and we are in the Age of Aquarius, causing astrological disharmony?

nealglover
    Free Member

and the movement of the stars or other astral bodies?

What is the main focus of the thread ?

You seem to have the attention span of a Labrador puppy.

GrahamS

I think he is off his pills again.

Or possibly on them. 😀

Spin
    Free Member

Can you explain the difference between climate and weather, I thought that climate was the global system of weather over a certain prolonged period that effects the weather conditions that occur for short periods?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4Z0S9yRTyw[/video]

nealglover
    Free Member

Lots of love from someone who has done 4 years of studying climate and geology. And I’m not going to post again on this thread because I know that it’ll get bogged down in half informed opinions that “prove” me wrong.

Your right, it’s best not to use the knowledge you gained from four years of study.

Would be a shame to enlighten anyone with it.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think he is off his pills again.

Or possibly on them.

Nice.

😐

kaesae
    Free Member

Hello Munrobiker, yes that is some quite extensive flooding they are seeing, the major problems / threats are of course food production or supply and disease.

There are also a lot of other potential outcomes or side effects from the weather that it would be hard to prepare for, however with the recession and the state of the councils / governments due to lack of organizational skills, this can only get worse.

2 years ago I spoke about what I felt was an important fact, that we are moving into a different sector of space that will have slightly different laws and electromagnetic characteristics.

Our world will of course have to change to adhere to these new laws or this changing astral environment. However we have more important things to concern ourselves with like the Olympics and Eastenders!

GrahamS

2 years ago I spoke about what I felt was an important fact, that we are moving into a different sector of space that will have different laws.

Which laws change in different sectors of space? And how are these sectors defined?

onehundredthidiot

Nicely constructed argument there. Pretty much the ” my ball your not playing” school of discussion.

In my understanding weather is what happens on a day to day basis, climate is a long term and effectively averaged weather pattern, averaged for night/day and the seasons. So days weeks and seasons compared to decades and longer.

Lots of evidence for cyclic patterns, whether we are in one and at what stage, well I’m surprised that someone can make a definitive statement about that, and if we are warming then what is causing it and how extreme will it be is obviously a matter of much discussion.

To my mind the data sets are too incomplete to be able to use past evidence to predict future trends. But then I may be just a fool on the Internet.

I make no statements one way or the other just would rather people thought about things a little.

nealglover
    Free Member

2 years ago I spoke about what I felt was an important fact, that we are moving into a different sector of space that will have slightly different laws and electromagnetic characteristics.
    Our world will of course have to change to adhere to these new laws or this changing astral environment.

“citation needed”

Explain yourself.

However we have more important things to concern ourselves with like the Olympics and Eastenders!

Ah the old “I’m so superior, and I only sound like a tin foil hat wearing loony because you watch telly” defence.

Priceless.

Why not just go all the way and use the conspiracy loon’s favourite term “sheeple” 🙄

kaesae
    Free Member

Do we know for certain if our sun effects the weather on this planet?

GrahamS

Read an interesting report on the Berkeley Earth Surface Temperature project.
    Partly funded by climate sceptics, such as the Heartland Institute.

Prof Richard Muller, a physicist and climate change sceptic who founded the Berkeley Earth Surface Temperature (Best) project, said he was surprised by the findings. “We were not expecting this, but as scientists, it is our duty to let the evidence change our minds.”

He added that he now considers himself a “converted sceptic” and his views had undergone a “total turnaround” in a short space of time.

“Our results show that the average temperature of the Earth’s land has risen by 2.5F over the past 250 years, including an increase of 1.5 degrees over the most recent 50 years. Moreover, it appears likely that essentially all of this increase results from the human emission of greenhouse gases,”

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2012/jul/29/climate-change-sceptics-change-mind

To my mind the data sets are too incomplete to be able to use past evidence to predict future trends.

I suspect that will always be the case though. No matter how much past data you have, predicting the future is always a “best guess”.

FWIW the Berkeley project used “a collection of 14.4m land temperature observations from 44,455 sites across the world dating back to 1753”

Spin
    Free Member

Yup. When it’s out its warmer.

nealglover
    Free Member

Well it would be bloody cold without it.

GrahamS

???

Fairly sure it is responsible for it being “sunny” sometimes?

kaesae
    Free Member

Is there any evidence or correlation between solar flares and seismic activity also adverse or extreme weather conditions / patterns?

nealglover
    Free Member

Is there any evidence or correlation between solar flares and seismic activity also adverse or extreme weather conditions / patterns?

Are all these question rhetorical, or can you just not be bothered to find these things out for yourself ?

GrahamS

Are all these question rhetorical, or can you just not be bothered to find these things out for yourself ?

I suspect they are leading questions which will result in a quite extraordinary leap of logic in just a few posts…

nealglover
    Free Member

I suspect they are leading questions which will result in a quite extraordinary leap of logic in just a few posts…

You’re being very optimistic !

kaesae
    Free Member

Only takes one monkey to piss in the drinking water and ruin it for everyone!

Do try to behave yourselves in other people’s threads now children!

nealglover
    Free Member

I’ve asked questions you have chosen to ignore for some reason.

That’s not exactly adult behaviour is it ?

GrahamS

I thinking something along the lines of:

“Well if standing next to this fire makes me hot then clearly another fire* that is 24,938,000,000,000 miles away will also make me hot.”

😀

(* Proxima Centauri)

kaesae
    Free Member

nealglover – Member

I’ve asked questions you have chosen to ignore for some reason.

That’s not exactly adult behaviour is it ?

Point taken angry man child, but I do not consider you to be a mature adult, more a stroppy, insecure child, trapped in an adult body.

Hope that goes some way to explaining why I do not attempt to communicate with you!

GrahamS

Only takes one monkey to piss in the drinking water and ruin it for everyone!

Do try to behave yourselves in other people’s threads now children!

People politely asking you to explain some of your “less mainstream” ideas and offering some critical analysis is not “misbehaving” IMO.

But I’ll now leave this thread before you decide to get the Mods involved. 🙄

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 397 total)

The topic ‘At the current rate of deterioration in the global weather systems patterns!’ is closed to new replies.