Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Asgard bike sheds
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

I’m potentially facing a storage situation and have seen these Asgard secure bike sheds, how good are they?

wwaswas

Mark had one – a search might reveal his review – he was impressed, iirc.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Who is Mark?

wwaswas

owns the company, ‘forum grumpy’ etc.

http://singletrackworld.com/reviews/asgard-29r-bike-shed/

LeeW

I had mine delivered yesterday, haven’t put it up yet but it’s certainly an effort to move the different pieces around the garden to (read for the other half) decide exactly where’s it’s going.*

nedrapier

I’ve got one. Seems good. No one’s broken into it, but I don’t know if anyone’s ever tried!

philwarren11
    Free Member

I like mine, could do with it being longer tho, I struggle to get 3 bikes in mine as i have to turn the bars to fir them in.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Love mine, managed to squeeze four into a four bike shed but it was a challenge with the two MBT being wide handles. Dont think anyones tried to get in but I feel confident about the security of it. I just need to grab an accessory pack so it has shelves and hooks in it as these would be super handy for me.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’m looking at the big ass 6 bike one, got enough room.

At that price would a brick building be more economical, considering I need to get a base built anyway.

philwarren11
    Free Member

I grabbed a pack of hooks from Ikea and hang them from the holes in the back of the frame. Hangs up tyres nicely.

matts
    Free Member

We’ve had one for about 8 years. We’re now up to 5 bikes in the 4 bike shed (2 road bikes, hybrid, 24″ kids bike. 16″ kids bike). It’s a bit of a squeeze, but just about doable. One of the original padlocks seized and I had to get it removed. Have got a couple of circular Abus ones now. Actual metal shed still looks like new. We already had a concrete base where the shed is.

jonk

[/url]IMG_3301 by jon kemp, on Flickr[/img]

This is the 8 bike model as you can see there is plenty of room but it is rather large. Didn’t take too long to errect and seems very solid.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Had mine 3 years. No complaints. I manage to get 5 bikes in mine (i turn the mtb bars level with the frame)

nedrapier

steve, dig down a bit, get a flat base, compact the earth, stick a load of sharp sand down, compact and level the sand, stick some 50mm thick concrete slabs down. Will cost buttons compared to the shed!

adsh
    Free Member

At that price would a brick building be more economical, considering I need to get a base built anyway.

Permanent isn’t infallible either. Unless you spec decent size blocks a sledgehammer can gain entry and there is always the issue of how to roof it.

steve_b77
    Free Member

nedrapier – Member
    steve, dig down a bit, get a flat base, compact the earth, stick a load of sharp sand down, compact and level the sand, stick some 50mm thick concrete slabs down. Will cost buttons compared to the shed!

Thanks for the tip not that I’m a Civil Engineer or anything 😉

chief1409
    Free Member

I bought one after getting 3 bikes nicked from my garage (which was away at the bottom of the garden) so i could have them near the house in a more secure/bright location. Someone tried to break into the house via a door that is 3m from the shed but didn’t try to break into the shed (or maybe couldn’t). Not very scientific but reassuring (from a bike security point of view at least). As it happens, the scrote got caught and sent down for that and circa 20 other burglaries / attempted burglaries. Result! I digress…

Our 6 bike version holds 3 MTBs, 1 road bike, 1 hybrid, 3 childrens bikes, 4 scooters and all our cushions for the garden furniture when its not in use as well as a few others bits and bobs.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Asgard bike sheds’ is closed to new replies.