Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • Aren't sundays brill? How's yours going then?
  • binners

Aroma of Sunday roast wafting from the kitchen. Check.
    Huey on Six Music. Check
    Nice, unseasonably mild, weather. Check (we’ve been out and about all morning)
    The sound of my girls bouncing on the bed upstairs. Check
    Beers chilling in the fridge ready for the Chelski game. Check

It doesn’t get much better than that

Hows yours going 🙂

mogrim

Good ride this morning, despite galeforce winds and risk of rain – check

Roast chicken for lunch – check

Couple of beers – check

Going great so far 🙂

GW
    Free Member

My Sunday needs a new headset 🙁

saxabar
    Free Member

Pretty damned good. Snowdonia awoke to heavy dusting of snow so I had a bimble around Ogwen stopping for a pasty before heading back. A roast sounds like a splendid idea!

mogrim

A roast sounds like a splendid idea!

Snowy out, and a roast inside? More than splendid, I’d say!

Tonight’s forecast is for cold, wet and windy outside, log fire and red wine inside.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

missed going out on the fod ride this morning – check
    finally got out this afternoon and fell and hurt my knee – check

lovely hot shower tho
    and will prepare something lovely for dinner

lowey

Been hauled round IKEA with my darling wife and the girls.

I have no officially forgotten how to ride a bike its been that long 🙁

binners

mogrim. You’re a genius. Thats tonight sorted 🙂

loddrik
    Free Member

Good ride in the peaks yesterday so today is home made chilli, relaxation and watch the reds thump
    Chelsea.

Karl33to
    Free Member

house to myself
    finished off reading the latest singletrack mag
    pizza in the oven
    just been and put a deposit on a new car
    and now watching the Grand Prix with a cup of really nice tea – so not bad so far

kudos100
    Free Member

Pretty damm good. Just got back from a great 4 hour ride, testing the mud tyres which worked brilliantly. Am now about to start reading the sunday paper by the fire with my cat.

brakes
    Free Member

feeling shitty – check
    working at home – check
    no food in the fridge – check
    boring grand prix about to start – probably check

snowslave

Best ride in ages yesterday, Jacobs ladder, chapel gate, roych clough, coldwell clough etc. Conditions to die for, stunning views. Then isotonic beer chips and steak ciabatta by the fire in the sportsman at hayfield. Today someone could set off an industrial sized muck spreader in my bedroom and I really wouldn’t care less. Today is for smug glows and less smugly ordering a new cassette off tinternet. Life is good.

brooess
    Free Member

Up early for a road ride through country lanes for tea and cake at my parents and home in time for more tea, medals and haribo.
    Decision to move North for better biking looking like a damn good one so far 🙂

oldgit
    Free Member

Nice.
    Been out with the fast boys this morning, big ring riding all the way, and a bit tired from racing yesterday.
    Had a deep bath with added girly stuff.
    All the kids have gone out for the weekend.
    Eating sausage, olives, cheese, bread and drinking wine.
    Made good coffee half a dozen times and nodded off before I could drink any.
    Morpheus is certainly flowing.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Wake up at 8:45 – check
    Rumpy Pumpy – check :mrgreen:
    2 hours round the local woods in cracking sunny autumnal yet very muddy conditions – check
    Plate of Cheese & Pickle sandwiches & crisps ready on return – check
    Eat said sarnies while watchign F.A Cup footie – Check
    Watching the Grand Prix – Check
    Bangers, Mash n’ beans for tea – Check

Sundays rock 😆

M6TTF
    Free Member

Great ride thus morning round goyt valley, wildboarclough and macc forest, sinus pain causing me a bit of grief whilst I watch moto gp

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Out on the river at 9 am this morning, in an eight, rowing through the rising mist as the sun came up. The silence broken by the cox’s calls and the clunk of eight oars at the finish. Seeing the two swans with their ever growing cygnets. Steaming tea and biscuits afterwards. Just lovely.

Out on the road bike this afternoon for a short burst and a few of Bristol’s finest hills followed by soup and coffee with mrs deadly.

Social this evening at The Watershed.

Not even the puncture could dent the good feelings.

GrahamS

Pretty good.

Up early. Bacon and egg frittata for breakfast.
    Swimming with my wife and our 7 month old girl.
    Met friends and their little one month old for Sunday lunch.
    Back to the house for a cuddly afternoon nap.
    Now off to do some manly DIY in the loft.

Anna-B
    Free Member

Ran the Tidworth 10k in a PB of 57 minutes which I was chuffed to bits about. My aim was sub 60.
    Spent the afternoon reading the paper and eating lovely Waitrose bread with butter.
    It has indeed been brill!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

10k in a PB of 57 minutes

Good work!

franciscobegbie
    Free Member

Spent 4 hours up the local hills. A great ride today, found some new trails and only came off once! 😀

Sue_W
    Free Member

Friends staying so a leisurely cooked breakfast and then laying with their dog on the beach in the sun. Friends had the decency to depart about midday leaving enough time for a 3 hr ride up the Conwy valley – autumn colours and stunning views of the snowy mountains in Snowdonia.

Can now see the bad weather approaching so heading for an evening at the climbing wall – rocking weekend!

Northwind

Can’t ride just now so had a nice lie in then went and got my “new” Mmmbop to replace the one that got warrantied, so happy enough.

Anna-B
    Free Member

Ah thanks DD! It was off road, hilly and muddy as well, and I surprised myself with the time 🙂

elaineanne
    Free Member

ive neen boring paint stripping today with my heat gun… just awaiting roast beef to pop out the oven any time now….smells nice yummy.. 😉

chrisdb
    Free Member

Nice blast round GT red this morning. I’ve been doing more natural and/or techy routes recently and it was very good fun just blasting down the red. Spooky really is BMX tastic now though.

trickydisco
    Free Member

got up early for my first club ride. Felt good (even after 60 miles on the road yesterday)

Need to buy some crud roadracer mudguards and some bib longs i think – definitely can’t afford to buy a winter bike like the rest of them on the ride!

mrsflash
    Free Member

fab, lovely day here so we went for a walk from Grassington. Track cycling on tv now.

curtisthecat
    Free Member

Up early for a club ride, then home to pick up the wife and my mate and his wife. We went for a Wags ride in the beautiful cold sunshine. Just got home and had a nice hot bath and put in the homemade piri piri chicken in the oven. Now sitting in front of a roaring fire and looking forward to reading the weekend papers.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It was off road, hilly and muddy as well

Even better 8)

aP
    Free Member

Marshalled a road race until 1.30. Home by 2.30, measured space for new shed, F1 on telly, sorted out chain problems on new cross frame, changed block on wheels, got list of things to order after the disaster at cxl MK yesterday. Out for a pint then back for lashings of vege curry.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Stayed in bed with the gf until 2pm… 😉 😀 8)

Spot of shopping and then a big old walk with the pooches.

Stew on the stove nearly ready…

…Happy days.

loddrik
    Free Member

I was right about the reds too… 🙂

anagallis_arvensis

well mrs anagallis has been having contractions since 8 am

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

An absolutely cracking walk on Cannock Chase followed by a pint in the Barley Mow then followed by a bostin dinner, then – Urrhh, crap football – all my fantasy team players were shite! and also the Brazilian GP was utter shite… if I could roll back the last 3 hrs today I surely would…

nbt

Fab ride in unexpectedly nice conditions given the forecast, took the tandeom out and cleaned the shielan and neald’s way climbs, then we felt adventurous so went up Aspenshaw Hall and cleaned the last drop to Rowarth.

Enchiladas for tea (burp), pub quiz soon. Not that bad a day 🙂

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Minor bike fettling on the geared hardtail this morning. Played with my 16 month old son for a few hours whilst my wife went shopping. Got out on the bike for a quick blast on the North Downs Way just as it was getting dark- dry and crunchyleaftastic. Fab sunset too. Got back and had lovely roast dinner. Little one in bed and glass of wine on the go now.

mogrim

anagallis_arvensis – Member
    well mrs anagallis has been having contractions since 8 am

That pretty much beats the rest, I guess. Although as binners says, I am indeed a genius 😀

martinxyz
    Free Member

went out on new hardtail, clear sky,chilly and no wind. stopped at bottom of first climb to put seat up a bit and a winter training roadie passed me.. he stood up all the way up the climb and i sat and watched him creep off into the distance.. only to get to the dead end at the top and roll past me before i reached the top. grrr! lungs suffered after that with the lack of biking and the 4c temp.

came home,changed into motorbike gear and went for short local bursts.came off a dry roundabout and felt both tyres beginning to slide so had to straighten up a bit.. they were stone cold and i thought it was going the wrong way.it didnt.. now home and going to watch motogp.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Aren't sundays brill? How's yours going then?’ is closed to new replies.