• This topic has 38 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by nonk.
Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Apology of the day
  • Cougar

Rather than hand out flyers, a Edinburgh fringe act has been handing out stickers depicting a crudely drawn “gentleman’s appendage.” Other acts who’ve since had these stickers applied to their posters have become upset and demanded an apology.

This is the apology.

(Possibly Not Safe For Work if you have particularly draconian web filters / sysadmins in place, contains male hen references and what would be termed swear filter avoidance here.)

wwaswas

last night I received a visit at my venue from Edinburgh Council Environmental Dept. who told us that they had spent the day pulling off over a hundred cocks

🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I bet K- and the Gang think they’re so funny and clever…

RealMan
    Free Member

😀
    😀 😀 😀 😀
    😀

ourkidsam
    Free Member

I’m amused

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

That is in no way shape or form funny. One of the many reasons that the vast majority of Edinburgh residents hate the festival.

PJM1974
    Free Member

K and the Gang went up in my estimation for their tribute to Nick Clegg a while back.

Well deserved.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Loving your work RealMan

JEngledow
    Free Member

That is in no way a crudely drawn cock shape or and form funny.

FTFY 😆

nonk
    Free Member

That is in no way shape or form funny. One of the many reasons that the vast majority of Edinburgh residents hate the festival

and you know all the residents of edinburgh do you? 🙄

GrahamS

That is in no way shape or form funny.

Incorrect.

One of the many reasons that the vast majority of Edinburgh residents hate the festival.

Personally I used to love the Festival when we lived in Edinburgh. So did most of the folk I knew. It’s a great time of year.

It’s only the grouchy old gits that don’t like it IME, definitely not a majority.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

and you know all the residents of edinburgh do you?

Shut up Troll.

santacoops
    Free Member

where did they go?

Kunstler

K & the Gang seem to be like their royal wedding single. A funny idea but the execution of it wasn’t.

where did they go?

Edinburgh Council Environmental Dept Internet stealth Division

Saw Russell Kane last night. Very sharp, very energised and extremely funny. We’re trying our luck with some free shows today.

Junkyard
    Free Member

did not find their explanation that funny tbh though i did find drawing cocks amusing at school,

ourkidsam
    Free Member
    hels
    Free Member

I lived in Edinburgh for 15 years and still work here, and I hate the Fringe. They should have just left it as the Arts Festival, ballet and opera and all that, proper art.

And it got even worse when they made comedy such a heavy focus, so now all the chavs found it and go to shows WHICH IS NOT WHAT ART SHOULD BE ABOUT. Comedy is not proper art. Get back on that 52 bus !!

Now it has degenerated to willy jokes, yay. I blame those Aussie guys with all their willy folding 10 years ago. It’s amazing how much you can blame on the Aussies if you try hard, crikey.

The Book Festival is ace, mind, don’t see them drawing genitalia on each others books.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

now all the chavs found it and go to shows WHICH IS NOT WHAT ART SHOULD BE ABOUT.

indeed, let’s keep art for the tram loving middle classes. IMHO, this is why edinbugh deserves the Fringe. There’s not enough self righteous pomposity anywhere else (probably not even London) for it work properly

hels
    Free Member

EXACTLY. Ban it now !! Down with this sort of thing !!

Junkyard
    Free Member

i have to wait till I get home to see it

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Even my sense of humour is more refined than K and the Gangs.

Cougar

Down with this sort of thing !!

Careful now.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

A funny apology – but from an act who I have watched on youtube a good few times and always found joyless, thick and stupid. And not even decent singers. There are better and funnier providers of swearing and cock jokes available.

And comedy can be an art – just often isn’t.

onehundredthidiot

Think it’s gotten too big for it’s own talent. And most people get no where near the Festival. They attend the Fringe. Right royal pain in the arse and worth to the local economy? After taking out the large corporations which barely pay into the economy then not a lot.
    Bloody costs me money though, policing, clean up operation and fireworks.

Bah and indeed Humbug.

And no i do not want another f*****g flyer for a rubbish show. And taking your nationwide show to a big venue and charging a fortune to hear the same jokes you’ve done for the last two months, although technically is taking it to the Fringe, is, in my opinion, taking the proverbial.

And……….breath.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Good gag/publicity IMO, shame they are doing the 13 year old’s company-naming fantasy (I blame Cove)

Is the show any good I wonder?

Too many aren’t.

swiss01
    Free Member

i was in edinburgh just yesterday and witnessed these very ‘ghost cocks’. given the average age of the punters lolling about i was hardly surprised yet at the same time had a moment when i was wishing that i had a marker so that i could do a better job. ms swiss demurred.

fear not tho hels, my gigs, in the main, were appropriately free of humour and the art we went to see was both serious and quality (for a proper antidote to the fatuousness of the fringe or any fatuous comments re the same get along to see 400 women in new street).

in the end tho we did succumb and went to see mr b at the voodoo rooms. there were singsongs and knob jokes. it was quality.

GrahamS

worth to the local economy? After taking out the large corporations which barely pay into the economy then not a lot.

You have got to be joking?!?

The population of Edinburgh DOUBLES during the Festival/Fringe. That is one hell of a lot of extra people spending money in cafes, bars, restaurants, shops, taxis, hotels, guest houses, B&Bs…

“the Edinburgh Festivals Impact Study is the largest programme of research into the 12 international events… calculating that they generated £261m for the national economy and £245m for Edinburgh in 2010, compared to the £191m accrued by the country’s golfing industry.”

Festivals a ‘bigger boost for Scottish economy than golf’ (STV News)

AlasdairMc

I too hate the Festival, or more accurately the Fringe – Edinburgh resident all my life.

These days, walking through Edinburgh all you get are student theatre and comedy groups giving you flyers designed to look like a popular film poster, all the while trying to convince you that the tat they’re trying to invite you to is somehow more unique than all the other tat. I genuinely can’t be bothered with it anymore.

GrahamS

Bloody costs me money though… fireworks.

I’m pretty sure that the Virgin Money Fireworks Concert is sponsored by someone, plus it is £27.50 a ticket. I don’t think it is coming out your Council Tax.

GrahamS

I too hate the Festival, or more accurately the Fringe – Edinburgh resident all my life.

Yep. Only true born-and-bred soor-faced Edinburgers could detest having the world’s largest arts and comedy festivals on their doorstep. An event that other people pay a fortune to attend and which really turns the city alive for a month.

You’ll have had yer tea?

swiss01
    Free Member

i can only assume alasdair that you are perhaps more youthful or exhibit the sort of fixed wheel hipster looks that appeal to the flyer types as one of their sort. me, perhaps not so, so i was amazingly unbothered by the flyerers yesterday, except for one fellow who decided to sticker me (not with a white cock i hasten to add).

i will admit that when i lived in edinburgh i did find the festival, at times, rather tiresome (usually when i trying to cycle up the cowgate) but it’s also true that i’ve been back every year since i left and haven’t had a year when i haven’t seen something excellent

kimbers

wow theres a lot of miserable old codgers on here!(yeah i know its stw)

ive visited the fringe twice and its been great, must bring millions to the city, without it edinburgh would be just be glasgow with a castle

j_me
    Free Member

That is in no way shape or form funny. One of the many reasons that the vast majority of Edinburgh residents hate the festival

8=============>

Junkyard
    Free Member

where is al? it is a haterz thread and he is not here …is he ok?

Cougar

All the haters, you’ve heard of holidays, yes?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’m a lover not a hater Junkyard.

Quite like the festival, you have to tolerate some hassle and choose what you do/see but lots of residents enjoy it.

redthunder
    Free Member

b1galus
    Free Member

as a native son i admit that i love the festival and the buzz round the city at festival time , i have seen some brilliant street theatre and some not so good stuff over the years but really only remember the highlights

nonk
    Free Member

Surrounded By Zulus – Member

and you know all the residents of edinburgh do you?

Shut up Troll.

the most tedious troll of all time spouts this….hahhaaaaaaahhaahhh 😆

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Apology of the day’ is closed to new replies.