Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Apologies to the other cyclist I hit this morning!
  • creedy
    Free Member

Just like to put out a public apology to the other commuter I hit on my bike this morning. I was looking sideways at a very close van when he had to stop at zebra crossing. I turned saw him to late and side swiped him. Thankfully I came off worse. But very embarrassed as only second day commuting in London! Safer on the trails me thinks!!

dashed
    Free Member

Oooo, this is gonna be fun 😀

stevied
    Free Member

Tea and biscuits anyone?

unklehomered
    Free Member

No no no, you need to come in with agressive accusations and ‘it was all his fault’. At this rate it will all be forgiveness and hugs by 11:30… and where’s the fun in that?

tomhoward

*flicks kettle on*

Garibaldi anyone?

hora
    Free Member

😀

creedy
    Free Member

Ferritt – trying to help or flame 🙂

eyerideit
    Free Member

Not a good start, [just saying] maybe ignore traffic behind you and concentrate on it in front. [/just saying]

I’ll have a custard cream if there’s any going.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Get a car?

ferrit
    Free Member

creedy – just enjoying the banter 🙂

RoganJosh
    Free Member

I nearly hit a tuk tuk yesterday doing the same, don’t worry old boy!

theflatboy
    Free Member

Where in London was this?

senorj

The other day another cyclist seemed to get his gander up as I passed him ,he sped up ,over took me , tried to run a light,braked and slowly collided into the side of a white transit. He was ok.
    I left them to it. 😐
    Glad I missed the op. 🙂

creedy
    Free Member

Old brompton road about 730!

ads678

I was failing at track standing yesterday on the way home through Leeds, then as I needed to unclip my foot it got stuck!! Cue falling sideways into a taxi!!

Fortunately only my hand hit the car rather than my bike, so no damage, apart from my ego. we all had a good laugh at my expense and carried on. Felt a right nana though 😳

samuri
    Free Member

While we’re apologising for stuff….

yesterday on the way home some chap who looked like he was right up for a race passed me as we left a set of lights. Now normally I’d run him into the ground but my big ring is looking a little smooth after I broke most of the teeth off during multiple similar chase-and-drop incidents so if I accelerate hard at the moment the chain falls off. I’ve ordered a new ring which should be here by friday at which point I’ll be happy to tear your legs off.

So, sorry about that.

brakes
    Free Member

over time your eyes will migrate to the side of your head so that you have near-360 degree vision and this won’t happen again.

I think Tour-fever has hit the commuters this week – certainly more of them up for a race. [samuri] or willing to be beaten [/samuri]

creedy
    Free Member

Ha ha not even watching the tour atm. But def need to get my commuter eye in! Too use to looking at the trail in front!!

shermer75
    Free Member

Was the other guy cycling across a zebra crossing?

creedy
    Free Member

No! Worst part he’d stopped to allow ped across. Which is right and what I do. Just not use to that stretch of road and riding in heavy traffic. Like I said new job so new commute 🙁

shermer75
    Free Member

No worries! Noone can say London’s an easy ride 🙂

creedy
    Free Member

First off in over a year!!

parkesie
    Free Member

No apologies for the other cyclist you hit?

miketually
    Free Member

I think Tour-fever has hit the commuters this week

I watched yesterday’s highlights show just before riding to work this morning. May have got in a little faster than normal…

creedy
    Free Member

Parksie- that was what the op was about! My full remorse

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Apologies to the other cyclist I hit this morning!’ is closed to new replies.