Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Anywhere still stock the Maverick SC32 Fork?
  • letmetalktomark

Got a hankering to try a pair to replace the Recons on my Soul.

Any pointers?

speaker2animals

If anyone does it will be Tim at http://www.sidewayscycles.com.

You do know that it takes a specific hub?

letmetalktomark

speaker2animals – Member

You do know that it takes a specific hub?

Yes 😉

On the lookout for a hub too.

marsdenman
    Free Member

Sorry, no time to find the link but there was an eBay seller listing a few BNIB seats for, IIRC, £250. That’s when I was looking last week…i did not buy anything in the end..

speaker2animals

Possibly from the same bloke as the fork then. I know Tim still services them and carries parts. He may have old stock. Not sure if they still exist as a company?

speaker2animals

The company does appear to still be going, only DUC fork though, so Tim or Ebay your best bet.

snaps
    Free Member

Yes they still exist as a company & are taking pre orders on the carbon DUC36 fork Pics here

uplink
    Free Member

There’s a set on the classifieds IIRC

letmetalktomark

Cheers chaps.

Looking for SC though rather than DC.

Sven

Marsdenman had it right, there was a guy on eBay selling them initially for £250, then reduced to £175 (that’s when I bought one pair in June), the eBay name is ‘surplusbikebits’ (also known as bikebits2010), he had at least 6 around, and I think I was one of the first to buy one. They are not listed any longer but may be worth trying to contact him anyway. Email me and I can forward his email address/phone number.
    Sven

SidewaysTim

The SC32 is currently out of production. There are a few pairs of NOS SC32’s still kicking about from back in the day. Pick up a set and we can sort out any problems that might arise. Servicing is no problem and most parts are still available and will be for some time.

DUC36’s are on the horizon, carbon upper, like the DUC32 was intended to be, should be a stunning fork.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Here you go – http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160623891133?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Edit: Sorry skipped the previous replys but looks like the best bet.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Plenty on ebay

snaps
    Free Member

Plenty on ebay

One Plenty on ebay in the USA 🙄

They are a good fork but just make sure they’re not old OEM with the crap grey seals that leak after your first ride.

SidewaysTim

They are a good fork but just make sure they’re not old OEM with the crap grey seals that leak after your first ride.

I’m pretty sure that the SC32 never came with the old black seals. Even so, if you get a NOS fork, keep in mind that it has sat in a warehouse/shop floor somewhere in the region of five years. Over that time the o rings and seals will have degraded anyway, so a service would be a good idea sooner rather than later.

Speshpaul

I think dave mellors in shrewsbury have got a pair 01743 366662.
    cheers
    paul

cynic-al
    Free Member

snaps – Member
    One on ebay in the USA

You gotta set up a search and wait – plenty come up over time 🙄

Dibbs
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure that the SC32 never came with the old black seals.

I can assure you they did, and when the seal popped out oil when over your front disc stopping any squeaking instantly 😆

SidewaysTim

Well, it was a long time ago 🙂

Just for clarification, the seal only pops out when the outer leg has filled up with air from a leaky air chamber. Or it’s been overfilled with lubricating oil.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Anywhere still stock the Maverick SC32 Fork?’ is closed to new replies.