Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Anyone work for the passport office?
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Whats the processing time like at the minute? Waiting for my new passport to come back (international application) and the application web info is a little sparse just saying it’s been received and getting processed. Starting to get a bit critical in terms of getting stuff booked for work.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Don’t know about international, but we got the wee ones passport within a week, back in november.

NZCol

I hear you, we sent our little ones in ages ago and its ‘processing’ as well !

mikewsmith
    Free Member

yeah, it’s becoming a pain as Indonesia won’t accept emergency travel docs, and you need a passport copy to get the visa/paperwork which takes a week so you can book the flights…

I’ll try calling them later on when they open, and HMRC to explain that I would like to stop filling in blank tax returns.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Mike, Good luck with HMRC. If you do manage it let me know how/who you spoke to.

leffeboy

It’s around 5 weeks. Just had to get an emergency passport for my daughter as her regular one hadn’t come back from being renewed (and it arrived two days later of course 🙁 ). I got the new one in Brussels and they said that whereas normally they would only do the occasional emergency one, at the moment they were doing a lot as there seems to be a backlog

Good luck getting it. I seem to remember there is a fast way to get your passport renewed if you pay and go down to London 🙁

mikewsmith
    Free Member

yep was considering the whistlestop trip to the passport office 48hrs of flying just to get to liverpool 🙁

leffeboy

Liverpool is in Indonesia? 😉
    It’s a real pain with the new system now as they say 4 weeks from when they get the passport and then it can be another week to get back. If you are travelling a lot it can be really difficult to get that size of window

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep, in Oz and the work trip is Indo and off into the non touristy bits so lots of paperwork and they are mighty pissed off with the rest of the world hence nothing other than a real passport.

I held off getting it updated as I was heading away a lot then lapsed over the 6months remaining line.

For the job thats on I was very close to coming back to get it done.

twohats
    Free Member

Mine took 3 weeks from them receiving it to get to processing. Its now been over 4 weeks processing.

scotroutes

I got mine back in about 10 days (a renewal). That was in early March though.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

having just come off the phone it’s 4 weeks minimum, probably 6 that might include sending it back which can take 10 days 🙁

trail_rat
    Free Member

I phoned glasgow yesterday …. Could have been on my way down there today today as they had appointments for the same day service.

Going on 6 th of may though ( my situation is more complex than most so i have to apply in person atm)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well finally after a week of chasing I now know my form is being processed and has been for the last week, call back next week if nothing changes…..

Positive news

uphillcursing – Member
    Mike, Good luck with HMRC. If you do manage it let me know how/who you spoke to.

Out of self assessment call 08459000444 and when you get to speak to someone tell them you don’t think you need to be self assesed. If you have no assets or income from the UK they seem to agree after 30 questions and submit the forms. It should take 4 weeks for a confirmation.

twohats
    Free Member

Mines now over 6 weeks processing…

trail_rat
    Free Member

Doesnt help but i went down yesterday 10 am to glasgow was out by 5 past 10 and 140 quid lighter.

Went back 13:45 and new passport ready.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

6 weeks and they looked at it yesterday…

wwaswas

I did the same in London last week trail_rat.

Spent the 4 hour wait wandering around the V&A and having lunch on the Kings Road.

It was on tube strike day and the whole experience was really quite civilized. Sorry OP.

Marmoset
    Free Member

Clearly busy then, ours took 3 weeks from posting to get back to us in Perth, that was 6 months ago.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Just done two kids renewals, they took 3 weeks. I did ring as I was getting nervous. That was a very painless experience guy was really helpful. However he did say that there has been some “issues” if you used the online system to fill in your details so we sent off hard copies instead.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep for all those smug gits going to the passport office that option is now out as I sent my passport to them. Now seems like I may have put the wrong words in the wrong box but it’s OK as they have sat on it for 6 weeks without looking at the dam thing anyway. I’ll be paying more for emergency docs to go on holiday and the work trip gets canned.

Doesnt help but i went down yesterday 10 am to glasgow was out by 5 past 10 and 140 quid lighter.

Yep I think I paid more than that for the normal service, somebody decided in January to close the overseas passport offices…..

NZCol

Indeed, we sent our daughters away at the end of March and it has to go to the UK as they shut the NZ office. Thankfully we didn;t send her NZ passport as she was coming to Oz with me and we needed it. Still processing after 7 weeks, we need it back in a few weeks as we’re moving back to the UK but no matter we’ll take her in on her NZ one and get the UK sent over when it arrives. Which is frankly retarded.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and the final update 8 weeks after they received it my new one has arrived but the old one hasn’t been returned. Maybe new policy.

Just need to get my visa’s swapped over now

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Anyone work for the passport office?’ is closed to new replies.