Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Anyone vinyl wrapped a bike?
  • petrieboy

Petrieboy v2.1 will be moving up to a Cnoc at Christmas so his Rothan will be redeployed to v2.2. It’s in really good condition but I’d like to change the colour anyway, but spending on a powdercoated which will hurt its value when I eventually sell it on seems silly.
    Vinyl wrap looks cheap and comes in coloured carbon effect which could look very cool, but not sure how easily it wraps round tube joints?

eBay link

I_Ache
    Free Member

There is a wrapped 5 on the dirt site at the moment.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Seen ‘t done for a laugh.

Joints, dropouts etc bound to be tricky.

petrieboy

The five looks great so it must be possible.

TooTall
    Free Member

http://foffabikes.com/products/369

It’s in really good condition but I’d like to change the colour anyway

No, dad. If you don’t want to spend the money on a spray because it ‘seems silly’, it seems silly to change the colour because you want to. IMHO of course.

petrieboy

There’s a bit of that – I’ve bought into the whole Islabikes thing anyway, but the main reason is if I don’t change it then v2.1 will know its “his” bike and wont want to use the new one because he’s a pest like that.

Original plan was to get a 2nd hand Cnoc and have both kids bikes and he SS I’m building powdered in matching “that blue” – fully admit that would have been STW Dad behaviour (only reason I’m not doing that is even tatty Cnocs seem to go for very close to retail.

coatesy
    Free Member

Simon at Loco just had his done by Max at MMD opposite his workshop, his was clear, but shows it can be done.

svalgis
    Free Member

I can imagine it being a proper nightmare to do it yourself. If you can find someone else that know what they’re doing, then it’s starting to get worth considering.

TooTall
    Free Member

wont want to use the new one because he’s a pest like that.

“Son. Bike or no bike, Your choice.”

My kid bro got over it. So did next door’s kids.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

link to the orange on dirt?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

cheers_drive

Not exactly wrapped but a friend had is Mojo covered in floated transfers in a white carbon effect.Looks really good and you have to look really hard to find the joins. There’s some complex compound curves on the frame so I haven’t got a clue how it works.

mmdworks
    Free Member

Petrieboy – it hurts to see people say vinyl wrap looks cheap but then again – you are looking for cheapest carbon sticker on eBay 🙁 we’ve done some bicycle wrapping for LOCO Tuning and wrap if done correctly will enhance and protect the frame. We can design printed wrap for you and laminate it in heavy duty laminate as used on all X Games bikes, moto cross bikes etc. But – when you say powder coating ain’t cheap – wrap may be more expensive! All the top bikers and all the F1 drivers helmets are wrapped – not painted any more 🙂 Check out our work at http://www.mmdworks.com or on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/mmdworks.co – we can help 🙂 and please – don’t buy this stuff from eBay. The glue on these vinyls is PERMANENT – when you try to remove it it will take the paint off your frame or if the glue isn’t good enough the vinyl will start to peel and look like… yeah, cheapo jobo 🙂 Thanks!

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Very interested in this. mmdworks how much, roughly, to get a road bike clear vinyl wrapped? Thanks.

mmdworks
    Free Member

all depends on the frame details and type of vinyl really – anything between £80 and £200

pebblebeach
    Free Member

okay, thanks for that.

AlexSimon

Liking this mmdworks:

This too:

munrobiker
    Free Member

I ride with the guy with the Slayer wrapped 5. It looks great in the flesh, dropouts and BB area left uncovered but generally a nice job. Apparently it doesn’t like having a headtube attached to it. I would be amazed if it were cheaper than powder coat mind.

munrobiker
    Free Member

*headbadge not headtube

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Anyone vinyl wrapped a bike?’ is closed to new replies.