Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • anyone venture out today, take any pics?
  • rOcKeTdOg

after nearly 3 days of torrential rain the sun came out, it was a little moist though

waterway by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

colours still glorious though

RD by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

wolf by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

Klunk
    Free Member

bit damp here

rOcKeTdOg

bump

scaredypants

went out on the road – even that was flooded. rode 1 ford, walked another and crossed a 50 yard-long lake on the road.

Wet feet 😥

nickc

my local is the chilterns. The horses do enough damage this time of year without me adding to it.

charliedontsurf

With all the rain I stayed out of the mud and went where I thought it would drain well…. The beach. One trail over the back of the dunes was deeper than a pugsley wheel is tall. Great fun.

This shot is low tide and always wet.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

No pics but went round the Kentmere area of the south lakes. Taking in garburn pass and sadgill. Had a comical otb moment crossing one of the streams on the three rivers decent. Good job it wasn’t in flood or I’d of got drenched. Oh wait, hang on….

theboatman
    Free Member

Local loop this morning, some sun and plenty of wind.

Some trails were a little damper than normal 🙂

footflaps

Think we got off quite lightly in East Anglia – a lot of wind, but not much rain and gloriously sunny today.

Anna-B
    Free Member

Did you carry on cycling boatman? (good name!) I had similar today, got a bit scared and turned back, not before all the grease had floated out of my hubs….so that’s them fecked! (again)

Anna-B
    Free Member
    smell_it
    Free Member

@anna b – yep, was only about a 150m stretch. It was rather exciting after i rode past the end of the little bridge i stopped on as the current picked up and the front wheel got bit of a wobble on. But by then i was half way across. Whilst sat on the bridge taking a few pics, i did look at my submerged bike and thought that sram bb will never see it through the winter. 😀

theboatman
    Free Member

Lol – answer as above annab – got my brother around, and responded without checking who was signed in.
    I’ve asked the mods to delete before I get lynched for any double log in shenanigans 😳

Anna-B
    Free Member

Was about to observe the double log in faux pas! 🙂 Braver than I then, I had to dis-mount and was then nearly up to my knees…that was cold – and then the problem of trapped water in waterproof shoes…!

yunki
    Free Member

gonna drop yunki Jr to pre-school, then I’m off for a bimble to survey the local damage..

We’re a bit west of the Exe, but the Bovey breached it’s banks and there will have been some land slips in the woods at Lustleigh

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

No riding yesterday but I went running for an hour. At the furthest point I jumped a puddle on a grassy stretch and found the far side to be slippy as anything very slippy. My feet slid out from under me and I came down flat on my back on very soggy grass.

smartay

Loving the idea of the Monday debrief, takes me back to when in school when the teacher said “draw a picture of what you did at the weekend” 😀

rOcKeTdOg

Except irts Tuesday 🙂

danielgroves
    Free Member

Well, my venture was wet to say the least.

Thats normally dry.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘anyone venture out today, take any pics?’ is closed to new replies.