Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone used a Burley Trailer for kids?
  • jamieandangela
    Free Member

I am thinking of gettting either the Burley Solo or the Burley D’Lite for our one year old daughter so we can get back to joint weekend biking. Has anyone got experience of either of these two trailers or indeed any of the other Burley trailers?

Any help or advice appreciated.

Happy New Year
    Jamie

Spud

We picked up a D’Lite off the classifieds about 18 months ago and our two love it. Our son was 6 months when he went in it and the same with our daughter last year. They are really well made and we’ve taken them all over in it. With two of them in it they lean on each other and just go to sleep generally but they can get a good look out of the windows if they like. If you went 2nd hand then I’d recommend the new standard hitch as we bought the QR hitch and it never really worked with all our bikes. The new one just goes behind the bikes QR. They fold up to around 4″ deep and are light too. Can thoroughly recommend them.

takisawa2

I think postierich uses the solo version for his little un’.
    I’m sure hes taken it around CyB.

Not sure if he’s on this new forum though.

ski
    Free Member

Had a Burley Bee for about 4 years now, started using mine when my little ones were old enough to hold their head, but I think Burley recommended at the time, 12 months.

Only slight snag I had was the bracket which fixes to your bike, had to be set correctly otherwise it used to rub the rear disk, I know they did other options which avoid this hitch, but once set it was not a problem.

[Slight post hack]

Has anyone found a decent helmet for kids to wear while in a buggy, most I have tried, because of the bulk at the rear of helmets, make it uncomfortable for little ones to use?

jamieandangela
    Free Member

Does wheel size make much of a difference? I ask because the solo is 16 inch whilst the D’lie is 20 inch.

aracer
    Free Member

Has anyone found a decent helmet for kids to wear while in a buggy, most I have tried, because of the bulk at the rear of helmets, make it uncomfortable for little ones to use?

What do you expect their head to hit when they’re secured by a 4 or 5 point harness inside a metal roll cage? Mine gets to have the wind in his hair – or wears a warm hat at this time of year (though has just been bought a helmet to go with his Rothan birthday present).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone used a Burley Trailer for kids?’ is closed to new replies.