Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Anyone tried Dr Michael Mosleys – Fast Diet
  • jj55

Is it a fad or does it work?

maxray
    Free Member

Nit sure it’s “his” diet as such but yes have been doing it for most of this year and have found it a really easy thing to adapt to long term.

flap_jack
    Free Member

Generally, you end up eating less so it works. As would any other plan where you eat less. It is supposed to be easier to stick with though, which is the important bit.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    theotherjonv

Yes. Comes up fairly frequently on here, and is quite polarising. And tbh, I can’t be added to have the same arguments again with the same people. But if you google search (the forum search is very flaky) for my login and 5:2 the old threads were quite informative among the bickering.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Yes. It fits in with the calories in vs calories out so it works. The wife and I have found it fairly easy to stick to so it continues to work.

jj55

been away from here for some time now so have missed all the previous posts. glad to see see bickering is still prevalent 😉

jj55

Thanks , I’ve’ve just gotta do something soon or I’m’m going to explode.

Now …. where is the website for finding my riding mojo again

Onzadog
    Free Member

Play around with it. I found it worked best for me to eat nothing until the evening meal. Some people like to spead their 600 calories out. I found that breakfast makes me hungry. You do learn an awful lot about your relationship with food as well.

theotherjonv

I also started 5:2 after 6 or so weeks on a proper calories controlled diet. Which worked, but I found very hard to stick with particularly with work travel and client dinners, etc. But in those 6 weeks I learned a lot about calorific content of food, I learnt a lot about what fills you up for longer, etc. All of which are important on 5:2 in my opinion, because 5:2 allows you to eat ‘normally’ for 5 days and you have to know what a normal 2400 calories is like. It doesn’t allow you to go mental on cakes and pies for 5 days and think the 2 is magic and will fix it all.

Edric64
    Free Member

Eat less and ride more has enabled me to go from 15st 10 to 14 st 1 since Oct 23rd .I fly up hills now!

trailmonkey

i tried it. fast days were beyond appalling.non fast days were days of over eating to compensate.

put weight on.

Edric64
    Free Member

Three meals a day has been fine skipping meals doesnt work .Porridge or toast for breakfast .A simple sandwich like chicken at lunch ,no crisps or other crap and a moderate meal with pasta or rice at night is working and lots of chicken and fish .Next to no booze is grim but im hoping to make my early 30s race weight of 13st 4 by my 50s in February.No more moobs!.Trouble is all my clothes now fit like loose sacks.

andytherocketeer

There are other diets.

Every time I tried to comment as such I was flamed for being anti-5:2 or anti-fast diet.

It obviously works for some, but doesn’t work for others. And there is nothing scientific about the TV show, other than the guy who did it has a Dr. prefix to his name.

The other “popular” diet that was on here, that also caused polarised views, makes more sense imho – Just eat sensibly and exercise sensibly, and make sure you fuel muscles for that exercise.

theotherjonv

skipping meals doesnt work

Clearly not, as the 2.5 stone I lost in 8 months (healthy rate of 1lb per week average) and have kept off since is obviously a figment of my imagination.

It doesn’t work for some, for others it works fantastically. It works far better for me than calorie counting and being hungry every day. And I don’t have to stay off the booze if I don’t want which isn’t at all grim.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Anyone tried Dr Michael Mosleys – Fast Diet’ is closed to new replies.