Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Anyone sent the brakes back to Hope?
  • Teetosugars
    Free Member

Got some 2008 Nono M4s that need some TLC..

So, is it worth sending them back to hope, for a service, or would you just bleed them etc yerself?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

a mate did, full bleed and pads plus replacement hose £35

richmtb

Hope servicing is really good value and they turn them around in about a week.

If its a simple bleed then do it yourself, if its perished seal, sticky pistons then its probably worth getting Hope to do it.

khani
    Free Member

I sent a moto v2 back with a Broken bite adjust coller and a rounded out reach adjust grubscrew that was well out of warranty, fixed foc and returned in two days, can’t fault them.

fattatlasses
    Free Member

I’ve had plenty of practice of rebuilding/servicing brakes, so normally service ’em myself. However, due to lack of time, I sent a 2005 Mini back to Hope a couple of years back for rebuild, and was very happy with the result. FWIR, they replaced the pistons, all seals in caliper and lever, bushes in lever, fitted a new hose and pads, then tested the brake – think they charged £35 to £40 inc post.

PJM1974
    Free Member

If it’s a simple bleed then you should be more than capable of doing the job at home. Hope brakes are a doddle to bleed IME.

I did manage to break a seal on the master cylinder of my M4s and had to send one back for a service. It didn’t cost the Earth and the brake felt great when it was returned to me with new pads and a fresh filling of DOT5

highlandman
    Free Member

I’ve recently had a set of 2002 Minis re-done for the second time. They have been hard used from new, bled at home a couple more times and came back from Hope essentially brand new with all moving parts changed, five days after I sent them off. As requested, they altered the old 90 degree banjo hose fit at the caliper to an in-line fit, allowing the hose to route better on the frame, all part of the service.
    Great service and a good reason to keep buying Hope brakes in preference to some other brands. They may not be the ultimately pimpest or most powerful but are easy to service at home and the factory re-builds are great value.

Leku
    Free Member

They rebuilt my 7 year old Mono Minis. Lots of random new bits and now better than new.

Recommended.

lowey

Used to get them to service my brakes regular Nick. They do a first class job, new seals, screws, pistons pads, they even replaced my hoses for the standard servicing price. They come back “as new”. I think they charge about £45 for M4’s.

Well worth the money.

nbt

As above, a simple bleed is a pretty easy DIY job, but Hope’s service is excellent (even if I didn;t get mine done FOC , Grrrr 👿 )

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Great Stuff!

Cheers All.

Will be packing them up after the weekends ride… 🙂

professorfaceplant
    Free Member

try Youtube, plenty of really detailed instructions from Hope and really easy to do – best thing about Hopes is everything is replacable individualy

bonj
    Free Member

I tried to bleed mine but couldn’t do the front one so sent it back. With no word of a lie i posted it special delivery on a monday and it was back the wednesday morning the SAME week. It turns out they’d just taken the pistons out and relubed them and that had sorted it.

khani
    Free Member

They may not be the ultimately pimpest or most powerful but are easy to service at home and the factory re-builds are great value

This ^
    Still see hope brakes that are ten years old and working fine
    Yet to see any avids get past their third birthday…

votchy
    Free Member

Sent my V2’s back 3 years ago with a problem and asked if they could fit a new braided hose to the rear, they came back with the updated calipers, new braided hose on the rear, new pads, fully serviced and bled for the princely sum of……….£0. The brakes were sent on the Thurs prior to a bank holiday weekend and they were returned on the Tuesday. Awesome service and the brakes have been faultless since, just change the fluid every 12 months for piece of mind.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Anyone sent the brakes back to Hope?’ is closed to new replies.