Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone running a Cannondate RZ with 1 1/8" forks?
  • GregB
    Free Member

As in title – if so, what headset are you using? (If anyone has had the same issue on a different bike then please let me know)

I’ve recently bought a RZ frame – it has a 1.5″ steerer and a 1.5″ integrated headset – but I want to use a set of 1 1/8″ forks. I’m not sure what sort of headset reducer this will need – and my local bike shop tell me they’re not sure if the part exists and so they don’t know this can be done at all! They told me that the problem is because it is an integrated headset and so a ‘standard’ 1.5″ to 1 1/8″ reducer headset won’t work.

Anyone had the same issue and what did you do?

Thanks

andywill

I have a rush which has a 1.5″ head tube & I am using a hope headset to reduce it down to 1 1/8. It’s called a 1.5 stepdown.
    Andy

GregB
    Free Member

Thanks Andy.

Does your Rush have a headtube designed for integrated headsets? The only integrated headset I could see on Hope’s website was for 1 1/8″ frames (rather than 1.5″ to 1 1/8″ reducer) – although I could have missed something… (The Hope 1.5 stepdown looked to be for frames that didn’t take integrated headsets – but again I could be wrong.)

andywill

I don’t know to be honest. Sorry I can’t be of more help but I don’t know what was fitted originaly.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Here we go, this pops up from time to time…

Right. The internal diameter of the Cannondale headtube is 49.57mm. This is the same as a ‘normal’ Onepointfive headset, although I understand there is an ‘integrated’ Onepointfive standard which is 55.9mm diameter don’t worry about that.

The Hope 1.5- 1 1/8″ Step Down headset is perfect to run a 1 1/8″ fork in a Cannondale frame. I am converting my ‘Dale to a Reba fork soon, and will be buying the Hope headset. Hope themselves have confirmed this headset is fine for this application. There are other headsets from other manufacturers which do the same job.

nuke

Does your frame use an integrated headset though Fred? I don’t know if it makes a difference but the old Rush/Prophets didn’t use integrated headsets but internal or conventional headsets?

paul4stones

Here it says “not a Cannondale”

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ignore that. Hope say it’s fine. 

My ‘Dale uses the same headtube as current ones what take a Lefty or Headshock fork. Which is the 49.57mm diameter.

GregB
    Free Member

Nice one – thanks chaps – looks as if the Hope is what I need. Ta

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone running a Cannondate RZ with 1 1/8" forks?’ is closed to new replies.