Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • anyone running 2.3 tyres on Mavic xm819 ust?
  • Reign_Man
    Free Member

Whats the tyre profile like? is the rim a little too narrow for 2.3’s or is it OK?

WackoAK
    Free Member

I’m running 2.35 LUST High Rollers and it’s perfectly fine, the mavic site states it’s for up to a 2.3 tyre. I also know people who are running 2.5’s with no issues.

poppa
    Free Member

I asked similar questions, was wondering whether to get XM717’s or XM719’s. Mavic say the XM719’s are suited for use with 2.3’s so no worries there. A good few people said they used 2.3’s on 17mm rims!

scruff
    Free Member

2.35 Bontys on my 819s, quite big 2.35s aswell, I have no eye deer how this effects the profile.

poppa
    Free Member

I believe that bigger rims will give (slightly) more volume to a tyre, and a flatter profile. Smaller rims will give a rounder profile, so the ‘corners’ won’t stick in as much, e.g when leaning over or on off-camber stuff. That’s the theory at least.

Reign_Man
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies, currently running d3.1 ust and wanted someting a bit lighter, so going to get a set of 819’s with pro 2 front and rear built up.

Kit
    Free Member

Maxxis High Roller 2.35’s on a 717 rim here – still very square profile, and no squirming (that I’ve noticed from 1 ride!), so you should be fine.

Have run 2.3 Conti Gravity’s before too.

nickc

Blimey, I’ve got Mountain King 2.4 on a X717, and didn’t give it a moment’s thought. I’d have no worries at all putting a 2.3 on a 819 rim.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

I had 2.4 mk’s on mine, and they felt a little squirmy, but i did run quite low pressure. They’ll be reet im sure.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘anyone running 2.3 tyres on Mavic xm819 ust?’ is closed to new replies.