Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • anyone riden/owned a Suzuki SV1000N ?
  • slimjim78
    Free Member

The unfaired version specifically?

I’ve a very itchy trigger finger and resisting the urge to win one on ePay…having never sat on one.. (i know, stoopid is/stoopid does etc)

Im 6ft 1″ (with shortish legs) and i’ve read the odd comment that a Suzuki SV may be a bit cramped for anyone over 6ft, but that may have been a 650cc version, im not sure if the 1000cc comes in slightly larger.

Has anyone any experience of ownership or riding, particularly any taller riders?

LoCo
    Free Member

Mate had one for a bit, same height as you, having ridden sports bikes he found it a bit heavy to chuck about and reckoned it was a bit slow, although no modern 1000cc can be considered slow IMO.

slimjim78
    Free Member

thats fine, im not worried about it being ballistic, just fancy some nice low down torque and the v-twin noise..

turboferret

Different bike I’ll admit, but the SV1000 probably shares a lot of DNA with its predecessor, the TL1000S

This was my happy weapon for a few years, fantastic bit of kit

Certainly couldn’t be considered slow, although I never rode it back to back with anything ‘fast’ either. Comfortable enough for touring to Italy and back.

Cheers, Rich

cupra
    Free Member

I owned one for 4 years, sold it in March, great engine (altho’ detuned from the TL) dependable handling and great fun, a good way to keep a licence as well being unfaired, but, at 5’10” I found the leg position cramped and the seat was the most uncomfortable I have sat on ever on a motorbike. 60 mins and I was in agony. Limited seat replacement choice as well. The seat is really low as well which add to the cramped feel. The RSV1000R that replaced it is way comfier!

any excuse!

slimjim78
    Free Member

im going to have to go and sit on one first at least..

thanks chaps.

it may be a bit cramped for me, but may also be worth a shot

slimjim78
    Free Member

so, now i own an sv1000…

anagallis_arvensis

picture?

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

http://www.sv650.org is your friend for help and advice – friendly bunch too,albeit half of them own triumphs thesedays!

turboferret

That’s what we like to hear, well done slimjim, no messing about for months deliberating 🙂

Hope you enjoy it!

Cheers, Rich

Northwind

Jujuuk68 – Member

http://www.sv650.org is your friend for help and advice – friendly bunch too,albeit half of them own triumphs thesedays!

The other half seem to have given up on engines and taken up pushbikes 🙂

slimjim78
    Free Member

Here you go chaps, 120 miles later:

I knew within two minutes of riding it that i’d made the exact right decision. The mid range stomp is exactly what wanted, stonking. And for the style of riding I prefer, the seating position is great. The wide raised handlebars also provide loads of leverage so I actually find flicking the bike around a doddle.
    And then there’s the sound…. oh boy.

Lots of vibration from the twin and tingling hands after a long run though!

The bike is mint and pretty much totally standard and previously owned by a mature rider. Im almost certain ill make a profit on it after running it for a year or two, so what’s not to like?!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘anyone riden/owned a Suzuki SV1000N ?’ is closed to new replies.