Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • anyone put weight on over Xmas/new year?
  • rOcKeTdOg

just weighed myself and i’ve lost 1/2lb! 5 rides in 8 days and 4 mile a day walk to the train because of the snow to get to work have paid off!

i deserve some dairy milk for that i think 🙂

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Bound to have through relative inactivity (snow and ice and latterly manflu has curtailed riding plans) and overeating. January fast coming up. Damn, it is January…. 😐

_tom_
    Free Member

Nope managed to stay roughly the same weight, may have even lost a bit somehow.

glenncampbell

Have put on a stone since 26th November – ruptured achilles tendon hasn’t helped. 🙁

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I reckon I’m the fattest I’ve been for 10 years at the moment, although the damage was done in the couple of months before Xmas with a combination of bike theft, running injury and then icy roads.

speaker2animals

fantastic, might have been miserable as I believe that I have ACTUALLY had proper flu, or something very similar. So I have actually come out in 2011 nice and light (well lighter). The plan now is to build on this weight loss (well actually the opposite of build).

willej

Yup, trapped nerve + Christmas gluttony = a whole stone :o(

Drank, ate and not excercised – not put a pound on.

Jamie
    Free Member

In 6 weeks I went from 150lbs to 168lbs. I am kinda proud, but it wasn’t just Christmas. Had a week eating mostly pastry and cheese in Greece at the end of November.

Gives me something to focus on for the next 2 months in shifting it.

Mantastic
    Free Member

3/4 of a stone on here. No excuse just ate and drank too much.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0aIqx1McVI[/video]

HTH 😀

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

I don’t know, and, tbh, don’t care – it’s a good position to be in 🙂

IanMunro
    Free Member

About a kilo.
    Off to have some toast slathered in butter to console myself 🙂

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I’m as buff as ever

epicyclo

rOcKeTdOg – Member
    just weighed myself and i’ve lost 1/2lb!…

Good news! I have found it, and a few more. 🙂

tazzymtb

put weight on before christmas through too much work not enough play then ate lots of yummy things, quick blast of the fatkins diet and I’m back to 70kg which will do nicely as fat boy winter layer until I get lean again 😀

Coyote
    Free Member

About a stone or a little more. Ho hum, glass of red and a bit of Shropshire Blue before getting back in the groove tomorrow.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I’ll let u know in the morming when I try my work trousers on. 😕

psling
    Free Member

Mantastic – Member
    3/4 of a stone on here. No excuse just ate and drank too much.

+1

no excuses, just over-indulged 😳

chiefgrooveguru

About 8lbs…

…of plaster around my right leg.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

4 lbs for me. Gone from 12st 10lbs to 13st.

john_drummer
    Free Member

thankfully, and surprisingly, no.

haven’t eaten much compared with usual intake, considering it has been xmas, haven’t indulged any extra booze, but also have done bugger all exercise. I think I’ve lost 2lbs since I last got on the scales mid December, but still a loooong way to go

rOcKeTdOg

summer is coming though, less pies mean more miles

trio25
    Free Member

Yes, hoping that riding more will sort it out.

rkk01
    Free Member

About a stone here as well 🙁

No riding in Nov and dec – flu, weather, work and visitng relatives (eating & drinking too much) over Christmas / New Year.

Shocking. I normally ride throughout the winter, but it has fallen apart this year

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I dont know for sure. Probably not though cos Im not greedy and dont sit indoors all day stuffing my face with chocolate, I go out and ride my bike because thats what I enjoy doing.

philconsequence
    Free Member

2-4lbs roughly, back to the gym tonight… back on the diet after holiday next week. still i’m a stone lighter than i was 2-3 months ago so not too depressed 🙂

marsdenman
    Free Member

same as I was – helped by having the best part of 2 days in bed ill and not actually eating / drinking any much more than normal.
    (As ever) dietary habits are to be changed and exercise increased, starting about now….
    Target 1 – lose 10lb = ‘just’ 15 stone to carry around…

finbar
    Free Member

I’m going to find out when i go to the gym this evening… guessing about 2 kg

KT1973
    Free Member

I need to lose 8kg. 😥

cp

another one loosing weight here. properly flu’d up over xmas meant calorie intake was diddly squat for about 3 days, and much reduced for the rest of the week after that. Working on making up for it now. Would rather have put weight on!

DaRC_L

I barely rode in Dec due to snow, bike builds and colds/lethargy, I don’t weigh myself but the jump-up-n-down test doesn’t look good there’s definitely more to wobble 🙁

Junkyard
    Free Member

lost a pound

willard

Thanks to 10 days snowboarding in Canada (was supposed to be 11, but LGW messed up and delayed us for 24 hours) and 48 hour bug, I have lost weight. Got to love being ill in strange countries…

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

yes, i reckon about a stone but like my bank balance i’m too scared to have a look right now.

started in earnest yesterday sorting myself out; back to decent food (completly cutting out dairy (bar skimmed milk in coffee), bread et al), sensible portions, turbotraining sessions and the real kicker no booze during the week (the hardest aspect for me by far).

consequently i’m a grumpy as sh$t and snapping at anyone in sight! : (

neil853
    Free Member

half a stone, bad weather plus a dose of a bad cold meant no riding for two weeks. Rode at the weekend and it felt like someone was squeezing my chest the whole way round, looking forward to getting into the routine of cycling to work to get some fitness back 🙄

mogrim

3kg, tendonitis and over-indulging are to blame.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘anyone put weight on over Xmas/new year?’ is closed to new replies.