• This topic has 26 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Del.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Anyone on here properly inspect their poo?
  • slowoldman

I know I do. I think it stems from childhood trips to Germany. Oma had a revolting outdoor chemical toilet which stank. She grew great asparagus though.

But it was “proper” toilets over there which I liked. They had (still have) a shelf the poo collects on so you can’t avoid giving it a good hard looking at whilst wiping.

Anyway, despite the gastronomic and beverage excesses of the season mine looks remarkably healthy today. Perky, one might say.

choppersquad
    Free Member

What is it with all these poo/fart threads?
    Next it’ll be ‘who drinks their own urine’?
    Get a grip people.

thejesmonddingo

Do you mean this a medical assessment ? Or do you mean get your hands in,and assess it for consistency,texure and taste?

Drac

shifter
    Free Member

Saints alive, those German loos don’t half stink.

sbob
    Free Member

A quick glance to check there isn’t too much blood is all that’s necessary IMHO.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Wait until you get to 60..you will have the pleasure of swabbing your poo and sending it away for analysis ( 3 separate swabs ).. on a card with ‘windows’and fold down tabs ..then off in the post!
    This is to check for bowel cancer ..
    I’ve also had the internal inspection at the doctors after spotting small traces of blood on one occasion..if you don’t know what that entails then I will leave it as a nice surprise in case you ever need to be checked.. 8) 😆

giantalkali
    Free Member

That poo swab you did was almost certainly a foecal occult blood test, it just shows whether there blood in your poo, there very often is.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

a shelf the poo collects on

The Jobby Lobby.

maccruiskeen

if you don’t know what that entails

I can’t quite put my finger on it.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

That poo swab post thing saved my step mother after her GP told her she was too young to have bowel cancer and that she had developed IBS. About a week after posting (she nearly didn’t bother) she got a phone call saying she should attend hospital ASAP. Turns out she’d got bowel cancer at the end of the colon men usually get it at (apparently women tend to get it in another spot). She ended up with a piece of bowel removed and regular scans (which so far after two years are still clear).

mattyfez

My poo today definitely indicated an issue.

It spoke to me and it said ‘don’t drink loads of beer and eat a kebab followed by the leftovers from the cheese board’.

Wise words.

doomanic

Thankfully, my dad does. As a result he only needed keyhole surgery and minimal chemo before getting the all clear from bowel cancer.

mattyfez

On a more serious note, yes, blood, particularly darker clotted blood is a sign of bad things.

deadkenny
    Free Member

I give it a quick glance for anything out of the ordinary. Darker ones especially, which is tricky if I’ve been on the red vino quite a bit 😀

Providing a sample in a tube is not much fun. Suggested method was to take a dump on cling film over the toilet and scoop a bit of that up. It looked okay, and heard nothing back. I did ring to ask for the results (with a bunch of blood tests as well) and was told grumpily that they won’t give them / don’t have them, unless there was a concern.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Eat roasted chilli & garlic beetroot, then report back 😆

csb

This thread is useless, but more approachable, without pics.

slowoldman

Wait until you get to 60..you will have the pleasure of swabbing your poo and sending it away for analysis ( 3 separate swabs ).. on a card with ‘windows’and fold down tabs ..then off in the post!
    This is to check for bowel cancer ..

I’m 64 so yes, I’m fully aware of the test.

I’ve also had the internal inspection at the doctors after spotting small traces of blood on one occasion..if you don’t know what that entails then I will leave it as a nice surprise in case you ever need to be checked..

Had this too, good old Picolax.

This thread is useless, but more approachable, without pics.

HA! That’s the response I was expecting.

martinhutch

Eating lots of Oreos gave me a 12 hour mild panic in anticipation of the finger/snake of doom.

jimmy

you can’t avoid giving it a good hard looking at whilst wiping

Umm. Ehhhh… I don’t want to ask.

tjagain

Seeing as Drac beat me to that version of the bristol stool chart here is another 🙂

drnosh
    Free Member

Yes, continuously.

12 year survivor of bowel cancer….radiotherapy, surgery, chemotherapy.

18 months off work!!!!

Now, I’m fitter and cycling more than before, just have it in my head that I need to keep proving myself to myself.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I have a good look but to be honest I’m only really interested in volume.

Which I check by eye rather than by instrument, although if I remember I’ll weigh myself before and after to calculate the weight.

frankconway

Yes, always.
    Colonoscopy x 3; endoscopy x 1; THD x 1 (trans-anal haemorrhoidal de-arterialisation) plus other ‘procedures’.
    Smell, consistency, shape, size; stickability to side of the pan.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

often. But mine are more about flushability…if its more than 5 its winner winner..

alpin
    Free Member

I’ve a proper German loo with viewing platform. Just the other week I WhatsApp’d a picture of my poo to friends….

Today I experienced just about every poo on the stool chart. Things started off well but deteriorated throughout the day.

Del

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Anyone on here properly inspect their poo?’ is closed to new replies.