Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • anyone on here Not voting?
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I would like to vote, but not one of them has done/said anything that makes me want to vote for them, and recent history doesnt give you confidence to vote.

If nothing else this thread has made me think about just turning up and writing on the ballot paper, that none of the above are worth voting for…

ohnohesback
    Free Member

It won’t matter; Lizard Woman will have the final say…

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/queen-palace-coup-miliband-snp-cameron-huitson-345

tomhoward

camo16
    Free Member

Ah I see – it’s like that is it?

Well, here’s my riposte:

EDIT: Actually, I do understand your point, but saying the UK people who died fighting fascism died ‘for our right to vote’ is a bit like saying the sailors who died on Walter Raleigh’s ship died for our right to eat potatoes.

hammyuk
    Free Member

No – quite simply until they make the party election manifesto a legal document that the scum buckets are bound to honour then I will never vote.

Northwind

Pickers – Member

I do, however, think there should be a “none of the above” box. There needs to be a clear difference between “I’m deliberately abstaining” and “I can’t be arsed to turn up” otherwise we’re all lumped into the latter

The other thing we should do, is find everyone in authority and everyone in the media who keeps repeating the lie that abstaining is lazy, and throw them in the sea. Very intentional, this, turning an expression of dissatisfaction into something contemptible.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Spoilt papers are counted and form part of the result. If everyone’s papers were spoilt, that would be quite a strong message.

If you want to vote against the current system, spoil your paper.

Our forefathers … I think they were fighting for our right not to vote if we don’t to, as much as our right to vote. (Totalitarian states have elections, too, in which people are forced to vote even if there is no real choice.)

Vote for what you believe in.

I like Green policies, so that’s who I’ll vote for.

maxtorque

I’m to going to vote because i don’t think there is any real difference between any of the parties.

This is because our (capitalist) world is now dominated by money, not politics. The parties might like to say “we going to cut tax and spend more on x,y, or z” but in reality, none of them are going to do anything very different as they all need to balance the books one way or another.

Sure, you might get some small subtle differences, that might affect you, such as free child care or whatever, but ultimately, it costs “X” to run our country, so tax payers will have to be taxed “X” as well. What is given with one hand is taken by the other.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘anyone on here Not voting?’ is closed to new replies.