Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone on here live in Reading?
  • pete68
    Free Member

Going to the Hexagon on Thursday. Can anyone recommend anywhere nearby for a pint beforehand. Also is there a decent Indian restaurant in walking distance. I only live near Newbury but haven’t been to Reading centre for years.cheers.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Curry:
    Spice Oven in Caversham
    Royal Tandori opposite Jacksons
    Everest 65 on Kings Road.

Pint:
    Hobgoblin (or whatever it’s called, the wytchwood brewery pub)
    Zero Degrese (not sure, but I think the beers gone downhill, unless I just went on a bad night).

pete68
    Free Member

Cheers for that, I’ll have a check to see where’s closest.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mrblobby
    Free Member

Not been for ages but use to like the Khukuri on London Street, pretty close to the Hexagon.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I don’t think people ‘live’ in Reading, they merely exist. It is like Slough without the charisma

anagallis_arvensis

Best beer is at the Nags Head on Russel Street, theres a Dosa Indian place right next to Hexagin which is very good but always empty. Standard Tandori is good too.

fourbanger
    Free Member

Not now but in the past. Chenhai Dosa if you like south indian on the traditional side. Cheap as well.

rj2dj
    Free Member

Zero Degrees has a happy hour 4-7, with pints of pilsner (and others) at £2.50 – does decent pizzas too.

I’m not convinced by Royal Tandoori personally, was very quiet when we were in there and was of average quality (food and service). Not had an amazing curry in Reading so not going to recommend anywhere on that front.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone on here live in Reading?’ is closed to new replies.