Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 252 total)
  • Anyone just given up on finding love?
  • Houns

Because I’m really considering it.

Thing is, all I’ve ever wanted in life is to be in love and get married. Job, money, possessions don’t really bother me, just wanted to meet the ‘one’

I’m 35 now and fed up of meeting wrong women, fed up when meeting the right women that I usually end up broken hearted. Really just sick of it now and wondering why I put myself through it. Just want to share my life with someone.

I’ve heard all the platitudes, so please don’t post any. Have any of you chosen to become a confirmed bachelor? (No, not a ‘confirmed bachelor’!)

Sad thing is, if I go down this route then I don’t have any dreams in life 😐

(This isn’t meant as a pity me thread or a disguised fishing thread! Feel free to take the piss as I’m sure you will!)

Think I’ll open up a cat foster home and quietly go bonkers by myself

dannybgoode

I gave up when I met Mrs Danny. I got to know her a bit and thought that’s as close as I’m going to get – she’ll have to do…

Houns

I do think my standards are high, I just don’t want to make do (no offence like)

dannybgoode

Its not me who will be offended – it’ll be Mrs Danny if she ever reads this!

tomhoward

I know what you mean, think I might be going down that road myself, having missed an opportunity 7/8 years ago, and taking a (proverbial) kick in the plums a couple of years ago. Im 28 now.

I’m trying to stay positive, you never know when Ms Right might just appear from nowhere.

dannybgoode

Being serious – I was in a similar position before I met Mrs D, I really was although I never even got as far as meeting any that were remotely interested in me.

I met Mrs D completely by chance, in a night club when considerably worse for wear and we’ve been together nearly 12 years now so it can happen…

Cheers

Danny B

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

when you are single you dream of a relationship, when you are in a relationship you dream of being single.

camo16
    Free Member

Doesn’t really matter if you’ve given up on it or not. Either you’ll meet some foxy babe who gets your awesome coolness and rad MTB moves or you won’t… I reckon you will. 😉

And when you do meet this babe, try not to be all miserable and wan – don’t tell her you’re ‘off the market’ and get into that whole enigma thing. Just switch back into Love Gear IV and schmmove her, dude.

This might be good advice.

flowerpower
    Free Member

Ha… am wondering about it just now 😕

But in a few months time, I’ll be right as rain again, enjoying life and then I guess I’ll give it just one more go… (and I’ve got a few years head start on you).

Maybe you should give up – that when everyone tells me it happens 🙂

EDIT – just remember there are some of us birds out there still, who are in the same boat. I don’t have two heads, can ride a bike, hold a conversation and rarely dribble – just haven’t met the right guy yet.

bails

I don’t think there is a “the one”. If there was then what are the odds, out of the 3.5 billion women on the planet, of you meeting her at such a time and place that you’re able to realise that she is “the one”, and that you’re also “the one” for her?

Have you made it into such a big thing that you’ve then made it impossible for anyone to live up to it?

Houns

Ha!

28 is still v young, you’ll be fine

wrightyson
    Free Member

Go on plenty of fish website, mates just split up with his mrs, its free apparently and he’s having many a good night thanks to that site.
    Sure it’ll help refocus your mind…

wwaswas

I saw a tweet the other day along the lines of;

“If you never seem to meet the right woman then drop your standards. A lot”

No idea if it’s relevant in the OP’s case, of course.

wors

Love finds you when you’re not looking, so stop looking, load up a bike full of kit and ride around some far flung country, just not Thailand, unless you want that kind of love 😀

Houns

Bails, possibly, but have met women who have. They just then **** off to someone else leaving me feeling crap

tomhoward

Bails, Tim Minchin fan?

badnewz
    Free Member

Badnewz is pretty much a lifelong bachelor now – I was never bothered about having kids but it would be nice to have a stable, attractive lass to share life with. If I was to put more effort into it I’d get a foreign lass – your money goes further abroad, but you have to be prepared to constantly admit that their country is better than Britain. And no country is better than Britain! Grrr….

spchantler
    Free Member

mdma ftw

Houns

wrightyson, already there and been for sometime, think its not helping

Wors, no, not my thing, though may try Scandinavia

wwaswas, fear I may have to

avdave2

For Danny

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=KynIKjRwqDI[/video]

Houns

Badnewz……. You’re on to something, time to check the Russian brides out

badllama
    Free Member

I was just about to say go here http://www.pof.com/

Been beaten too it 😀

Reality check # (1) No one on the planet will be “perfect” in every way life an’t like that so once you have swallowed that one down read this

Reality check # (2) Your not perfect either. 😀

Personal experience says if you go out not looking for it you will find it. If you go out looking for it you will never find it.

Mix with new people do new things see what happens. 🙂

rogerthecat
    Free Member

@Houns – no luck with women? There is another option, you never know! 😉

(that’s a cheeky “this is a joke” wink and not one that implies anything other than a blokey bonhomie)

fadda

Ha!

28 is still v young, you’ll be fine

Houns – 35 is still very young, too!

I’m 48, and haven’t given up yet. But “actively looking” is, I think, always doomed, for all sorts of reasons.

Mostly, I believe that you need to get happy on your own, then there’s a better chance of someone finding you attractive (and then it’s over to you!). If no-one does come along, then you’ve found out how to be happy on your own, so it’s all good…

uwe-r
    Free Member

Go on plenty of fish website, mates just split up with his mrs, its free apparently and he’s having many a good night thanks to that site.
    Sure it’ll help refocus your mind…

I have a mate who recently did this. From my limited understanding the girls on there are not keepers!

badnewz
    Free Member

I’ve been out with a Pole, an Italian (long term – Italian women complain like crazy), a Peruvian, a Taffy, South African, Japanese, the list goes on…my favourite was the Pole as she was hot and traditional, but also a bit of a slag so marrying her would have been a nightmare unless you’re into wife sharing.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Thought the same as you Houns.

Make sure you’re happy with yourself first. Sort that out!

Don’t give up. Change strategy.

She’s out there somewhere. Don’t look too hard.

Never used a dating site myself. But friends go on plenty of fish to meet mingers for a quick fling. Don’t date women in nightclubs either.

Houns

Agreed, Italian women are nuts, I did date a lovely Ukrainian girl once.

Many a true word said above, agree I’m not the perfect catch, I’m far from it, and yes need to work on own happiness (but the only thing that would make me happy is to be in love)

tomhoward

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAaUnmEdh2A[/video]

rogerthecat
    Free Member

You could give this a go: http://www.cyclingsingles.com/

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Houns – Member

No one else going to suggest meeting girls at the gym?

Houns

Ah roger, if you ever change your mind…..

tomhoward

Hang out with Ski for a bit?

badnewz
    Free Member

(but the only thing that would make me happy is to be in love)

I’d be careful with that – I’ve known enough people who are head over heels and then six months later hate each other with a passion.

If you can find happiness on your ownesome then you will probably find the birds flock to your tree more – confidence is the thing they find most attractive, with a bit of mystery at the beginning to get them interested.

Houns

Hmm good point, I ‘do’ need to join a gym

badllama
    Free Member

Yup Poles are VERY out going IMO as well, Taffs are mad a foook (the South Wales ones I had fun with anyway, Ausies are good fun ( communte was a killer though) 😀

badnewz in my experience all women complain eventually depending on the time you have with them it’s whether you can put up with it defines whether they stay or go 😀

wwaswas

No one else going to suggest meeting girls at the gym?

*does the ‘reverse whistle that’s a bit close to the mark’ thing*

Houns

I may just start giving myself some love right now

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

*does the ‘reverse whistle that’s a bit close to the mark’ thing*

I dunno, I went traveling shortly after the thread started, did it end well?

allthegear
    Free Member

Ha! You think you lot have it difficult? Just get out and meet people – if it’s going to happen, it will..

(I keep telling myself)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 252 total)

The topic ‘Anyone just given up on finding love?’ is closed to new replies.