• This topic has 39 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Anyone here used 'We buy any car'?
  • tiger_roach
    Free Member

Just wondering as see their ads on TV and guess they're a big operation; I assume easy to sell to them but get a low price?

david_r
    Free Member

I looked at getting rid of a car with them. I did some research on t'internet and it seems their approach is to offer you a price on their website then when you get there, they seriously knock the offer price down.

The engine had blown up on mine so it would of meant towing it there. I sold the car in the end on eBay for twice as much as WBAC were offering.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

My brother had a w reg polo that failed mot, they offered him £30 only needed £230 and he put it back on road and sold it for nearly £1k I think

So i don't have high hopes for them,

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Mate flogged his Astra to them, he got pennies for it but he was desperate.

tiger_roach
    Free Member

Mine's been keyed pretty much all around so am unsure how easy to sell – 2001 1.7 Puma with £70k, no problems otherwise though scruffy inside. Price I got from the site without the scratches was £950 and with £520 then they charge you £50 as well. Maybe I should just try my luck on Ebay.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I think they are mainly after scrap.

nickjb
    Free Member

ebay is good for getting reasonable money for cheap cars IME

Cougar

WBAC's adverts are so bloody annoying that I wouldn't give them my custom whilst I've got a hole in my arse. See also, Coldseal Windows, GoCompare, Safestyle UK, and anything that involves pooing at Paul's.

timraven

I think ebay's your best bet, they are essentially middle men making a cut out of desperate or gullible people IMHO.

ken_shields
    Free Member

Tiger Roach

Try the Puma Owners club. I sold my GF's 1.7 Puma with a fubared engine very easily

http://www.pumapeople.com

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I searched through the old ebay adverts. So long as your cas is actually driveable they seem to go for reasonable amounts even with damage/faults etc..

sofatester
    Free Member

they are essentially middle men making a cut out of desperate or gullible people

+1

Anything on TV about buying/selling cars is the last place you want to be looking.

IMHO of course 😀

tiger_roach
    Free Member

Pumapeople is a good idea – used to contribute when it was just a mailing list years ago.

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

For a giggle one very boring day I put our 2 week old Audi A3's details in. Offered us £2 grand more than the price it was new.

molgrips
    Free Member

I was offered £50 for a car I went on to sell for £700.

iain1775
    Free Member

Cougar – Member
    WBAC's adverts are so bloody annoying that I wouldn't give them my custom whilst I've got a hole in my arse. See also, Coldseal Windows, GoCompare, Safestyle UK, and anything that involves pooing at Paul's.

😀
    +1 (get one free)

jacksta
    Free Member

how much discount are you talking once you show up with the car?

kimbers

i didnt use them on principle because i hate the advert

molgrips
    Free Member

We buy any car –dotcommm
    We buy any car –dotcommm
    We buy any car –dotcommm
    any
    any
    any

That one? 😉

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

how much discount are you talking once you show up with the car?

a quick google reveals they aim for around 30%

Aidy
    Free Member

Mine's been keyed pretty much all around so am unsure how easy to sell – 2001 1.7 Puma with £70k, no problems otherwise though scruffy inside. Price I got from the site without the scratches was £950 and with £520 then they charge you £50 as well. Maybe I should just try my luck on Ebay.

If it comes with £70k, I'll happily give you £950 for it! 🙂

tiger_roach
    Free Member

Ah – my fingers get into auto mode sometimes with things like that 🙂

crazy-legs

I got ride of my old MOT-fail Fiat estate there a few years ago, they offered about £200 for it online (and it was a total wreck!) then I still got £170 for it when I took it in. Took the tax disc off it to claim back and left it with them. Dead easy.

Typed in my current reg the other day just out of interest and they offered £60, it's worth way more than that so maybe their generosity has waned a little…

Nick

Got offered £75 for a Peugoet 406 Estate (S Reg 70k), laughed, got £2250 in trade in/scrappage deal, laughing.

steveh

WBAC just offer a percentage of the CAP trade price for your car, the theory is on some cars they loose money but on the whole they'll make that percentage on all the ones they sell. Hence it should generally be easy to get a larger amount, I'd use autotrader if you want a good price and least hassle.

singletracksurfer

seemed a waste of time whenever ive looked.
    sell privately youll get a load more £.

JulianA
    Free Member

Wouldn't use them again – they offered £100 for an E-reg Golf 1800 and then knocked it down to £50 when we arrived… But we were at their place in Chertsey then!

Wouldn't use them on principle now, especially after some of the comments here.

mattsccm
    Free Member

A mate tried just for amusement as he knew the mot failiure made his car worth bugger all. They happily offered 50 quid, fair enough but then went into auto mode and mentioned the 75 quid handling fee!!! Guess what. It was dragged to the local scrappy who gave him 65.

Drac

Priced my bora with no mot offered 375 with a years mot it made a huge difference offered 450. So I'll stick with the private price of 1200.

duntstick
    Free Member

We buy any house/car/ boat ad infinitum.com
    We buy any house/car/ boat ad infinitum.com

Give ya £50 for it

Complex maths but the business must be good for dullards

I think I'm on to something………… 🙄

Edric64
    Free Member

wbac offered me 300 quid on a car that was later written off .Even the insurers gave me 1300 quid

BoardinBob

Absolute scammers praying on the desperate. I'm looking to sell my car and a quick check on Autotrader showed about 20 cars with the same age, spec and mileage all being advertised around £2.5k.

WeBuyAnyCar.com offered me £500 😆

takisawa2

Just about to trade our Verso in. Dealers are offering £4k – £4.1k.
    WBAC offered £3.9k. Looks like we'll sell it privately for close on £5k.

aracer
    Free Member

Anything on TV about buying/selling cars is the last place you want to be looking.

Anything advertised on TV is likely not to be a good deal – they do after all have to pay for the ads.

antigee

here is a deal in local paper i've just puzzled over:

skoda main dealer
    "vat free" well numbers made sense sort of (its just a discount) then

"plus up to £2,500† minimum part exchange allowance"

"†ask for details"

that is it word for word – explain "up to a mininum" without mentioning quantum mechanics or the lib-dem manifesto

Aidy
    Free Member

Anything advertised on TV is likely not to be a good deal – they do after all have to pay for the ads.

On the other hand, it's means they're big enough to be able to afford the adverts, and so are likely to have greater buying power.

konabunny
    Free Member

Business plans of people that say they will do business with anyone:

We buy any car – "give you a tenner for it, mate"
    We buy scrap gold – "give you a fiver for it, mate"
    We buy any house – "give you twenty for it, mate"
    We finance anyone – "we'll give you a tenner today, and you can give us a tenner back every week for the rest of your life, mate"

Johnboy373
    Free Member

We did!!! We had to get rid of my girls 09 plate tigra when she lost her job.

They gave us £11,520 for it, It was only about 6 month old i think.

We bought it new for £10,400 hahahahahahahahahaha.

I obviously tried to get more by saying things like "oh come on mate we payed £13k for it only 4 months ago"

And they said "unfortunatly sir thats all we can offer you"

How we laughed on the way home.

Thanks WEBUYANYCAR.COM you pulled our arse from the fire there.

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

they offered me a reasonable sum for my car, although I decided not to sell it in the end so don't know how much they'd have taken off…

Drac

that is it word for word – explain "up to a mininum" without mentioning quantum mechanics or the lib-dem manifesto

Err not difficult that's the maximum they'll give you against that car, with that deal. You could get more but not with the vat free bit.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Anyone here used 'We buy any car'?’ is closed to new replies.