Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Anyone got a Lumenator?
  • andybanks
    Free Member
    rob-jackson
    Free Member

brilliant

jam-bo

Yes. Yes.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Si si!

singlespeedstu

You might also want to look at the gloworm x2

http://www.crgmoto.co.uk/gloworm-x2-led-light-system—version-2—over-1200-real-lumens-1734-p.asp

I have both and like the x2 better.
    It’s smaller, looks better made and you can change the optics to suit what you want.
    Don’t be thrown by the claims that the lumenator has more lumens.
    It doesn’t.

cozz
    Free Member

YEP, AWESOME

lipseal
    Free Member
    saladdodger
    Free Member

I would not buy another 😯

No one needs that much light 😉

They are bloody brilliant

federalski
    Free Member

Believe the hype.
    They are great.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Very very good.

fbk
    Free Member

Got one. Very good. Top backup from Smudge too

derek_starship
    Free Member

Me too. Fantastic performance and great value. Really bright, wide beam. Well made. Great battery performance. Just order one now!

rob2
    Free Member

I’m not getting a consistent vibe here 😉

andybanks
    Free Member

Not sure I should order one given the reviews here 😆

Anyone know what the lead times are like on getting one at the moment. Given the terrible news listed on that site I’m guessing sending out MTB lights won’t be the guys priority at the moment – and rightly so.

Don’t want to order one and add to the guys stress load by emailing and asking about delivery.

Cheezpleez

I got one for Christmas. It’s great

boxxer7
    Free Member

How well do they stay put with the rubber o ring?

houndlegs
    Free Member

Would one of these be overkill for a roadbike? My normal evening ride of 20 miles is 10 miles with street lights and 10 miles without.
    On the lowest setting ,would one of these be ok for for road use with other traffic?

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I ordered mine just as things happened and got it very quickly, maybe a day later than first class. Great Service.

Mine stays put on the handlebar and was good once I figured out where I wanted it pointing when mounted to the lid, had to tighten my helmet under my chin but to be honest it was the lid moving not the light or mount.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I commute on road and offroad and its fine on low in lit roads, then kick it up in unlit roads and full on offroad… Although I did have an argument with dog walkers along the Thames path, walking their dog in the pitch black, “oooh yer lights too bright”, my reply, ‘good job! It meant I saw you and didn’t end up swimming’

The strobe = epileptic fit. Avoid. B

chakaping
    Free Member

Anyone know what the lead times are like on getting one at the moment.

Ordered just before Xmas, not heard anything yet.

Happy to wait of course, under the circumstances.

enfht
    Free Member

It really is a bloody amazing light.

Added bonus being my (now defunct) Hope Vision 1 helmet mount fits my Liberator perfectly.

I’ve been tempted to drop some acid and head out in the woods in strobe mode. 😈

drofluf
    Free Member

Thanks – just reminded me I need to put mine on charge for tonight.

boxxer7 – Member
    How well do they stay put with the rubber o ring?

Seems fairly firm but I haven’t used it in anger as the sweep of my bars points it out to one side 🙁 Instead I used a Hope universal clamp which does the job perfectly.

houndlegs – Member
    Would one of these be overkill for a roadbike? My normal evening ride of 20 miles is 10 miles with street lights and 10 miles without.
    On the lowest setting ,would one of these be ok for for road use with other traffic?

I reckon so. On country lanes you’ll be able to see the potholes, in town you need the extra brightness so all in all it’s win-win 🙂

I think it’s a great light, rarely need to use on full power. My only niggle is that as you cycle between the different powers it goes from High to Off before going to Low, but I guess that’s a personal preference.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member
    officialtob
    Free Member

My only niggle is that as you cycle between the different powers it goes from High to Off before going to Low, but I guess that’s a personal preference

This doesnt happen on mine – I think it was changed last year at some point? I got mine in November I think, and to turn it off, you have to hold the button. If you keep pressing it, it just cycles nicely through the settings without turning off 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

What he said, mine’s hold for off, click to cycle through modes. And the flash is speerate which is better (although I’d rather ditch it and just have up and down buttons).

I use mine as a helemet light and the beam nicely fills my field of vision rather than being a spot in the center. It’s actualy like riding in daylight!

smudge
    Free Member

hi guys,

thank you for the mention and comments on the lumenator. as you may know about about my mum, 3 days after she passed away I had my dad in hospital with Pneumonia and nearly lost him as well.

over the next couple of days I will catch up on all orders and emails.

can I also thank everyone for their kind messages over the last few Weeks.

andybanks
    Free Member

Smudge – sod the orders mate – Dad’s got to be the priority.

I’m likely to order this evening based on the feedback here. It arrives whenever it arrives mate – no mad panic.

FuzzyWuzzy

Just ordered one myself after this thread reminded me, certainly not in any rush to get it though given your circumstances and hope your dad has a speedy recovery.

kcr
    Free Member

What is the real world battery life on the various settings? Particularly interested in extended run times on settings that are less than max but still good enough for off road use.

scruff
    Free Member

I’ve done 3 hrs with med/high on mine and it just started going low on charge.

trout
    Free Member
    adscatt
    Free Member

Ordered mine over Xmas, can’t wait to try it but given the circumstances, I’m in no rush, family are priority.

kcr
    Free Member

OK, so 7 hours on medium if it is not too cold?

AlexSimon

Looks like the Sanguan SG-T2200 is the same light unit (don’t know about batteries, but wouldn’t be surprised if Smudge did his own).

But there is no price saving to be had anywhere in the world, which makes it an absolute no-brainer to order from Smudge given his amazing reported customer service and STW forum presence.

Best wishes for everything Smudge!

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Customer service from smudge is top notch 🙂 had a slight issue with the original battery pack and smudge sent me another with no question at all and this one is perfect. It’s a really good, solid light and reliable – been using pretty much every other day for 2 months and its as good as the day I got it. Nice beam pattern too and more than enough light even on low.

andybanks
    Free Member

So I placed an order today… and then turned up at a meeting for a charity LEJOG attempt I’m doing where we were all handed MagicShine’s free of charge.

I’d have felt great being given a free MagicShine if I hadn’t just spent £115 on a Lumenator. Seeing how bright this MagicShine is I can’t wait to get the Lumenator delivered now.

dantsw13

One for the bars, one for the lid – perfect!!

StirlingCrispin

I’m not saying my Lumenator is bright – but on New Year’s day mine was spotted on the local hill, from 10 miles away! (on the lowest setting too).
    Superb piece of kit – way better light spread than a MagicShine.
    How do you helmet users mount the battery?

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I run the wire through the gaps in the helmet, down my back into either a rucksack pocket or my Camelbak. It’s not perfect as a solution but works.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a Lumenator?’ is closed to new replies.