Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Anyone going to the CX World Cup in Milton Keynes?
  • stooo
    Free Member

I’ll be there… I’ll also be at a live QnA with Sven Nys tomorrow night, which will be streamed live on the Trek Factory Racing YouTube channel

padkinson
    Free Member

Simon – Member
    Lad at work is racing in juniors and I wouldn’t mind watching.

Can I ask who it is? I know a fair few of the British juniors that will be racing, and it’d be nice to see how they get on.

I seem to remember a live stream of the junior races from the CX world champs last year? Hopefully something similar this time.

Simon

Alfie Moses

trickydisco
    Free Member

Yep.. I’ll be there. Leaving Brizzle in the morning. Quite a few going from Bristol.

Lad who races in the western league Matt Fratesi is racing the junior race (he beats all the seniors despite starting 2 mins back!)

padkinson
    Free Member

Lad who races in the western league Matt Fratesi is racing the junior race

Ah excellent! I’m good friends with Matt, we raced each other all through 2013, and will be next year when he moves up to junior in XC.
    Give him some good cheering for me.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I had a peek at the course last night. The first corner looks interesting. Tight, off camber and muddy. I would be on my arse.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Course film from a friend riding, its gonna be muddy and slippery, really muddy and really slippery.

[video]http://youtu.be/n9f_l0xdrMU[/video]

BigAd
    Free Member

Aaaaargghhh!!!
    It’s today!?!?
    I got my dates mixed up and have to work today!
    Hope you all have brilliant day!
    Looks like the weather was specially ordered and everything.
    Someone have a beir for me…

hjghg5
    Free Member

Drove down last night. Parkrun done, time for a quick shower then over to the park 🙂

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

UCI feed is geo restricted, WTF!

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Hola, I thank you!

rt60
    Free Member

What a great event! Loved it!
    the first corner was mental, I am really hoping it comes back next year.

jameso

That was brilliant. Doffs cap to Ian Field, top brit today. Blown away by the pace and the course was great.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Brilliant event, fantastic atmosphere, great racing all flawlessly executed. Hats off to everyone involved.

Hope it returns in 2015!

ampthill

Here are some photos from the Womans race

brilliant event. Good crowds and able to get very close to the action

But my conclusion is that Disc brakes are mainly put on bikes that aren’t used for cyclo cross races.

4 of Helen

[url=https://flic.kr/p/phSJYi]Cyclocross-3[/url] by John Clinch, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/pXbUbt]Cyclocross-2[/url] by John Clinch, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/qcmhnh]Cyclocross-1[/url] by John Clinch, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/qcmiM1]Cyclocross-5[/url] by John Clinch, on Flickr

1 of Nikki

[url=https://flic.kr/p/qcmkwJ]Cyclocross-4[/url] by John Clinch, on Flickr

oldgit
    Free Member

Great races today, the ladies race was ace Sanne giving Katie the eye was before going for it….classic.

ampthill, Sven and Katie gave their reasons for their choice to use canti’s over discs. They both said modulation and being able to ‘feel’ the braking. They said at the moment discs don’t give the feedback that canti’s do and you’ can skid to before you know it with discs. She did say though that for dry races they were fine. They also both liked the lightness of cantis over the heavier disc set ups.

ampthill

I am of course being a bit naughty on the disc brakes. If I buy a cross style bike it will probably be disc. I found Cantis harder to work with than v-b brakes

But I love this line

” She did say though that for dry races they were fine”

I am so glad that they aren’t working from the marketing guys script

oldgit
    Free Member

I am so glad that they aren’t working from the marketing guys script

Thing is the Q was asked, and this was at the evening with Katie and Sven held in the Trek store in Milton Keynes. So you thought the answer would be ‘for sure’ discs are great, but no they went on to say how great cantis were.
    Thought that might have just made things tricky for the guys at the store selling the Trek CX’ers with discs. Sort of ‘this has the latest discs you really need these’ ‘yeah but Sven said….’

marko75
    Free Member

It was an excellent race. The atmosphere was fantastic and great to see so many kids around.

The mechanics in the pit lanes were working overtime – just cleaning the bikes between sections was impressive.

The shimano steps looked tiring and there was more running on the off camber stuff then I expected to see.

Hope to see it back for 2015!

seabass
    Free Member

Absolutely superb event. Thanks to all involved for making it so special.
    The only thing I can think to rival it for atmosphere and quality of spectating was the Olympic race at Hadleigh farm. Brilliant seeing so many locals riders doing so well and the interaction with all the riders was great fun, cheering the riders hopping the steps etc.

swdan
    Free Member

I thought the day was great, the atmosphere was better than I was expecting and according the the BBC website they reckoned 10,000 people turned up. They’ve got to be happy with that.
    Our only critisim was that the beer tents were a bit rubbish, only 6 of the advertised beers were on and the staff were struggling to cope, mainly because they could have done with double the people. Still you can’t have everything!
    All in all though, a top day and I hope it comes back next year

stooo
    Free Member

Just about to head back to Scotland after a brilliant day… Have to agree with all the other comments… Brilliantly organised, fantastic atmosphere, great day all round.

tang
    Free Member

What a cracking day! I was there as a guest of saddleback(sponsors for my upcoming CX race). Highlight of the day was spending an hour with Kevin Pauwels and his team. I teach young people with Autism cycling, so KP is a real inspiration.
    [/url] image by tangwyn, on Flickr[/img]

MrSmith
    Free Member

What a great day, perfect venue of off-camber sludge on a natural bowl and slope and perfect weather. I hope it comes back to MK again.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

It was a fantastic day today, the atmosphere was incredible!

Hopefully they’ll be running another WC race next year again. From what I’ve read so far it seems that the riders enjoyed the course and the atmosphere as much as the rest of us did!

ceepers

Watched the webcast live, what a great pair of races, pretty much the most exciting world cups this year, great effort by the Brits and the mud and associated carnage really added to it.

Well done to everyone involved. Deserves to be on the calendar for next year!

cp

Blimmin brilliant, great organisation and such great atmosphere.

Only thing wanting for me was another big screen on the back of the hill, and the one to the right of the podium are turning a bit more towards the massed crowds.

Nice handouts from grit.cx

maxlite
    Free Member

Amazing day, feel as though I rode a lap!

Crowds and atmosphere were brilliant, love my Shimano cow bell 🙂

flap_jack
    Free Member

Fabulous. And being able to walk there…I love living in MK.

wingnuts

flap_jack – Member
    Fabulous. And being able to walk there…I love living in MK.

Isn’t it great! Gives the city a great buzz. Great crowds and atmosphere. Met people I’d raced against 30 years ago, chatted with people who had come from the States and even Mrs Wingnuts enjoyed it.

The racing was great and the way even the back markers continued to ride hard was impressive.

flap_jack
    Free Member

It’s the variety of stuff that happens here – and there’s always a great vibe whatever the event.

Mrs flap_jack loved it too, mumbling something about if she was 30 years younger she’d love to have given it a go.

Today, off for another of MK’s hidden gems – the wonderfully quiet road riding to the west of the city, having enjoyed endless singletrack up at Woburn on Friday – as the posters said, no better place to live if you’re a cyclist.

maxtorque

flap_jack

having enjoyed endless singletrack up at Woburn on Friday

No, NO you didn’t. It was awful remember, horrible, and no one else should come to try it, they’d hate it………. 😉

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

yes great day, great racing and great to catch up with far few people!
    And GB riders delivered! thought the GB Junior girls did a great job in the senior woman,s race, Ian also did a great ride, Ian be in the top ten very soon.

Some photos to be found here
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.772998022737130.1073741863.138748036162135&type=3&uploaded=63

And watching Helen and Nikki been true pros signing autographs & having pics taken with fans. make some kids very happy

Jase
    Free Member

Helen happy to spare a few minutes before race for a chat and picture with my daughter.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member
Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Anyone going to the CX World Cup in Milton Keynes?’ is closed to new replies.