Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone bought those cheap Super Star road wheels yet?
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

These ones?

On the lookout for some new wheels for the road bike. Was going to go with Shimano rs 80s, but they are twice the price. Are the superstars a waste of money. Won’t be racing, might do a sportive or two. Weight is key for me….

ta

mafiafish
    Free Member

I bought the 30mm version and have about 250miles on them thus far, I’ve used them for commuting, climbing loops 10 mile TTs and one big day out with no complaints (I’m c.70kg if that makes any difference). I notice a teeny bit of flex but it’s not much compared to frame and crank flex. For the money I don’t think anything comes close until you get to Chinese carbon wheels. Would recommend them.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Thanks

Any idea how much the 30mm ones weigh? It states the same as the 24mm ones, which I’m a bit dubious about.

Build quality ok?

johnnystorm

I was tempted for my CR1 build but went for RS80 C24s instead. Please tell me the SS wheels are awful so I feel better thanks! 😉

trickydisco
    Free Member

I’m sure they are using the kinlin rims. I’ve got the xr200 and really rate it.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/superstar-road-wheels

Strangely enough they are exactly the same weight. The 24 has more material
    in it to make it stiffer with lower profile, plus 0.5mm more brake track
    thickness for lifespan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone bought those cheap Super Star road wheels yet?’ is closed to new replies.