Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Anyone bought a Unicycle from Lidl?
  • thesurfbus
    Free Member

I did this afternoon, the store only got allocated one and it was still there at 5.30pm, looking forward to trying it over the weekend.
    Anyone got any riding tips, I have never tried it before.

LabWormy

Yes.
    Can't.

aracer
    Free Member

Damn – I forgot. Thanks for the reminder – they might still have one tomorrow I suppose (but it's more likely they've all sold out here 🙁 )

clareymorris

Seriously, that is a question that is only going to be asked once in a lifetime!!!

iamsporticus
    Free Member

Ive always fancied a go on one after trying unsuccessfully once on holiday

I cant find them on the Lidl website

How much are they?

And how much is a real one LOL

thesurfbus
    Free Member

It was only £35, and the quality doesn't seem too bad, it was the Penicuik store near Edinburgh, I am not sure if the deals vary across the country.

aracer
    Free Member

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_uk/hs.xsl/index_11041.htm
    – though you'll probably need to be logged in with the Lidl website for that link to work.

LabWormy

Sad but true …

The Lidl website is postcode sensitive.
    The special offers vary from area/store to area/store.

So you may not be able to find it in your local store when you search.

FWIW, the cheapo baggies are quite decent for £8-00

yunki
    Free Member

I'm loving my new £6 breathable moisture wicking t-shirt

blades2000
    Free Member

didn't get one from Lidl, however I do have a Unicycle.

I can't ride it very well and it was a long time ago since I was riding it.

My tips would be practice, practice, practice. I learnt after some research on the Internet, youtube has some good tips. Somewhere with a post to help you get on at the start and a big open space, carpark, school playground, playing fields if they are smooth.

note, you will fall off (well I did), most of the time you land on your feet however the unicycle does shoot off away from you.

Hope this helps.
    Enjoy it.
    Nick

29erKeith
    Free Member

I got one in my local store just outside Southampton

I had a quick go at balancing on it in the garage door way last night
    I doubt I'll be very good but thought it looked good for a chuckle 😆

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Yes! Thanks to whoever put the initial 'heads up' on here. At least 4 in the Dean Row store yesterday morning.

Part of my son's 21st stuff, as he's wanted one since he was about 13 ;))

Looks reasonably sound.

Cheers
    Paul

bassspine
    Free Member

yunki – Member

I'm loving my new £6 breathable moisture wicking t-shirt

me too. 😀 coolmax for one ill octopus, bargain.

Incidentally they had loads of unicycles in the Sidmouth Lidl, bizarre, I never go there usually, just popped in to take a look… it was like being in a zombie film, all those old dodderers

elaineanne
    Free Member

lol ive just got my lidl paper and there it is…gud ole uni cycle…34.99… wonder what its like on fast decents ? 😀 and whizzing around berms …hahahaha :mrgreen:

hp_source

Yeah, I picked one up yesterday from Ashton, they'd got another one left in store at about 5pm.

So far I've been balancing in the corner of my lounge and think I'll be a while before steady forwards motion is achieved. Looks pretty sounds for £35 quid.

Also got a track pump for 4.99 too. Bargain!

onewheelgood

I don't have a Lidl uni, but I can ride one.

I think the best tip I can give is to persevere. I remember when I learnt, I spent quite a few hours thinking "I know I've seen other people ride one of these things, but it simply isn't possible". Then you might get to turn the pedals for almost a whole revolution and you realise that it might be possible after all. Just keep trying. A few minutes every day will get you there in a month or so – I definitely improved in my sleep between rides :-).

blue_mountain_goat
    Free Member

Have fun learning, careful though, you may end up like me. 😆

yunki
    Free Member

hmmm… I used to love my Pashley Uni.. was handy on it on any terrain too.. this was about 16 years ago.. I learned to ride it over a period of a month in the park.. often aided by carlsberg special brew..

After breaking my legs in an unrelated accident I left the unicycle alone.. (sold it in fact) until a month ago..
    I am now officially old.. unbalanced.. brittle.. very likely to put my back out.. scared.. and brittle.. and very uncoordinated.. and did I mention brittle?

HeatherBash
    Free Member

the michael jackson style crotch grab always puts me off the whole concept 😉

riding one off road = barking

cheers_drive

riding one off road = barking

You mean like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPP8z9iqH7s&feature=related
    I remember riding one at youth club when I was about 10, I think I got about 3 metres before it shot across the room a warp speed!

aracer
    Free Member

Still 2 left in Malvern. I reckon it weighs almost as much as my road bike and the bearings are pretty stiff, but it should be plenty good enough for learning on. Mrs aracer has always refused to buy me one for my birthday, reasoning they're too expensive and I won't use it – well at least the first half doesn't apply in this case.

zaskar
    Free Member

I'm going to LIDL because of OP…

user-removed
    Free Member

I've got one, can ride it, but rarely do. It'll come in handy for something one day I'm sure. Busked on a uni during the Edinburgh festival one year which does give you a bit of added flavour but gets a bit sketchy where space is at a premium…

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Yerp!

Got mine this morning. There's loads left in the Basingstoke one.. Obviously not a unicycling town I guess..

z1ppy

😆 one less in Worcester (nr. sherrif st), but 3 or 4 left.

Seemed to me when I looked about (a while back) that you couldn't really get one for under £80 and a decentish muni was £200. I didn't want to have to buy 'twice' when they cost that much, so this will either kill or cure my fetish without breaking the bank.
    (oh and got away with another 'wheeled' aparatus in the garage without being dumped)

debaser

One left at the Lidl in Leith this afternoon.

I was tempted but I could only see it ending badly 🙂

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Anyone bought a Unicycle from Lidl?’ is closed to new replies.