Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Anyone bought a Charge Spoon recently?
  • BoomBip

Was looking at getting a Charge Spoon saddle in black but not if it’s got that faux suede finish. All I can think of is throwing my weight back on the bike and my shorts staying where they are 😯

If anyone’s bought a black one recently, is it a suede-ish or smooth finish?

bigjim

I’ve just got one from that wiggle deal and it is grippier than I was expecting, but seems to be polishing up a bit after 5 days riding. I found my sdg bel air comfier, but the spoon has a lower profile and is maybe a bit easier to get out of the way of.

tonyd

I got one from that there Wiggle offer recently too. It’s suede-ish but it’s gone on the pub bike/kiddie carrier so grippy doesn’t matter too much. Oddly enough it replaced an old SDG Bel Air too!

fenred
    Free Member

I’ve had a black one on one of my bikes over winter and can confirm it goes shinier than a shiny thing after a few rides.

ads678

Yeah I got one of those wiggle ones as well!! 😀

I like it, it is grippy but it’s on the commuter so that doesn’t matter, it is nice and comfy though. Thinking of getting one for my other bike.

danielgroves
    Free Member

suede-ish when I got mine 2/3 weeks back. Flatmate got a white one at the same time, that was smooth. Not had issues with short sticking to mine, I actually prefer it over the plastic finish ones.

sv

Are the newer ones wearing quicker? Couple of mates have newish ones and look well worn compared to my 4yr old one. Also have a Flux and it is smooth.

fasthaggis

Comfy enough shape,but I is not liking the grippyness ,going to try a Fizik next time.

BoomBip

sv – how’ve you found the Flux? Any noticeable difference to the Spoon apart from the finish?

fasthaggis – weirdly enough I’m looking at a new saddle because I’ve fallen out with my Fizik Gobi. It was fine until I lost a bit of weight (which must have all been from my a***) – now I can’t do more than 2 1/2 hours without feeling like I’m sat on a sideways Toblerone.

ndg
    Free Member

I’ve bought a charge knife – similar profile as the spoon, but less height. No suede finish either. I’ve had gobi’s before but found that the internal structure seems to fail and they get uncomfortable.

shifter
    Free Member

My favourite psa from stw saddle at the moment is an SDG Aliso that came from Wiggle.

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’m a fan of the Knife too. I prefer the slimmer profile compared to the Spoon.

Still think my I Fly is more comfortable than either though, buy I seem to like very narrow, racey saddles.

Matt24k
    Free Member

The Madison Flux is the same as the Charge Spoon other than the stitching and the fact that is shiny. At £17.29 it’s a bargain.
    Flux Saddle

sv

Boombip – as above same shape but very slightly softer. Could be the old spoon has hardened too.

BoomBip

Cheers, guys – think I’ll give the flux a go at that price 8)

superfurryhead
    Free Member

Looked at this one myself:

http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/p/12563/charge-spoon-ltd-edition-saddle

only £22.49

but went with sdg bel-air for comfort.

deadkenny
    Free Member

The faux suede/leather polishes up in no time. Don’t worry.

At £10 from Wiggle with extras and a pack of Haribo, had to be done so got a couple of replacements for my battered old ones.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Got a flux a while ago, on the advice of my lbs when I was looking for a new charge spoon, can confirm that not only is it the same (other than stitching) and that after 18months on the road bike it is wearing very well and is just as comfy too

officialtob
    Free Member

Charge Spoon’s are £18.48 from Tredz with free delivery…. I’m in dire need of a new saddle and was going to go down the route of being fitted for one in one of the Selle Italia fitting centres. However, for the sake of £18, it’s got to be worth a punt..

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Anyone bought a Charge Spoon recently?’ is closed to new replies.