• This topic has 249 replies, 59 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by kinixecig-spam.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 250 total)
  • Anybody use them electronic ciggies?
  • patriotpro
    Free Member

Thinking of buying as an xmas pressy but no idea what to get…

Please advise 🙂

Rockape63
    Free Member

no, but I know two people who do and they are very pleased with them.

jota180
    Free Member

Would they be OK in a kids playground?

Thinking out loud here, but what if someone’s toddler saw them and it lead to difficult questions for the parent?

richpips
    Free Member

I’ve a mate who uses them.

You should see the outraged looks in the pub when he has a “smoke”.

🙂

chewkw
    Free Member

richpips – Member

😆 I want to see that … 😆

nealglover
    Free Member

I’ve been using them for 3 1/2 years and they are awesome.

Gave up cigarettes the day my first one arrived and not had another since.
    And never wanted one either.

I never use it somewhere you can’t smoke though, otherwise you just look like a twunt.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’ve been using them for a couple of months.

Is it for someone who is already using them or someone who hasn’t started yet?
    If they’ve already started, what are they using at the mo?

slackalice
    Free Member

Been using then for a month now and loving the lack of smoke. Lots to choose from, I went for the titan from totally wicked e-liquid dot com peeps.

I am no longer a smoker!!! Yay!!!

SiB
    Free Member

Started using SKYCIG after recommendations on here about a month ago, haven’t had a cigarette for just over 4 weeks now and cannot imagine ever going back to them. Was smoking for last 25 years (makes me cringe just typing that now!) about 10 – 15 a day (shaking head now, what a waste of time/money/life).

You should find some coupons/discounts on line if you go for a SKYCIG. I bought introductory kit for about £10 which includes a battery, recharger and 3 x cartridges, 5 cartridges for about £10 (can get refills for alot cheaper if you dont mind dismantling skycig cartridge and filling it up that way) and that was four weeks ago – £20/month compared to approx £180ish on cigarettes (another shake of head!).

And they don’t look like one of the brands of e-cigs that look like crack pipes!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Can you get ones that look like roll-ups? 🙂

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

There are basically 3 types, cig look-a-like, cigar look-a-like and things that look like you’re on seriously hard drugs. 😀

marvincooper

Anyone use a tobacco heater, like this: http://www.ploom.com/pax ?

patriotpro
    Free Member

richpips – Member

They cause outrage?? Now I want one 😈

patriotpro
    Free Member

cheers ‘SiB’ I expected skycigs to come up as the most popular so appreciate your advice.

Would you recommend this kit then? http://www.skycig.co.uk/kits/freedom

Or is there another?

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Whilst we are on the subject may I highjack a little please?

I bought a E-Lites kit at the gadget show as I would like to give up the fags, but I just cant use the thing for more than a few ‘draws’ before my tongue feels burnt & my mouth is dryer than the Sahara desert, is this normal with ‘vaping’ or did I buy the wrong kit? I would like to give it another go but I’m wary of pissing another £50 up the wall.

Cheers in advance.

br
    Free Member

The wife uses them, and hasn’t had a proper fag since she started on them – but tbh they just seem to have ‘replaced’ the fags, not sure of the health side etc.

nealglover
    Free Member

To be honest, that skycig kit is a load of money for not much at all.

Those batteries don’t last five minutes and you only get 2

I bought that sort of thing when I first started as they seemed to be what was available.
    But with some research I found far better options.

Batteries that last a couple of days (that aren’t huge)
    Carts that are designed to be refilled easily and actually work properly.
    And juice that’s made in the UK with proper quality control rather than having unknown ingredients from somewhere in the Far East.

Try Decadent Vapours, Totally Wicked, Cloud9Vaping, iVapour Elixir for some better ideas.

nealglover
    Free Member

but tbh they just seem to have ‘replaced’ the fags, not sure of the health side etc.

They are supposed to replace the fags really, that’s the idea.

It’s a safe nicotine delivery method.

Providing you don’t have any other health problems, nicotine isn’t that bad for you.

It’s the other few thousand chemicals, poisons and tar in the “regular” delivery method that causes the problems.

Personally I wouldn’t touch anything that had juice made in the Far East, the quality control is shocking, and you have no idea what is going into it.

I buy my Juice from Decadent Vapours, it’s made in the UK and I know exactly what goes into it. And the quality is spot on.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

As Nealglover says, Big downside with them e-lites and similar designs, for a regular smoker at least, is the constant battery management and/or cartridges not lasting 5 mins (some didn’t appear to work at all), it also can be quite expensive. My experience of them was just getting fed up of constantly having to think about recharging batteries (I had two batteries), which didn’t last very long of regular use. I didn’t manage to give up the weed as I was often defaulting to a roll-up whilst waiting for batteries to charge (and I’m not/wasn’t a big smoker). To save a bit of money and get better performance, e-lite cartridges can be refilled if you prise the little white cap off and buy some eliquid. I expect they are ideal for using at work/on train/in pub, as they look like normal cigs.
    I started on cig-o-like e-lites, but I quickly bought something with bigger batteries and holding more eliquid, which is much better IMO. Kit with bigger batteries don’t need constant charging, they don’t look much like a cig tho.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

nealglover – Member
    To be honest, that skycig kit is a load of money for not much at all.

Those batteries don’t last five minutes and you only get 2

I bought that sort of thing when I first started as they seemed to be what was available.
    But with some research I found far better options.

Batteries that last a couple of days (that aren’t huge)
    Carts that are designed to be refilled easily and actually work properly.
    And juice that’s made in the UK with proper quality control rather than having unknown ingredients from somewhere in the Far East.

Try Decadent Vapours, Totally Wicked, Cloud9Vaping, iVapour Elixir for some better ideas.

Thanks for that, I have looked at loads & TBH I have ended up very confused, especially if you go to the forums, some read like adverts, some are very complicated, I guess it would be like a complete newbe reading STW, very informative & top of the shop if you have gotten into MTB, but about as much use as a chocolate teapot to your average £200 budget bike buyer looking to make a first purchase. SO based on that & as I trust you as your on a bike forum then what would you recommend?*

*Assuming you dont run your own E-fag business from a shed in yorkshire 😉

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Cheers B.A.Nana.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

2unfit, If you’re prepared to move away from cig look-a-likes then you’ll get much better performance from battery and delivery system (that’s the bast way I can describe cartridges/clearomisers and other systems). You’ll basically be missing out the expensive learning bit that most of us go thru with e-lites type ecigs. The cig-o-like things have their place tho, for people who smoke a lot at work/pub/street etc, but in the whole scheme of things, they’re a bit rubbish.

nealglover
    Free Member

2unfit2ride.

I would get some 510 Cartomisers from Totally wicked or Cloud9Vaping. (C9V low resistance Cartomisers in Silver are great)

A 510 charger from cloud9vaping or totally wicked

A couple of Riva 510 Batteries and a cone from cloud9vaping or totally wicked.

Some juice from Decadent Vapours. Any flavour you like. Probably 11/14/18 mg ?

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Thanks both, it still sounds complicated, a bit like making a bike from components, any links to a ready made kit or is that akin to buying an off the peg bike? That or could I really take the piss & ask for links to each component?

Oh incase it helps I smoke rather to many of B&H gold per day 😳

Cheers.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Something like this http://www.ukecigstore.com/e-cigarettes/starter-kits/viva-la-riva-deluxe-vision-innokin-and-riva-510-starter-kit-650 plus a wall charger and a selection of 5ml eliquids to test flavours (AAEC disc code for 5% off). you can experiment with cartridge and clearomiser. there are vids on youtube about using it. try fruit flavours (mango,watermelon) and mint as well as the flavours you think you might like.

nealglover
    Free Member

Thanks both, it still sounds complicated, a bit like making a bike from components, any links to a ready made kit or is that akin to buying an off the peg bike? That or could I really take the piss & ask for links to each component?

That link above looks good to me as a starter.

Then maybe a pack or two of http://www.cloud9vaping.co.uk/epages/yxve46fvrnud.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/yxve46fvrnud/Products/510CARTO-LR/SubProducts/510CARTO-LR-

And some juice from decadent vapours. Any flavours you want, just order small sizes and few flavours.
    I ended up on Decadent Vapours Menthol once I got my Taste buds back and hated the tobacco flavours. (not cigarette menthol, just pure mint, like extra strong mints)

I went from 40/50 Benson and Hedges Gold a day, to Zero the day my first e-Cig arrived 🙂

Squidlord
    Free Member

my tongue feels burnt & my mouth is dryer than the Sahara desert

I had this when I borrowed an e-lites for a day. It was meant to be Marlboro flavour I think. Rank. Unsatisfying. I suppose other brands/flavours might have worked better for me?
    However, I suspect that if I could smoke anywhere, I would just have one in my gob all the time. 😳

nealglover
    Free Member

The mouth drying out, horrible burnt taste etc is purely down to the crap liquid they supply with the kits.
    It’s cheap and horrible.

You don’t get any of that with decent juice.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

They do dry your mouth out a bit, I drink water/juice whilst vaping, but no burnt taste with decent kit.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I went from 40/50 Benson and Hedges Gold a day, to Zero the day my first e-Cig arrived

Wow, I’m not up to that level yet, despite smoking for very nearly 30 years, so respect if you can give up, you have just become my roll model! Can I ask what nicotine level you went for? B&H say .9 & the juice shows as a much higher nicotine content, I guess that is one of the confusing things about it all?

Cheers.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

maybe start on 18mg and work up/down from there (possibly include a couple of 24mg just incase). I’m mostly on 11mg with a few 18mg as back up, but wasn’t a big smoker. As neal says, buy a bunch of 5ml testers to start off. 6-8 5ml testers will last quite a while. I’m buying mine from vapourtine at the moment using disc code XMAS35 to get 35% off.

nealglover
    Free Member

Wow, I’m not up to that level yet, despite smoking for very nearly 30 years, so respect if you can give up, you have just become my roll model! Can I ask what nicotine level you went for? B&H say .9 & the juice shows as a much higher nicotine content, I guess that is one of the confusing things about it all?

I started on 18mg. A couple of juices I tried early on had no throat hit, so I got them in 24mg and they were better.

I mix my own juice now using Decadent Vapours ingredients and recipe.

I mix the menthol in batches and make 0mg – 7mg – and 11mg and use them all depending on how I’m feeling.

I mix a batch of 24mg for when I’m on the piss as well 🙂

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Thanks again both/all, I think I’ll buy what was recommended, its got to be worth a shot.

Cheers.

nealglover
    Free Member

Have a look at the forums (there are a few) but this is a good place to start for info :

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-information/

Get used to how long your batteries last, and get used to carrying a spare if you need to.
    Running out of power is a pain in the arse.
    Carry a spare bottle of Juice and a spare Cartomiser everywhere.
    Juice is easy to lose so a spare can be invaluable. And cartomisers can die sometimes.

Once you get sorted, you won’t have any bother giving up, it really does kill the urge.

(3.5 years smoke free – 51,000+ cigarettes avoided !) 😉

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I think I’ll buy what was recommended, its got to be worth a shot.

Even if you were to move onto other kit at a later date, those riva batteries are pretty standard across most kit. So, always reuseable within their life span and you’ll always need at least 2 batteries on the go.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Also, don’t throw the e-lites kit away (batteries, charger and cartridges). They can be kept for an emergency. The carts can be refilled by prizing the cap off (drop your eliquid onto the wadding,not down the hole in the middle), the battery/cart fitting is unique to e-lite tho (I’m told), so only reuseable as a stand alone kit.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

2unfit, just incase you haven’t bought yet, there is a link on this thread to a VapeEscape starter kit which is the same as the Viva la Riva kit, but with even more powerful batteries, for not much more money (no juice included tho). Might be worth considering.

http://allaboute-cigarettes.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=newmembers&action=display&thread=14138

Milkie
    Free Member

…After reading this thread I am even more confused. 😳

Tempted by Sky Cig… But I’m not sure what is best!

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

IMO SkyCig perhaps if you smoke in public and would feel very uncomfortable/self conscious with anything that didn’t look like a cig. Otherwise, there’s nothing much to merit them. Expensive, inadequate batteries, poor performance (BTW I used e-lites, but from what I read SkyCig are essentially the same thing).

Much better alternatives are more MonteCristo tubos Cigar size and could be passed off as some sort of asthma inhaler, maybe. 😀 Altho the big clouds of vapour might be hard to explain.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Many thanks B.A.Nana, but I bought the first kit you suggested, I’m hoping for success with this one.

Cheers.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 250 total)

The topic ‘Anybody use them electronic ciggies?’ is closed to new replies.