Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Anybody see the TT coverage last night?
  • hora
    Free Member

It was the Superbikes (?) the other day that weren't lasting the course wasn't it? A few riders wrung the nuts off them too much rather than conserving them?

carbon337
    Free Member

just watched it on ITV od, nutters! That Guy Martin had an Alpine 160 in his tent/pit garage.

Aristotle
    Free Member

I've been watching the TT coverage too.

It's fantastic stuff. The on-bike footage looks as if it has been fast-forwarded and I like the fact that the helicopters can't keep up.

As someone who rides a motorbike (at nowhere near that level of skill), some of those 'moments' make me feel queasy -The composure of the top riders who manage to, very calmly, hang on throughout these little incidents is amazing.

Long may the madness continue!

numplumz
    Free Member

Ferry over with your bike, ride on douglas prom to cafe for breakfast. Then cycle up the course backwards (not you) before they shut it to Creg-ny-baa pub and sit in sun and drink all day watching the racing.
    Then when road opens rolldown hill very fast making brap brap noises and enjoy the free show in Douglas before getting the ferry home.

Done twice, long but very rewarding day out, Just make sure someones still sober by the time you get back to your parked vehicles though 😉

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

guy martin rode the mega last year iirc

hora
    Free Member

guy martin rode the mega last year iirc

I think Im more impressed with…

guy martin rode the TT! 😀

StumpyBlurRider
    Free Member

i dont like motorbikes..but i like watching the TT for some strange reason…the speed i guess

br
    Free Member

I can still remember going flat-out up the mountain on my zx9r, with an rc30 right up my chuff – he had the knowledge and handling, but I had the speed and width (took up a fair width of road when it was on the edge) 😆

And that was on open roads, with two way traffic…

rkk01
    Free Member

I got a lift to the pub with a local Manxie a few years back. From Ballugh Bridge to Douglas in a Toyota Avensis (!) at an indicated 100+mph over the mountain.

It was the first year that the mountain road was made one way and I was absolutely cr@pping myself as he used the whole road – with bikes going past at half as fast again….

rkk01
    Free Member

OMG – How on earth did Dan Stewart stay on after his moment at Bungalow in the Superstock….???

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Was that the guy that nearly high sided on the shellgrip then retired with an injured knee?

chrissyboy
    Free Member

I've always fancied going to the TT, but never have. Love the idea of taking a day trip with the pedal bike – it's on the list for next year. Any idea whether Steam Packet charge extra for bikes, what the crossing costs, what times the shut the road etc?? Ta, C.

rkk01
    Free Member

Was that the guy that nearly high sided on the shellgrip then retired with an injured knee?

Yep, that's the one.

Dunlop's aggressive style is scary to watch at the moment – maybe just the material that makes the edit for the show, but it looks like he is pushing well beyond the envelope for that particular course.

hora
    Free Member

Anyone else growing mutton-chops? I've got a semi-beard at the moment so all I need to do is trim appropriately then let it flow!

Northwind

I keep on nearly going, then deciding to go to the northwest 200 instead, then not doing either. Next year!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I've been to the NW200. It's a good race, but the TT is better by a fair margin. 🙂

Northwind

I just prefer the grid-start style racing to timed starts, so the NW appeals more.

redted
    Free Member

I think regarding the speeding in the pitlane incident with Guy in the superbike race, the organisers most likely did it to get their own back. I know he didn't attend some of the pre TT PR events because he doesn't like all the media bullshit and I suspect as a result, even though he was less than 1mph over the 60mph pit lane limit they did it out of spite. I personally thought it was a bit shitty of them, because the infringement was so small, I can't see how they would think it was intentional,but as with most sports now, the money is starting to creep in and people expect their pound of flesh. I know Guy pretty well and I know all he wants to do is win a TT the old way out of the back of a tranny van, but I think sooner or later if he's not careful he might make a few more enemies of the organisers and regardless of how he wants to race, it might be his undoing. Still, There's two more races to go where hopefully he will get that elusive top step. Here's hoping.

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

I went to the TT fof 5 consecutive years,highlights being seeing Joey Dunlop pass Mike Hailwood's win total.Trevor Nation wrestling the Norton Rotary down Bray Hill.Breath taking stuff.
    Was talking to Guy Martin at the Builth Wells MTB Marathon-lovely bloke.
    If you've never been it's well worth the effort.I don't ride motorbikes anymore,but I will go back.

hora
    Free Member

Interviews with Guy Martin last night. How likeable is that bloke? Just wants to keep his dead, enjoy himself and race out the back of a transit.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yeah, Guy Martin seems just the right side od sane to be a great bloke. I think I've found a racer to support next year! 🙂

(I was always a big DJ fan 🙁 )

yetirose
    Free Member

just been looking at all the TT postings and watching the coverage on the TV , mainly sat on the edge of the soffa exclaiming things like f%$ing hell, absolutly in awe of the skill of these guys and sheer raw speed that they travell at. I first whent to the island in 1973 and continued to go back over there for about the next 14 years , I cant remember the year but John Williams broke Haillwoods long standing lap record of 107 MPH at a speed of about 110 MPH , i said to an old boy next to me "do you think we will ever see an 120 mph lap " he replied "never in our life time they must be at the very limit now" . 🙂 ive seen some absolutly legendry races , hailwoods come back one of the most memorable , joey dunlop coming so close to a wall at glen hellen that i was leaned against that i jumped backwards and fell into the stream some 10 feet down a grassy bank below me, what a way to get wet.
    happy days,and total respect to all these guys racing there now.

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Anybody see the TT coverage last night?’ is closed to new replies.