Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Anybody near Dorchester?
  • stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Comin gdown to Dorset next week. Anybody ride at Puddletown woods regularly? Had a good ride there two years ago and hoping to go back if I can get a bike.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Nobody???

IainGillam
    Free Member

I live near dorchester and used to ride their loads but it's not that good anymore as the forestry commission have had a big felling which has destroyed quite a bit of the singletrack and one or two of the jump spots. If you are in the dorset area for a week it might be worth giving torico a shop in Sturminster Newton a call to see if they are doing a wednesday night ride and going on that as the stuff round there is good. If you're into gravity orientated stuff I would reccomend going to the UK Bike Park on a weekend (they are no longer open weekdays). Still if you do fancy a ride round puddletown and it's in the week I would be more than happy to show you what I know.

Iain

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Cheers. It was great when I was there but I think that was two and a half years ago. If I've got a bike with me it'll be my Scandal singlespeeded so not really bike park weapon of choice. Been to the Quantocks a few times too but don't think I'll have time to go there. Wed eve might be good otherwise it'll be a morning ride.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Always a few riders about in the Purbecks if Puddletown is out of action. Wareham forest ok if you know where to go.

Wednesday night Purbecks group ride (ride cycleworks) leaving Sandbanks ferry 6.20. 2 groups (fast and steady) 40/50 riders.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Dr. P should be able to help, if you don't fancy the short drive down to the Purbecks. If it were me, i'd do the purbecks given the choice!
    Puddletown's still ok but involves more work to use what fun stuff there is now…

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Time might be limited so probably wouldn't manage that far but will give Torico a shout or pop in for a word.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Of course with the thought of riding somewhere new planted in my head you never know…… If I don't have a bike but could get to the Purbecks is there anywhere I could get hire/borrow a bike?

IainGillam
    Free Member

stevenmenmuir – Member
    Cheers. It was great when I was there but I think that was two and a half years ago. If I've got a bike with me it'll be my Scandal singlespeeded so not really bike park weapon of choice. Been to the Quantocks a few times too but don't think I'll have time to go there. Wed eve might be good otherwise it'll be a morning ride.

Ok, drop me an email (in profile) if you fancy taking me up on the offer.

Iain

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Of course with the thought of riding somewhere new planted in my head you never know….

Just north of Dorch there's some good stuff to be had on the North Dorset Downs, nr Cerne Abbas…

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

Might be able to do a Puddletown ride with you, rode PT last week and yeah some tree felling has happened but some of the tracks are still there and enough to make a loop I recon. Got a SS too so could be well matched!
    Drop me an email (in profile) and let me know.

Lee

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

You might be able to blag a demo bike from one of the Poole shops.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Iain and Lee ygm.

IainGillam
    Free Member

Sorry to drag up a very old topic, but forgot ot ask about this at the time and just thought of it:

Thurman Merman – Member
    Just north of Dorch there's some good stuff to be had on the North Dorset Downs, nr Cerne Abbas…

Where abouts is this stuff? Fancy showing me around sometime?

Iain

P.S Thanks for a great ride, Steven and Lee.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Anybody near Dorchester?’ is closed to new replies.