Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Anybody else waiting for their Rocket to land today?
  • metalheart
    Free Member

Well?

Mine should arrive at the shop today and I pick it up and build it up tomorrow….

Gone orange and RP.

JRTG
    Free Member

Nope but my niner should! I hope yours arrives and it gets sunny for a first ride. Fingers crossed for you.

metalheart
    Free Member

Sun, yeah that would be nice. Currently none showing on the Metoffice 5 day forecast… And it’s been hosing it of late, heaps of surface water on the roads this am. 🙁

Just as well it won’t get it’s first full on outting until Friday….

What niner you getting?

ononeorange

Metalheart – I assume that “pics please” goes without saying?

metalheart
    Free Member

Well it arrived in the shop. So has my forks and my axle converter.

Go pick it up and build it tomorrow am, yeehaw! 🙂

Ooo: try and stop me, there’ll be pics a plenty I’m sure.

I think I’m a little excited at the moment…

messiah
    Free Member

I saw this being built up on Saturday morning and it looked rather tasty 😉

And so was my ice cream from the shop across the road :mrgreen:

That is all 8)

Chainline
    Free Member

Did you see my post abut the Straitline SG Messiah?

JEngledow
    Free Member

I got back from the Gym at about 10:50 this morning only to find the “sorry, we missed you!” card on the mat with the attempted delivery time of 10:45!! Looks like it’ll be Wednesday before I can get my sticky mitts on the BFe now 🙁

metalheart
    Free Member

Yes, the Rocket has indeed landed.

I had a problem with the forks not giving up travel and wanted to speak to Merlin before casting aspersions about the place. Turns out that they were just numpty set up… 😳

Also in Cy’s haste to meet my deadline he forgot to add the mech cable guide to the package so he’s posting that out pdq.

Still got to stick on the frame protection but it should be good to go for my flexi Friday :mrgreen:

Oh messiah, having been tempted by you dragging the ice cream under my nose I would say that the Rocket is infact tastier… And it was damn fine ice cream…

Pics to follow.

rOcKeTdOg

Pics to follow.

might as well post pics of the bike too

vorlich
    Free Member

You know it’s really not on posting a thread like this a not having the pics done for nearly a whole week. Totally unacceptable.

😉

metalheart
    Free Member

ah right, hud yer horses…

here you go: photos –

Rocket_0192 by Metalheart-UK, on Flickr

Rocket_0193 by Metalheart-UK, on Flickr

Rocket_0194 by Metalheart-UK, on Flickr

Rocket_0197 by Metalheart-UK, on Flickr

Rocket_0201 by Metalheart-UK, on Flickr

Hopefully this will meet your approval… 🙄

matt_outandabout

*applauds*

metalheart
    Free Member

Once again I’d like to thank Joe (and Sam) at Cycle World for pulling out all the stops to get everything sorted for the Saturday build.

Also to Cy for doing his best to meet my deadline (pity about the Bos but hey ho). Looking forward to my cable guide…

Lastly a thanks to Merlin Cycles for delivering my forks on time despite the holiday backlog and then putting up with a numpty not being able to set them up.

vorlich
    Free Member

Gah. Now I want one even more. Pity I can’t afford one. Well I could, but would get shouted at. The only way I could sneak this would involve selling my Soul.

souldrummer
    Free Member

That does look nice. I am soooo tempted but I really mustn’t give in.

metalheart
    Free Member

vorlich: if its any conciliation I had to sell my soda…

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

you’re very welcome fella. not too many stops were pulled out. cheers for the wine though. 🙂

team rocket will be a go soon enough…..

metalheart
    Free Member

jeez, joe, I think I’ve had enough wine of late. Don’t you? 😉

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Firstly – Nice frame!!! 🙂 – Do i really want / need to change my Nomad though??? Hmmmmmm

Secondly – Hi Joe, you are indeed a thourouhly good bike mechanic / all round nice chap and would trust know one else to build my Solaris

See you soon 🙂

Alan.

legalalien
    Free Member

Very nice. 8)

Metlaheart, what size frame did you get? I have been talking to Cy via email and he has been great with advice so far. We have further discussion to go through before I finally decide on which frame size to order but I was hoping to get your impression of the size of the frame.

I’m a smidge under 6ft and am leaning heavily towards the medium as my current bike’s reach and stack are similar. I don’t have gibbon arms or other freakish dimensions, so I’m thinking a medium will be safe and I can play with stem length and seatpost layback to tune tune it exactly (looks like you have done the same with the layback seatpost – either that or, erm, you’ve got a bent seatpost mate).

From your demo ride thread, I think you had a medium. Did you end up getting a medium and if so, how tall are you and how does it fit?

Cheers.

willv

Looks smart mate what size frame is it?

I see you’ve got RS Revs on it-what was the issue as i’m not getting the last 25 mm travel out of mine (dual air)

Take
    Will

metalheart
    Free Member

Legalalien: I’m ~6 ft too and in Cotic’s I’m a medium. The seatpin has come straight off my old soda so not tried this one out on the trail yet but the demo was perfect which is why ive gone 55 stem 750 bars. My advice to you would be go with what Cy says. I did on my soul despite reservations and so glad that I did. He knows what he’s talking about!

Will: I had the neg pressure too high. Pos should be +5 psi. Check your neg as after setting up the pos the neg had jumped 25 psi! I let some air out of the bottom then pumped it back up to the right pressure then checked the pos and did the same. A bit of fine tuning required and iterations to suit but seems right now.

legalalien
    Free Member

Cheers metalheart. I’ll have a final chat with Cy in a few weeks (baby due soon!) One of the reasons I’m happy to send my money to Cotic is Cy’s attitude to customer service. I’ve had three or four detailed emails from him chewing the fat over geometry and frame sizes. He’s shown nothing but enthusiasm and genuine interest in making sure I get exactly the right thing. Good bloke.

metalheart
    Free Member

Yeah, I had a tough decision between this and a Labyrinth Agile (another very nice bike). In the end it came down to I have a lot of faith in Cy & Cotic. And it comes in orange… :mrgreen:

For clarity this frame is a medium (17.5″).

wrecker
    Free Member

Has it been on the scales yet metalheart?

metalheart
    Free Member

Yeah, 31 04

Rims are 321’s and them tyre’s are tubed. not light wheels…

shinsplints

like !

cfinnimore
    Free Member

BikeChains getting one in and since I don’t have any money it won’t be mine but if you are the person that buys it I may be straddling it upon delivery.

What a lovely looking thing.

clive
    Free Member

Was there a supply problem with the Bos ?

AntLockyer
    Free Member

That is a lovely looking bike. Must resist the urge to spend.

ononeorange

Very nice pics, Metalheart.

Lovely bike – tick
    Orange – tick
    Proper wheel size – tick…….!

(Good attempt to match grip collars, too)

metalheart
    Free Member

Clive: bushings on the shock didn’t fit. Cy will have this sorted by this Friday. I had a last Friday deadline so opted for the RP instead. I was just a week too early is all. If it hadnt complicated matters considerably i would’ve held on and waited for it.

On the plus side I’m half way to reverb already 🙂

honourablegeorge

clive – Member
    Was there a supply problem with the Bos ?

Vip’r is in short supply – took nearly six weeks for mine to arrive – direct from BOS

Speeder

This isn’t a troll but is that in a just thrown together state or do you run your seat at that angle as a matter of course Metalheart? I can’t for the life of me see how that’s comfortable unless you’re climbing very steep hills all the time.

metalheart
    Free Member

Speeder: as stated earlier it was from off my soda and not been touched. However I get a sore back of I don’t have a slight tilt downwards. Due to cable router missing I’ve not ridden it in anger yet. May well get nudged up a bit in due course…

khani
    Free Member

That just luvverley.. 😀 cy’s cracked it with those I reckon…much more of a looker than the hemlock.

Wozza
    Free Member

Well done, That’s lovely.

wrecker
    Free Member

Yeah, 31 04

No too bad then. Still heavier than my large 5 spot with 36s, coil and big eff off tyres though.
    She is a looker though, I’ll certainly give her that.

elzorillo
    Free Member

Did anyone else just whizz off to the SpaceX site, worried that they were missing something? 😳

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Anybody else waiting for their Rocket to land today?’ is closed to new replies.