Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Anybody else see the Bath v Gloucester game? Absolute chaos?
  • dantsw13

Rugby has definitely taken second place to the fighting in the second half. Gloucester down to 11 men!!!

duckman

Just settling down to watch it,will enjoy.

DezB
    Free Member

Well, you won’t see much rugby! Didn’t watch much of it (it was on, but so dull I did other things), but the second half was hilarious.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Not seen a punch up like that on a rugby pitch in a long time! Thoroughly enjoyed it!

RustySpanner

🙂

I look forward to reading all such posts from those who would call for mass sterilization if this happened on a football pitch.

anagallis_arvensis

Did Super Gav get thru it with his looks intact.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Rusty, wouldn’t happen on a football pitch – it would be hair pulling and girly slaps! 😆
    Proper old-school derby grudge match, did feel dirty about cheering for Gloucester!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

The tangoed one came on with 4.5 minutes to go & was noticeable by his absence from the fight immediately after! 😆

CountZero

I look forward to reading all such posts from those who would call for mass sterilization if this happened on a football pitch.

If it happened on a footy pitch, it’s highly unlikely to be involving any of the girls on the pitch, it’ll be the Neanderthals in the stands kicking off.

anagallis_arvensis

Thank god gav was ok!!!

One of my favourites
    [video]http://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=s9Z2m6DgwQ4[/video]

anagallis_arvensis

This is a good one too.[video]http://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=JUzwdZYOsEU[/video]

DezB
    Free Member

Thank god gav was ok!!!

They wouldn’t have tried it if he’d been on 😆

[video]http://youtu.be/vXzzSa6HFmU[/video]

anagallis_arvensis

Gavs more of a lover than a fighter, shows the scrap a clean pair of heels here
    [video]http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=PnkTwVQxaw4[/video]

br
    Free Member

Went to watch rugby for the first time in years today, saw about 10 games – Melrose 7’s. 🙂

Fast and hard, and no fighting at all.

RustySpanner

CountZero – Member

If it happened on a footy pitch, it’s highly unlikely to be involving any of the girls on the pitch, it’ll be the Neanderthals in the stands kicking off.

Ah, so it’s not just music then….. 😀

muddydwarf – Member

Rusty, wouldn’t happen on a football pitch – it would be hair pulling and girly slaps!

From someone who likes running around in fancy dress with his weapon out, that’s quite ironic. 😉

Suggsey
    Free Member

Abendanon should have seen a red card too in my opinion he ran in and threw a straight right blatant connecting with head of Peronese!
    Shame all the grudge scrapping detracted from Bath playing better……as fo the ref,I think he was given a thankless task trying to keep the game under any control and also sounds like Gloucester blatantly cheated re the spare prop and uncontested scrums!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Some unpleasant rumours about Glos fans throwing bottles/various items at the end of the match, hope that isn’t true 🙁

Frankers
    Free Member

Not all Gloucester fans are Twunts, though they seem to have the worst rep for badly behaving fans… like football fans

tinybits
    Free Member

They are pretty appalling, quite happy to shout and swear opponents and their supporters. Ok it’s not all of them, but it’s enough so that I’d never take my kids with me to a game there. I’ve also seen a photo of the (empty) coke bottle that’s certainly in the air as the ref makes his way back down the tunnel, I don’t know which way it’s traveling, but it’s not unreasonable to suppose its towards the refs head.

Pretty unbelievable game, not sure if the stop start whistle happy ref was the cause of the frustration, certainly there was more niggle than rugby!

MrOvershoot

After living in Gloucester for 8 years I agreed with the suggestion that many hadn’t evolved past the caveman stage, that was 20 years ago but talking to people who live close to the area it still seems to stand!

ourmaninthenorth

There are only two sporting events officially allowed to call themselves a “Derby”. This is what happens at the one that isn’t horse racing. Yes, that is Andy Farrell….

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy9hUfbojOQ&sns=em[/video]

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It must really annoy pedants when every other game between local sides gets called a derby and there’s nothing they or some stuffy old lord can do about it. 🙂

ourmaninthenorth

One lives with it if it helps the peasants think they have a meaningful life.

CountZero

Rusty Spanner – Member
    CountZero – Member

Ah, so it’s not just music then…..

Que? What has music gotta do with my feelings about football? A bunch of grossly overpaid primadonnas poncing around on a football pitch does not an edifying spectacle make, and many others have made their opinions plain about football, including muddydwarf, many times in the past.
    I wasn’t the one who coined the term ‘wendyball’, for a start.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You were quite insulting to the crowds at women’s’ football games though. I’ve never seen Neanderthals at them. It’s usually quite a good crowd to be fair.

anagallis_arvensis

As usual SuperGavinHenson on twitter can explain all

Undisciplined display from Glos today – apparently all stemming from a pre-match argument about who was getting Big Gav’s shirt post-game.

Pigface
    Free Member

The Shed can be a bit boisterous but likening the fans to football is just daft.

DezB
    Free Member

Best bit was Jimmy Cowen offering Agulla a fight in the “bike sheds” after the game.. then coming down and having words when they were both subbed off. So funny.

gwaelod
    Free Member

a_a – thats brilliant

tinybits
    Free Member

Pigface – Member

The Shed can be a bit boisterous but likening the fans to football is just daft.

I think it’s reasonable to draw some parallels, there’s not many rugby grounds I get constant abuse (verbal and pushing) for having the audacity to turn up in a Tigers shirt, or that throw things at the ref / a supporters bus.
    Slippery slope!

Anyway, the simple fact is Gloucester are shit, and get constantly muscled out of the game. If I watched that week in week out, I might be a bit unhappy as well.

Very funny from agent orange though!

Pigface
    Free Member

If you wear a Tigers shirt and have that attitude about the team you are playing then no wonder you get grief. You sound like Richard Cock it’s everyone elses fault not ours 😉

I could cite you Tigers fans leaving the Liberty saying loudly how they frickin hate Wales and the place is a shit hole etc etc. Bad losers I would call it. 😆

gwaelod
    Free Member

few years back I went to see Blues v Tigers at a European match at MS. Took the kids (3&5) as it was cheap as chips. We sat down, and then 10mins later were surrounded by a horde of tigers fans and their beer.

They were ace. A great bunch.

RustySpanner

CountZero – Member

Rusty Spanner – Member

CountZero – Member
    Ah, so it’s not just music then…..

Que? What has music gotta do with my feelings about football?
    Both subjects you seem to be enthusiastic about.
    Same here. 🙂

I just don’t get this.
    I like every sport that doesn’t involve horses.
    The need to project my own negativity onto one sport’s entire fanbase, players and fans strikes me as odd.

And it’s a bit sad really isn’t it?

DezB
    Free Member

Both subjects you seem to be enthusiastic about

Nice way of putting it 😉

(Me too 🙂 )

RustySpanner

I like to think the best of people, so I assume it’s one of those things that people just pretend to believe, such as trickle down economics and not liking The Beatles. 😀

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Anybody else see the Bath v Gloucester game? Absolute chaos?’ is closed to new replies.