Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 97 total)
  • Any word on 10@Kirroughtree results?
  • jimmyshand
    Free Member

As above.

mrplow
    Free Member

I heard the trails took a hell of a beating? 🙁 Is there a committment to repair them after the race?

radoggair
    Free Member

Dont talk to me about 10 @ kirro.

It twas a nightmare i tell ye!!

Prob get results mid week sometime

jimmyshand
    Free Member

Hmmm. Did you win again?

radoggair
    Free Member

Hmmm. Did you win again?

close, i was leading after 5 hours until i pulled out with horrendous hand cramps and numbness. Thought it would be safer to retire rather than risk hurting myself even more, plus with the weather and how bad some of the trail got i wasn't really enjoying it that much. Maybe next time 🙂

jimmyshand
    Free Member

Wise decision.

radoggair
    Free Member

thankyou. now i must sleep knowing i threw it all away 🙁

Northwind

From what I've heard it was the smart decision. Not regretting my own decision to drop out in the slightest, we still got bloody soaked but we weren't paying for the privilege or spending a day driving there and back :mrgreen: But full marks to everyone racing in poor conditions.

MS
    Free Member

They had to cut the race short by 1 hour due to the course being a mud fest, darkness and a lot of folk getting karted off to hospital!

Good event though, glad I wasn't solo though would have been majorly tough.

radoggair – leading by 22 seconds after 5 hours though!!!

warton
    Free Member

I did it solo and pulled out after 4.5 hours. I fell off three times in the space of 15 minutes, and decided enough was enough, and to be honest I wasn't enjoying it that much!. The normal trails were fine, the off piste stuff was a death trap, just as I was leaving I saw a woman with what looked like a broken shoulder / collarbone so probably a wise decision!

Well done to any solos who finished!!

forge197
    Free Member

Well done to those who took part sounds epic.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

I was half of a pair that retired after 6 hours. The weather couldn't have got much worse in the afternoon and parts of the track were getting so bad that they were plain scary – especially the long rooty 'slope of doom' abour a mile in.

Well done to Radoggair for his performance, seeing as he got off a plane from Tenerife at 1am on Saturday morning, drove to Kirro and competed without sleep 😯

warton
    Free Member

was Emma Guy Racing? I ask because I saw a woman in hub kit go down said 'slope of doom' so fast, it was amazing to watch, as I went down unclipped, one foot on the floor, back brake locked on, front wheel going sideways as it pleased…

mtbcut
    Free Member

Absolutely loved it… course was fantastic, even with the mud! Props to No Fuss for keeping it running smoothly and producing a fantastic technical endurance course.

downgrade
    Free Member

bigdugsbaws – Member

I was half of a pair that retired after 6 hours. The weather couldn't have got much worse in the afternoon and parts of the track were getting so bad that they were plain scary – especially the long rooty 'slope of doom' abour a mile in.

One of the 'slopes of doom' was taped off towards the end with a different route around it. Agree with above though, watching the fastest riders in those sections was amazing.

swiss01
    Free Member

i went round it for a practice on wednesday, before the rain, and hordes of folk. it was lovely, it was sublime but i thought to myself, you know i really wouldn't fancy this if it was raining and there was hundreds of folk.

even as i drive past on saturday i still had a twinge of regret (maybe even a bit of guilt as i settled down to fine food and a bit of a sleep later). well done to those who took part. sounds…..interesting!

fisha
    Free Member

I managed 4 laps as solo. I think there would have just been enough for a 5th lap, but i was completely gubbed as I'd come off a nigh shift with only an hours sleep in between.

Track wise, I thought it was fab. The gravel trails themselves held up very well, I wouldn't have said that there would need to be that much repair. The mud / offroad sections chopped up really bad though. I'm glad I took the Coiler to go round. The travel on that saved my bacon a good number of times … or I wouldnae have balls left !

A good few specatular spills / slides … me included. A chap behind me on the very last section said I should have got a prize for my efforts.

Good all round, if only a little spoiled by the weather.

mrplow
    Free Member

Sounds good then as I love Kirroughtree and not bothered about off piste parts as that is expected :mrgreen:

AntM
    Free Member

Pretty tired today after the efforts of yesterday.
    Managed 7 laps, legs were ok at the end but my arms and hands were shattered near the end, last 2 laps I couldn't manage 1 finger braking! Brutal course but enjoyed myself none the less.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

AntM – I also managed 7. Your comment about arms and hands is spot on – my legs were ok ish but I was making more and more mistakes on laps 6 and 7 as I couldn't move around on the bike as easily. Lap 7 was hard as well with just the back brake working 😆 I did enjoy the course though, it was a great mix of fast man made stuff and sketchy steep forest singletrack.

Max rspkt to the solo winners though – 9 laps 😮

radoggair
    Free Member

radoggair – leading by 22 seconds after 5 hours though!!!

Was going through a 'bad' lap as well, but still think i could of won it although the guy lying 2nd wasn't hanging about and chances are may of pushed me into 2nd which i would of been happy with.

Think pairs/trio's was a good idea, making every lap practically a sprint althou i found that drinking and eating on the course was pretty limited. You would go through maybe a 20 minute patch without any chance of refuelling which isn't the best

pixelmix
    Free Member

First 10 hour race for me. Did it in a trio which was a good idea, as it gave plenty of time to wash bikes, put on some dry clothes and fuel up before the next lap. I found the course brilliant. A good mix of muddy rooty sections to test handling, and the fast red finish was a blast.

The trails will hopefully be fine when they dry out or the mud gets washed off. The rooty muddy bits are a mess, but they aren't part of the main trails so presumably won't be used much until the next race (SXC or whatever).

Trekster

Some (poor)pics;

Click to run

Thats me on the podium with Andy, 7Stanes trail builder who was doing his 1st event of any kind for 8yrs and was chuffed to get 3rd in quad vets. We chatted to Chris Ross from FE and the forest boss man re repairs/re-routes for next year. Andy has got the bug so look out for improvements next yr.

shotrbreadfanylion^^^^ was 16 solo I think.

Well done everyone who got round.

I was suffering fom jetlag having spent 3wks in and flown home from Canada on Wed/Thurs, spending 20hrs or so in airports and planes before arriving home at 5pm on Fri with enough time to sort my biking gear

jimmy

Despite the conditions I loved it. Did the first two laps and aand came back relatively dry but had to wait 3 hours before getting out for another two. It was a great mix of classic K'tree swoopy singletrack and thick muddy, rooty natural sections which were as exhausting to descend as any of the climbs.

Greig – the guy who was second when you dropped out finished third, winner did 9 laps with 7 mins between 1st and 3rd (if I remember correctly).

Great effort from AntM who never really stopped.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

+2 to Ant, great effort. 6 laps on the singlespeed for me (how about a SS category like some other events) and my legs were done due to cramp which I persevered with for about half the race. Had a lucky escape on the last lap and thankfully they ruled out any mad thoughts I had about going out again.

Did it as a pair and absolutely loved every minute! Despite the dismal conditions everyone seemed to be in great fettle, and the trail banter was brilliant as well. Was about to head out on my 5th lap when the race was stopped, so I'm chuffed at 4 laps even though I was psyched to do the 5th!

Thanks again to the No Fuss team for yet another great event. Half the entry field as 10 Under the Ben, where was everyone? You missed out if you did 10 Under and missed this one. Well worth the long journey to the middle of nowhere! 😛

J0N
    Free Member

I thought the Trail was very good. I wasnt keen on the uphill off piste hike-a-bike but was different. Loved the muddy sections and was proabbly saved by using the bigger bike.
    The trails took a beating with the weather and volume of riders but hopefully not to bad after the mud get washed off.
    Well done to all the riders and thanks to the No fuss and others for the organisation. The constant jet wash was probably a life saver for many peoples bikes, many chain breaks going on and several new drive cains probably required after the weekend.

dickydutch

I thought it was a cracking weekend. Weather was dire and the course was incredibly tough.
    Finished 6th or 7th in the Sen Solo category. Finished my 8th lap in about 9hr 50 something. Only found out theyd put the time back well when into the last lap.

Had one dodgy lap around 5 hours in where I was making daft mistakes, but a couple of gels and all was fine.
    Well done to JB on his 1st place in Solo Vet!

jimmy

The constant jet wash was probably a life saver

ugh, you reminded me of my worst moment… finished all my riding, queue'd in wet clobber for 30mins+ for the jet wash and just as I got it in my hands it packed up! Jumped in the stream to cleam bike, body and clothes all together 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

only the natural sections took a beating – the hardpack stuff was fine

course was excellent i loved it even in the mud – reminded me of racing back in the day at strathyre DH on rigids 😀

i was having a blast in trios having seen the weather forecast and wimping right out of the solo cat not wishing my recent chest infection to come back 2 weeks before a 24 hr TT

was 1/3rd of twa aberdeen rowies and a farfir bridie – with MS above and another team mate

missus T-R won the female solos though – despite her gears packing in due to a wee bend in the mech and leaving her to stomp the last lap with granny middle outer as her selection ! – She is sore today !

very good decision by frazer to cut short – i was one of the last folk to go out on course at 6.20 and in the woods i thought someone had turned the lights out !

trail_rat
    Free Member

oh yeah – plant sprayer saved our lives – lost count of how many bikes/bodys i washed with johny boys plant sprayer. most of the solo vet field at a guess and a few others ……

Kit
    Free Member

I was there in a pair with jimmy, and loved all of it, despite the weather being pretty foul. The natural stuff was a silly laugh and was lucky enough to avoid any bad tumbles. The last blast back to the campsite put a massive grin on my face every time 😀

Sim

Amazing course, just so much fun. Sun and dry trails would have been nice but nowhere near as fun IMO. Good work No Fuss, I'll be back next year.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

That is a superb bit of trail, everytime I rode it it made feel like I could go round again despite just about crawling up that last steep climb. Respect to the guy on the singlespeed that rode up that.

JB
    Free Member

By eck that was tough… just got home, managed to empty the car, dry off the tent and gazebo, cant face washing the bike, need to eat… again… and sleep!!!
    Did 8 laps, in about 9hrs 15ish which got 1st Place in the Solo Vets :D… and just when I was having doubts that my preparation for SITS in August was going off the boil.
    But a great weekend with Dickydutch and his mates, and a massive thanks to Sho for looking after us so well… 9hrs standing in the rain just to hand us a bottle as we went past… what a star!

JB
    Free Member

Oh yeah… I want to know who emptied the contents of a Grow-bag down my shorts when I wasnt looking!!!???

trail_rat
    Free Member

i concur JB – my bath was brown – and i showered first ! – toenails wont clean ! ive scrubbed and scrubed and they still have mud engrained round the sides ! GRR

missus woke up with dreadlocks this morning – we camped last night too. She is having fun trying to get them out !

Resin42
    Free Member

Fantastic weekend, my first race of any kind. Did it as part of a pair, we got 5 laps in, I had two flats and a pump fail on my second lap which cost us about an hour. My third lap was probably my best, got to grips with the mud (well, kinda) and had a good blast on the last descent.

Props to No Fuss for a great event, I'll definitely be up for 10 more at Moray.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Anyone got any pics? There were a few photographers out on the course.

keavo
    Free Member

shite weather, great race, great crack on the course. did it with 2 roadie/mtb novices (gruppo sportif bert prologue) that i used to race with 20 years ago…..they found it interesting:-)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Any word on 10@Kirroughtree results?’ is closed to new replies.