Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Any recommendations for super airy summer gloves?
  • JonR
    Free Member

Looking for a new set of riding gloves for a riding holiday in a very warm climate. Can anyone suggest a well ventilated mitten?

Suggestions to MTFU and go without gratefully received.

stevede
    Free Member

Not a mitten but 661 rajis are really nice summer gloves imo.

honourablegeorge

Troy Lee Air

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

+1 for 661 Rajis, great gloves. Been riding in them for over a year and just bought another pair.

Do you want full finger gloves though? I would have thought fingerless, open backed, old school roadie gloves would be better? Think Specialized and Endura do mitts or something similar.

Pyro

I love my Speccy BG Ridge gloves – full finger but lightweight and cool even in summer.

clubber
    Free Member

I don’t find my Troy Lee Airs to be particularly well ventilated. My spesh BG ridge ones are much better for that though maybe not so robust.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

661 Raji

BigJohn

I’ve just got back from a week’s riding in Turkey. Very hot conditions and I used a pair of Rapha black leather mitts. I thought they would be too warm (as I hate hot hands) but they were perfect.

JonR
    Free Member

Thanks all for your suggestions, I’ll be off to CRC to check out the look of what’s been mentioned.

Handsomedog
    Free Member

I won a set of Novik gloves at the Black Mountains 3 Day and they are ace. Definitely recommended.

stumpy01

The Specialized ones are good with the mesh back – might be the ridge mentioned above.

Only issue is if you are in a thorny location, they tend to snag easily.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Another +1 for Raji’s. Had my first pair for a couple of months now, lovely. Particularly in lime green, Mmmm.

Lemony
    Free Member

Race Face Podiums are fully mesh backed gloves, I have an older pair which is basically the same and love them on muggy days.

Burchy1
    Free Member

661 Raji’s, although i think i saw some Royal gloves that were very similar in the CRC sale the other day.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Any recommendations for super airy summer gloves?’ is closed to new replies.