• This topic has 177 replies, 43 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Muke.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 178 total)
  • Any news on SSUK 2014
  • cyclebiker

Hello all, can I ask does can anyone have a link to the ssuk web site please, I was wondering if it was worth arranging to bring the family for the day. Does anyone know what the ride/race/saunter has in store for us? Is it laps of a course, a huge ride around the midlands or a trip to the pub and back?

I’ve tried googling it but there does not seem to be any info out there?

rOcKeTdOg

http://ssuk2014.co.uk

Just posted a link to this on the SSUK14 group on FB. Expect Taz or Keef to appear any minute

cyclebiker

Thanks RDog, I’m not on Facebook and was looking for a .com….thanks for the help.
    The bike is stripped and ready for a single gear and a couple of weeks to get used to it!

pop-larkin
    Free Member

It’s all 3 at different times of the weekend!

tazzymtb

Friday turn up at the campsite pitch a tent. .if you arr early enough, mooch off with one of the guided rides…sign in…get yiu goody bag….look at the shiny things you have been given for free by the gorgeous and remarkablly well endowed sex god organsiers…take part in thgiggly singletracker racing…make friends. .meet old ones. ..drink and party until sleepy time.

Saturday- wake with a hangover. ..eat your body weight in cooked pig in a bun, riders get taken over to the start line (about 3 miles from campsite)….fk around for a bit cos its a single speed thing and we can’t be seen to be tooooo organised, ride a fab 4 lap event with some giggly single track, woopy bita, big drops and grunter climbs, partake of the event beer at the feed station (thats right..we even have a beer made just for us) someone cones over the line first boy and girl…we all ride back to campsite…give many many prizes…find out who has one the main super prize in a fking big surly box that has just arrived from the states..have your free curry… heckle….have some more prizes and freebees…listen to a couple of live bands and marvel that all of this has been organised by twonof the shonkiest mofos this side if the chuckle brothers

it’ll be shite

cyclebiker

Yeah sounds pants, thanks Taz…I’ll leave the family at home and try and get through it.

Keef
    Free Member

wot Taz sed.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Is there an entrants list anywhere? Just want to check I’ve got an entry, it being a shonky Singlespeed event. 😀

aa
    Free Member

If i get there at 8.30 on Friday what will i have missed?

also, a entrants list, as opposed to an entrance list, would be good.

nedrapier

“Do you require assistance?”

“Urr, yeah. I’d like ten assistants please.”

qwerty
    Free Member

What times the local church service on Sunday?

rOcKeTdOg

If i get there at 8.30 on Friday what will i have missed

Somewhere to put your tent?

Not expecting to get there until Saturday myself

Keef
    Free Member

er,no. no entrants list,got better things to do,like sort out beer,food,camping,Panthers,course,entertainments,ghosts,prizes,food,insurance,permission of landowners,dogging,Panthers, Tshirts,sponsors,weather,rides,Panthers,cave men,etc,you know,just little things like those…..(did I mention Panthers ?)

if you don’t know if you’re coming or not,come anyway,if you haven’t paid you won’t get any of those nice shiny things,but we will make you share Taz’s tent,after he’s drunk all the Absinthe,oh and Lubricant,there will be Lubricant (if you’re lucky)….

Keef
    Free Member

9 days…..

nedrapier

Is there a kit list?

Do we need any special equipment?

D0NK

Sounding good
    got a rough time for the friday ride?

riding sunday morning too?

nedrapier

Don’t worry. I think I’ve got most of it from your post before.

Panther saddle
    Dog for dogging
    Absinthe Lubricant
    Cocktail shaker
    Poss. bicycle (?)

tazzymtb

Ned has it in one. Donk, yep yhere may be unofficial rides on sunday..I’ll be taking a hungover slow but tech and fun singletrack mob out if folks fancy it..lots of steep off camber joy and cake….

Clink

As ctbm would say, I only brake for cake 😀

martinh
    Free Member

Hasn’t it been cancelled yet?

rOcKeTdOg

Have the pebbles been properly polished?

funkynick

I shall be taking out my unofficial pebble polishing cloth on a ride tomorrow, but seeing as I have no idea where I will be going I might or might not polish the correct pebbles…

But that seems to be totally in accordance with the nature of the event!

Keef
    Free Member

no pebbles off piste 😉

funkynick

True, it was mostly just all mud last time I went for a ride!

takisawa2

So what time is it likely to kick off on Sat then ?

igm

Good point. I won’t be there until Saturday – so what time is the official registration, scrutineering and riders’ briefing please?*

And will there be a check for anyone with any UCI sanctioned race licences so they can be “excluded”?

*or when do I pick up any pre-event goody bags and chuck my bike on the big pile?

Keef
    Free Member

ok, so briefly

Friday,9.00 onwards rego open.
    11.30 ish poss guided ride.
    2.00 bar open,5 local ales,a stout,and a nice cider.all £2.80 a pint ! (fully licensed,Church End brewery)
    some time after 2.00 roller racing heats open,free entry for all SSUK’ers (prizes to be won) all courtesy of EDS bikes !
    later. poss eve ride,depends on numbers and general sobriety 😉
    11.00ish roller race final,yes it is 1k and yes you will prob. be sick (if you’re not,then you ain’t tryin)
    bar open until 12.00 !

Sat.
    8.00 -breakfast available on site from Spring Slade cafe,which will be open for food and beverages all ‘normal times’ during wknd.
    8.00-10.00 rego open for Johny-come-lately,etc…
    10.00 rider briefing,
    10.15 ride out to ‘race’ course (this is approx 3 miles from camp site)
    10.45 you carefully place your bikes in neat rows ready for the ‘race’ signal
    11.00 we move and hide all of your bikes.
    11.15. GO !

4 laps of the nicest ever SSUK course 😉 don’t whine if you can’t ride it all,just MFU ! (we’ve been riding most of it for years,and only had one or two deaths)

2.30 ish all gather at finish for mass ride back to camp,if you want to ride back on your own earlier or later,that’s fine,just look out for Panthers and doggers ….
    We ain’t yer mums,so don’t cry if you get lost fall off or get eaten,etc.
    Bar once again open ’til 12.00
    usual shenanigans all eve,inc,tall bike race,bike wanging,stupid competitions for awsum prizes etc…
    presentations.drinking,oh and we are gonna feed you all around 7.00 ish.
    Sundee,
    breaky from 8.00 available to buy from the cafe.
    rest of day,chill out,maybe do a bit of ridin,tidy up and then **** off.

ok,so as you have now realised,this has all been ‘organised’ by a pair of idiots,ably assisted by a couple of hangers on,an general so called mates…(mahoosive thanks to all involved,you know who you are) and as such,all times are to be taken as vague,at best.

there will be loads more to do,mainly more drinking and riding,but we really don’t know exactly when we will fit it all in,but we will try !
    Serious shit.
    1. the Chase is a very family orientated area,please don’t upset the locals,keep Sweary Mary at home (as much as poss)
    2. this is a private campsite,family run by a very cool couple,Kaye and Richard,without them,this event could not of happened.respect.
    3.every goody bag will contain a black bin bag,USE IT for all your rubbish,and please take it home with you after,we have no means of disposing of 200+ people’s rubbish (or rubbish people)
    always more bags from Rego if required.
    4.wildlife.the Chase is there for the ickle animals(and big eat-u-up feckers),burdies pretty flowers an that,an creepy-crawlies,etc,oh,that reminds me ,walkers and hoss riders and all.
    please don’t piss any of them off in any way.
    5.enjoy,partay on,be cool.

cheers.

Clink

Bloody hell an itinerary!! Did you get consultants in?!? 😆

Hoping to make it there by 7 Friday all being well.

igm

Excellent. Thanks for that Keef.

tazzymtb

Keef..you forget to add bands…we have two bands on saturday night as well, so bring your dancing pants. We are aiming for this to be one of the bestest ss events ever so please come and ride hard, party harder, make new friends, cuddle old acquaintances and generally be excellent to each other. Xx

Keef
    Free Member

I knew there’d be something I’d forgot,doh … 😉

aa
    Free Member

Should i volunteer to emcee??

Keef
    Free Member

er,ok,if u like 😯

Muke
    Free Member

Blimey you fellas better slow down a bit, it’s in danger of being a well organised event 😉

qwerty
    Free Member

Sounds great. I’ll probably head off direct from work & arrive around 9:30pm on Friday, will I experience any difficulty gaining access in the dark?

Keef
    Free Member

qwerty, you’ll be fine.

MrSparkle

Will there be subtitles for those who don’t speak Brummie, loik?

Keef
    Free Member

R.

funkynick

Having just seen this post from tazzy, and reading this thread, I’m getting just a little worried that despite the protests from the organisers on here, they do actually appear to know what they are doing…

How have we possibly let this happen to a SSUK event!

Yours,

Disgusted of Rugeley

tazzymtb

Yeh, it’s all a ploy…just wait until you discover that keef is an accountant and I’m a cardiovascular consultant, with no tattoos

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 178 total)

The topic ‘Any news on SSUK 2014’ is closed to new replies.