Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 369 total)
  • Any Manchester United Supporters in?
  • alexpalacefan

Just wanted to say

EEEEEAGLES!

Just got back from Old Trafford, very pleased indeed 🙂

APF

yossarian
    Free Member

I was waiting for your post.

It’s always great to take a premier league scalp, it should be tempered with the now obvious truth that it’s against a team in decline. And a manager in decline. 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

binners, Junkyard, Harry The Spider, don simon and many others will be along to congratulate you. 🙂

Jeez though, that first goal. 😯

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Bregante

yossarian – Member

It’s always great to take a premier league scalp, it should be tempered with the now obvious truth that it’s against a team in decline. And a manager in decline.

*Quote saved on my laptop for re-posting (ramming down your throat) in 6 months. 😈

GlitterGary
    Free Member

It’s ok, Man U can now concentrate on the league. That they aren’t going to win.

yossarian
    Free Member

*Quote saved on my laptop for re-posting (ramming down your throat) in 6 months.

I can see that happening if fergie buys a ref in the transfer window….and about 11 new players.

donsimon
    Free Member

Got to love the Man U haterz.

Ambrose and espescially Murray must be right chuffed, scoring a late winner in such an important game must give you a real buzz.

binners

We could do with someone who knows where the back of the net is. If we’d have had someone with their shooting boots on? We had enough chances.

Fair play though. Palace’s first goal was absolutely stunning! What Gibson was trying repeatedly all night, with no success.

It’s always great to take a premier league scalp, it should be tempered with the now obvious truth that it’s against a team in decline. And a manager in decline.

Ah well. Being in terminal decline, I suppose we’ll just have to make do with challenging for another premiership and another Champions League title.

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

I thought you were going somewhere else there darcy

binners, Junkyard, Harry The Spider, don simon and many others – can you hear me? Your boys took a hell of a beating!

yossarian
    Free Member

I know it’s hard to accept, but facing the truth now will ease the disappointment later. Obviously watching City win the league will be hard and sliding out of Europe before the final hurdle will be tough but these things are character building and ultimately good for the soul. 😉

binners

Obviously watching City win the league will be hard and sliding out of Europe before the final hurdle will be tough

Remember this time last season? The premiership was Chelsea’s apparently. Remind me who won it again? And as the Champions League go’s – I think you’ll find we reserve the right to lose to Barcelona in the final! 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

radtothepower,

Who?

Me?

Never!

🙂

alexpalacefan

Premier League, good luck to you, don’t make it too easy for the Blue half. Can’t see the Toon keeping it up, but good luck to Spurs too.

Champions League; Fair enough, until Palace a up there (in my life-time???) happy to support a UK club.

But, until the crash back to earth when out beasted players take on Derby tomorrow,

EEEEEEEEEEAGLES!

apf

binners

It was a good match last night. You deserved the win. I’d actually like to see Palace win it. As that would mean beating the Scousers or our noisy neighbours 😀

As for the premiership – Someone on Five Live made a great comment about Fergie’s attitude and approach, saying “Fergie doesn’t think the Premiership begins ‘properly’ until there’s ten games left to play!”

How true

IHN

binners, I love your positive attitude but, and I say this as Red, we’re not very good this season though, are we?

binners

We’re not too clever, no. Mind you, that’s never stopped us before. I remember watching us grind out a thoroughly undeserved win aginst West Brom, at home, at the start of last season and thinking “we haven’t got a cat in hells chance”

Chelsea were walking it at that point. Same as City are now

singletrackmind

And now go on to loose to Cardiff.
    CPFC probably would have preferred Liverpool for the revenue , or Man City. Bowing out to the biggest teams is certainly no disgrace. This would leave the club to concentrate on reaching the play offs at least .
    Glad Palace won , been a long time coming .

trailmonkey

binners, I love your positive attitude but, and I say this as Red, we’re not very good this season though, are we?

i don’t think that you were that great last season. luckily for man utd every one else was worse. probably the worst prem season for a while in terms of strength in depth quality, although i have to admit that it made for an exciting season where there was little to choose between anyone in any given game.

different this season. there is one stand out team already.

Harry_the_Spider

A bit late to this one but I’d just like to make it clear that I couldn’t give a #### about Manchester United or Manchester City[/u].

That is all.

Carry on.

hora
    Free Member

I’ll say this. This years title won’t be won by the team with a massive goal difference advantage.

You can bang away 5 goals as much as you want but its only +1 goal thats needed to get those 3points.

Man City will be runners up.

I’m not a ManU fan but I do love hearing the Manc’s next door laughing and shouting curses when the Man U games on telly!!! 😆

thehustler
    Free Member

Just a thought for all those that say MU are sh@t, in the last two decades MU have won more premier league titles than the rest of the division put together, so if they really are sh@t how bad must the rest be?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Hang on, Scummers moaning already??

Have you forgotten this?

I’m not sure if I’ll ever witness such a comprehensive spanking of one top club by another, ever again. It’s had the fantastic benefit of shutting up all the Whinger Arse fayns down here in That London, cos if they even so much as mention any title aspirations this season, you just say ‘eight-two’, and they shut up straight away. So, Thank You, Man U! 😆

TBH though I’m more concerned with why Liverpool can beat the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea, yet not the likes of Fulham, Norwich and Swansea. The Liverpool players seem to like woodwork more than I do….

yossarian
    Free Member

I dont think anyone is questioning uniteds record in domestic competitions in the last two decades, although you could argue that they’ve underachieved in Europe. The SAF era is coming to a close however, honestly who from the united starting 11 would get into the city team today? United are weaker now that probably at any point in the last decade. I’d say that spurs have a stronger squad at the minute. I’m firmly of the belief that the special one will take over from bacon face at the end of this or next season and spend massively. All good really.

cheburashka
    Free Member

Isn’t a 6-1 away victory more comprehensive than 8-2 at home? Just a thought like. It’s a funny old season, underachievers and overachievers haven’t evened out yet.

donsimon
    Free Member

Does that mean the results are going to be or should be weighted, or is it still just 3 points for a win?

hora
    Free Member

What is interesting is the variety of players knocking them away for ManCity. Its not just one ‘Ronaldo’ etc is it? Yes Balotelli but fears of a drought post-the whinging want-away-fella? Does anyone miss the downed-tools-fella at City?!!

binners

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Isn’t a 6-1 away victory more comprehensive than 8-2 at home?

No, and I’ll explain why:

Man U and Arsenal are two of the biggest names in English, and indeed, Yerpean and even World football. Man City and Spuds are Johnny-come-latelys who have never bin anywhere near either of the other two in terms of achievement. Arsenal alone have won more trophies than City and Spuds put together.

Spuds may be doing well at the moment, and they have a decent manager (until he takes the England job…), but they jolly well have not won owt big in a long time now, only the League Cup in 2008. And City are just a billionaire’s plaything, only doing well cos they’ve spent hundreds of millions of pounds on some of the best players around. The new Chelsea.

And don’t forget, City got done 8-1 by Middlesborough just a few seasons ago….

So, Man U 8-2 against Arsenal is a far more significant result in terms of footballing history, mystique, folklore and that jumpers for goalposts is not it.

Hope that clears things up.

binners

I’ll say it again: This time last season the Premiership was Chelseas apparently. They were walking away with it, and no-one could touch them. Well that ended well, didn’t it.

Its a bloody mugs game predicting who’s going to win it at this stage. We’ll see where we are after the pile up of Christmas fixtures and a shed-load of injuries. The Premiership doesn’t even start til then. Fergie knows this more than anyone.

Its not like City are unbeatable anyway. Loom at their form in Yurp.

hora
    Free Member

“Welcome to the end of your career”

Just how long has it been since hes played a competitive match again? Its only been 3months but times ticking isn’t it. Doubt sets into clubs and the best he may end up being offered is a loan or pay-per-play if hes not careful!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Tevez is doing the right thing by himself if you ask me. Like City actually give a stuff about any of their players anyway; they’re just a bunch of mercenaries to be bought and sold like cattle, and discarded when no longer useful. What they’ve done to players like SWP and several others is disgraceful. Buy them, then deny them the first team top-level footy they deserve according ot their abilities. So they languish in the reserves and have to shuffle along to make way for the next Big Star that comes along.

The sooner F1-style budget caps are introduced, plus a maximum squad size per season, the better. The way teams like Man City operate is bad for football.

Tevez knows City don’t want to lose out financially by having to let him go, so he’s trying to force their haynd. If they sack him, he’s free to join another club and they won’t get a penny. If he acts the way he is, his ‘value’ drops dramatically, and City will end up having to sell him at a loss, just to get rid of him. I don’t blame him anyway; he’s had to suffer a manager slagging him off publicly and making up stuff not one other player has backed up, and a club trying to wreck his career as a footballer.They shooduv let him leave last January, when he wanted to.

I’d like to see Carlos sign for another club, then end up scoring a hat-trick which sends City crashing out of the Champignons’ League, preferably semi-final when all the Sky Blues have got their inflated little hopes up. That would be poetic justice…

hora
    Free Member

Like City actually give a stuff about any of their players anyway

Totally agree and a players career is only as long as he keeps giving results but they are/were paying him close to a 1/4million a week. For that sort of money you’d expect an employee to turn not just turn up for work but also look abit lively.

If I sent a few texts to my boss late at night saying ‘yeah is it alright if I go to Magaluf for holiday for two weeks now- you ok with that’?

What would happen?!!!

yossarian
    Free Member

Tevez is doing the right thing by himself if you ask me. Like City actually give a stuff about any of their players anyway; they’re just a bunch of mercenaries to be bought and sold like cattle, and discarded when no longer useful.

That’s the premier league for you, the amounts of money involved these days means that there is no room for loyalty or sentiment any more. All clubs are guilty of it, not just city.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

What would happen?!!!

“Yeah, off you go Mark. We might actually get something done.” 🙂

binners

Has he gone yet? 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

There’s a pretty realistic chance Utd could exit the CL this week. Everybody’s saying “only need a draw”. Neither outcome would surprise me of course. I’d be very surprised if City make it though.

hora
    Free Member

Those texts between Tevez and Mancini

Im going boss, you hurt me and I don’t feel the love.

If you go I’ll **** kick you in the cock

Sorry boss my English isn’t so good. Did you say have a great kick around and a lockin whilst you are out there?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

binners – Member
    Has he gone yet?

He’s making sure to leave the price of a round behind the bar first.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Hora; Tevez wanted to leave last Winter. City said no. Several clubs were interested in him this Summer. City slapped a massive price tag on him. Effectively blocking him from leaving. Then, in spite of him continuing to put in great performances and tons of effort, repeatedly left him on the bench. This, a player who at just about any other club would be guaranteed 1st 11 week in week out. That’s the kind of player Tevez is. Hungry to play.

So, City weren’t the right club for him. But instead of accepting this and letting him go, they acted like ****s and prevented this. Would you be happy if your employers woon’t let you leave, but woon’t let you do your job propperly either? When other employers were willing to take you on?

All clubs are guilty of it, not just city.

City and Chelsea are by far and away the worst, though.

Liverpool, by contrast, allowed Joe Cole to go to Lille on loan. Where he’s doing really well, playing in CL and everything. This has the effect of giving him playing time at top level, increasing his possible future options and also his transfer value if he were to move rather than return. This is far better for the individual player, and for football. City cooduv let Tevez go elsewhere on loan, but they blocked that too. Proper scum.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member

Isn’t a 6-1 away victory more comprehensive than 8-2 at home?

No, and I’ll explain why:

Man U and Arsenal are two of the biggest names in English, and indeed, Yerpean and even World football. Man City and Spuds are Johnny-come-latelys who have never bin anywhere near either of the other two in terms of achievement. Arsenal alone have won more trophies than City and Spuds put together.

Spuds may be doing well at the moment, and they have a decent manager (until he takes the England job…), but they jolly well have not won owt big in a long time now, only the League Cup in 2008. And City are just a billionaire’s plaything, only doing well cos they’ve spent hundreds of millions of pounds on some of the best players around. The new Chelsea.

And don’t forget, City got done 8-1 by Middlesborough just a few seasons ago….

So, Man U 8-2 against Arsenal is a far more significant result in terms of footballing history, mystique, folklore and that jumpers for goalposts is not it.

Hope that clears things up.

hmmmm im not so sure genuine man united fans would agree with that….the importance of that result had fergie saying ‘its the worst result in my time in football’…the only result that would have hurt more than the city thrashing would be liverpool winning 6-1 against them…..

beating arsenal 8-2 was incredible, incredibly bad for arsenal…but at the time arsenal were absolute horse shite nearing the bottom of the table, are were depleted on self explode and this was the tip of the iceberg for them……

arsenals demise at that time was clear to see to all…even talk of wenger getting sacked FFS….

man city beating a good solid top of the league (2nd) full team 6-1 away from home giving them their first defeat of the season was something else in a derby enviroment etc etc etc……

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 369 total)

The topic ‘Any Manchester United Supporters in?’ is closed to new replies.