Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • any jump parks in edinburgh area
  • norcosix
    Free Member

do any off you guys know if there is any jump parks in the area that have been built up.

there was one down the woods at melville next to bonnyrigg 8 years ago but that has been flattened.

where about is the new musselburgh bmx track. can you use a full sus for jumping at the bmx track ??

Garry_Lager

There's some stuff near the bottom of Corstophine Hill near the road. To my untrained eye it looked like stuff the local kids have thrown together, rather than anything more substantial, but I don't know much about jumps. Maybe its awesome.

Retrodirect
    Free Member

The skatepark that has been talked about for nigh on 10 years opened TODAY!
    http://www.edinburghskatepark.org.uk/

There is a NEW musselburgh bmx track? I went past the other day and was gutted to see that the old yin had been destroyed. Where is it?

norcosix
    Free Member

thats one off the things i want to know. where is it. cant find a location on the net

househusband

There is some newer stuff in the Dalkeith area, close to Melville, that's been built – don't know how it compares to the stuff that was at Melville.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

The new BMX track at mussleburgh is about 50 yards from where the old one was. Its not much good and would be useless with a full sus MTB

There is stuff on the bottom of corstorphine hill next to the road on the south side.

marty
    Free Member

The skatepark that has been talked about for nigh on 10 years opened TODAY!
    more like over 20! meetings about an edinburgh skatepark kicked off when i was skating at bristo c. 1990 and the closest we had to a park was the tollcross wastleland next to goldbergs. looking forward to having a nosey.

jimmy

there's the secret garden at the top of corstrophine hill, too. Not mega-ace, but has potential. See pics here for a vague idea.

norcosix
    Free Member

think i will try the cortorphine hill one. where is the jumps in dalk.

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

Isn't there something at Kingsknowe?

radoggair
    Free Member

livingston has a bmx track and a skatepark

dmoffitt90
    Free Member

Penicuik, Bogwood Trails ? 9 miles away

stanfree
    Free Member

I was at the Mussleburgh BMX track yesterday on a hardtail , Its ok but nothing special . Wouldnt think it would be much good on a full suss.

chriswilk
    Free Member

The Penicuik jumps have been neglected for a year or so. Top half would need some work, bottom half (as picture) would be OK. They need a fair bit of skill and bottle though. If you're lookng for them head out of Penicuik to Carlops and they are just past the last house on the right.
    There is also a skatepark about 200m away in the park

dmoffitt90
    Free Member

penicuik trails, i knew there was a video somewhere

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘any jump parks in edinburgh area’ is closed to new replies.