• This topic has 33 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Any deals on decent flat pedals?
  • minzo
    Free Member

want to get some new pedals, max £50, anyone know of any good deals, I remember a link to a site that sold nanotech copies, anyone know this?

chakaping
    Free Member

they’re out of stock until late Jan, wanted a black pair myself

ready to ride was the site

jedi

lifes about want, my 1st buy of 20111 is a set of canfield flats 🙂

minzo
    Free Member

thanks, any other options?

Kbrembo
    Free Member

I am well happy with my Superstars…taking a real beating and still going strong!

Jedi…Long wait for Canfields !!

Cheers

jedi

how long?? 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member
    carbon337
    Free Member

The ones at Ready2ride are due in on the 20th Jan so they told me today.

Other than them and superstar though I cant find many deals.

I did see though that point one podiums are £105 with free international shipping until 31st December.

Kbrembo
    Free Member

Jedi I think thats… 18100 years and 3 days?

jedi

oh 🙁
    my pedals are ruined and need new ones now!!

racing_ralph
    Free Member

there were some fs on here last night for 80 quid

solarider
    Free Member

Sorry to hijack, but I have a brand new, unfitted set of these:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=8302

Bought for £50, but even though CRC are out of stock, I’ll let ’em go for £40 posted.

carbon337
    Free Member

I cant get over the price of pedals to be honest..

DMR vaults, straitlines etc all about £90

No wonder superstar and HT sell out.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Jedi, sorry to say but you will be soooo disappointed with the cranfields if they are the crampons. You wont believe how little grip they give. After a quick go around the car park with 5 10’s on I said no thanks. look ace but they are shite. Sorry bud.

jedi

the convex platform makes sense to me. i’ll see when i get them 🙂

TheSwede
    Free Member

There is nothing convex about them bud. Flat as a pancake with the axle proud of the body. I hope you get on with them but bejeezus they’re as grippy as a slippy thing on shiny thing.

jedi

we’ll see 🙂

franciscobegbie
    Free Member

Wellgo B54s on CRC for 20 quid.

Northwind

The claimed weight on those El Gallos is what is known in the trade as A Lie- I think that’s the weight per pedal not per pair. And yep, they’re yet another HT Components. The “new” Gussets are another Nano.

I just watched Superstar and HT, the 2 of them vary their prices to compete so if you’re a little patient you can get nanos for £30. I’ve ended up with 2 sets of HTs from Readytoride but could just as easily have been 2 Superstars.

roger_mellie

Kind-of agree with TheSwede – Crampons look great but fail to live up to their looks. I may as well have stuck the ends of two wooden paddles to my cranks and saved >£100. Not just huge, but not very grippy either. Bought on the basis of a recommendation and I see they’ve got another mention again in the staff picks of the year in this issue of ST, so it must be a personal thang.

si-wilson
    Free Member

The Crampons DO have a slight convex shape.

The newer versions have longer pins and a slight change to the shape. Even the older pins I found that the pedals had more grip than anything else I had used before, and the slimness of them really helped with pedal strokes at the top and bottom of the stroke.

The Canfield boys are DH riders and have designed these pedals from the ground up, if they weren’t grippy they would not use them and would totally change the design.

What i do find odd is how people baulk at the price of good pedals, yet will happily spend similar money on bars, seat posts etc for no more noticable performance increase.

jedi

si, when can i expect them?

si-wilson
    Free Member

Canfield are shipping to me in the next week so not long now!

Chainline
    Free Member

Carbon337 Where did you see the podiums for £105? cheers

chakaping
    Free Member

What i do find odd is how people baulk at the price of good pedals, yet will happily spend similar money on bars, seat posts etc for no more noticable performance increase.

Says the expensive pedal peddler. 😉

Sort of see your point on seatposts, but carbon bars offer a distinct comfort and weight advantage over alu ones IMO.

They’re outrageously expensive as well though, had to think long and hard before I pushed the button on a Race Face Sixc bar for £80 the other day. Still makes me wince a bit thinking about it.

carbon337
    Free Member

On the point one site – just go to the page and select United Kingdom and do an exchange rate check- its paypal through dollars so I may be wrong. They were running the free worldwide shipping

http://www.pointoneracing.com/podium/

Total:$179.00 USD

racing_ralph
    Free Member

si – how does this work??

“the slimness of them really helped with pedal strokes at the top and bottom of the stroke.”

v10
    Free Member

I had the misfortune of trying the crampons for a day (with 5-10s). Simply awful, i hope for your sake the ‘slight change in shape’ is actually a total resdesign!

TheSwede
    Free Member

Concave or convex depending on which way you look at it.

Flat!

Chainline
    Free Member

Podiums from Point one work out the same near as dammit with duty/VAT unfortunately, exchange rate at 1.5USD to the £. Ah well, got my hopes up!

jedi

well. i’ll find out 🙂

si-wilson
    Free Member

“the slimness of them really helped with pedal strokes at the top and bottom of the stroke.”

With a normal flat pedal there is a dead spot at the top and bottom of the stroke due the body, with the Crampons, because you are so close to the axle you do not have to rotate the body with your foot, if you know what i mean?

As for grip, many say they are very good, whilst other don’t like them, just like anything i suppose.

I am not sying they are better than anything else, just that they offer a very unique design, though i do understand they are expensive 🙂

jedi

oohhh i want i want i want 🙂

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Any deals on decent flat pedals?’ is closed to new replies.