• This topic has 11 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by JoeG.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Another "whats this worth" retro Alpine Stars
  • fivespot
    Free Member

Alpine Stars CroMega LX (med). Having had this from new (1992 I think) and embarrassingly never used it for mountain biking. Its probably done 50 miles in its life. Everything bar the grips were on the bike the day I bought it, and the grips were put on a week or so later (retro Tioga dayglo) Last time I used it, all gears selected as they should, and brakes worked as well as they should. The steering feels a bit notchy, so a clean regrease and new balls should be all it takes to sort out. It does have storage induced chips and other small marks, but no damage. It seems a shame to keep it unused, and to be honest, I could do with the space.

Soooooooo whats it worth ? 😕

cynic-al
    Free Member

A small market, retrobike will be the best place to look, there MAY be consistent pricing info…

fivespot
    Free Member

cynical-al….just had a look on retrobike, but it isn’t as straight forward as asking on here. Where have all the experts gone 😐 , when you don’t want advice on here, you get pages of it 😆

Stevet1
    Free Member

£100 tops. Whats not straightforward about Retrobike?

coomber
    Free Member

Im a bit of a retrobike geek.

Looks like a 21″?

Last few local to me went about £90-120. As its mint, I’d say £150-180.

There’s a not so tidy one on ebay unsold at £130. That’s always the best place to guage price, click completed auctions to get final sell price.

Link to ebay (nowt to do with me) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alpinestars-Cro-Mega-Lx-/171471097630?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item27ec794f1e

fivespot
    Free Member

Cheers coomber….Frame is 19″, its not mint, due to having the odd chip and scratch from storage, and a bit of surface rust in places.

cookeaa

I really wanted an Chromega when I first got into MTBs, ~25 years ago, mostly because they looked a bit different with the E-stays I suppose…

I’ll give you £60 if your after a quick sale… 😉

bigjim

I love it! I’d take it if I had room, but I don’t.

jamj1974

Really nice OP! If only I had more room…

JoeG
    Free Member

I love it! 🙂 And looks like Biopace.

I really NEED an e-stay bike to add to my growing retrobike collection. An Alpinestars Mega or a Haro Impulse maybe.

But I’m in the US, so yours isn’t really an option… 😥

rustler
    Free Member

I rember an article in a mag in the early 90’s, where the chap did a 100 mile ride around the North East.
    Didn’t Haro do something similar…

JoeG
    Free Member

Didn’t Haro do something similar…

🙄

JoeG – Member

I love it! And looks like Biopace.

I really NEED an e-stay bike to add to my growing retrobike collection. An Alpinestars Mega or a Haro Impulse maybe.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Another "whats this worth" retro Alpine Stars’ is closed to new replies.