Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Another warranty XBox360 or swap for PS3 ?
  • takisawa2

So, my 7 month old XBox has started locking up. 😥
    Pre-Cursor to the red ring so I'm told.
    (Whatever that is).
    This is the replacement for the original that started locking up after 1 month.
    Was just about to get MW2 also.
    So, do I kick & fuss, pay the extra & swap to a PS3 ?

Anyone swapped but preferred the XBox ?

Not really into the online thing, was looking at MW2 mainly because everyone seems to be on about it.!!!

idontlikechips
    Free Member

After 3 xbox 360s i got a bit bored of having to call microsoft every 5 months or so, I swapped to a PS3 and haven't had any problems yet, and that was about a year ago.

colin@rush
    Free Member

I don't have an Xbox 360 but i've got a PS3 that was new when they first came out and its been totally trouble free, i really like it and i'm just beginning to use the other features too, BBC's I-player works really well and i've linked it up to my amp and have been using it as more of a media centre and i'm really impressed, can plug the phone straight in and listen to music from that too, its so much more than just a games console, i gather you can prob do a fair bit with the XBox also, but its hard to fault the PS3, especially considering its a blue ray player too…

iamtheresurrection

I swapped for the same reasons about a month ago. The online experience with the PS3 sucks compared to the XBOX, I'd rather pay for the quality of the service, than get a sub-standard one for free – although it sounds like that's not a priority.

I buy most games second hand, and there's a LOT less choice on the PS3. Cross platform games I've seen so far are probably a bit better on the 360, but those written just for the PS3 are fantastic (Metal Gear Solid springs to mind).

The PS3'sa lot quieter in use, the controllers are better, the Bluray is really good if you like your movies and it generally feels a bit more grown up (I am prepared to accept the irony in that statement).

bereavementmonkey
    Free Member

I had both and settled on the PS3 due to the quality of the hardware.

The online experience is AOK and has never been a problem. Sure you may not get a lot of online bells and whistles but to be honest after spunking £400 on a console when they came out I did not want to sign up to a contract to play it!

Having the built in HDD, Wireless and not forgetting that it plays THE HD standard means that it is part of the living room and not only brought out to play…

Not as many games but not as high a % of crap ones either!

Uncharted 2 is possibly the most amazing thing you will see on a console and CODMW2 is on online joyfest…. forget about HALO (which was a Mac game microsoft bought).

Drac

I have both had the 360 for almost 3 years now and it's not been a bit of bother, had the PS3 for almost 2 years now it's been not trouble either. Errr! That didn't help did it.

Ok fix it and then trade it in somewhere is you fancy a PS3, that said Sainsburys were doing slimline PS3s for £200.

the_lecht_rocks

i have both.
    i prefer the xbox 360 controller – the ps3 doesnt have rumble either and is too small for adult hands.
    the 360 is a proper gaming console and the ps3 a cheap blu-ray / media controller.

Drac

I should have added.

I prefer the PS3 it has dual shock feed back, controller is smaller but you get use to it and means my kids can use it too. It's a great gaming console with the benefit of Blu-ray and free online gaming.

theflatboy
    Free Member

i use the ps3 all the time – got play tv on it so everything we watch/record is done on it, plus the blurays and gaming of course! even my girlfriend loves it. 🙂

takisawa2

Thanks all. I bought it thinking I'd get into this online gaming lark, but got bored of it pretty quickly. Probably cos I only ever get about an hour or so in & around the children/family etc. And 99% of the time I'm just arsing about on GTA4 in single-player mode. Think I'll chop it for a PS3 while I can.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

i have both.
    i prefer the xbox 360 controller – the ps3 doesnt have rumble either and is too small for adult hands.
    the 360 is a proper gaming console and the ps3 a cheap blu-ray / media controller.

ps3 has dualshock II . And consistently gets best in test reviews when tested as a bluray player alone in the <£400 Market. And plays games every bit as well as an Xbox. And is MUCH quieter. And I am an adult and find the controller a perfect size – and there are lots of other adults on here that have ps3s and I have never heard one say the controller is too small

iamtheresurrection

I have never heard one say the controller is too small

It was for me, at first at least. I had a PSOne yonk ago and XBOX ever since. It took me about two weeks (which in my world, is about two hours of actually using it) to get used to it, but now I MUCH prefer it…

bigrich

say what you like about the 360, the controller is pretty much the best evolution yet. like the love child of the n64 and the dreamcast.

insist on the replacment xbox has the newer chipset. you can see the manufacturing date on the side of the console.

I got both but if theres a multiformat game I get it xbox for the controller issue.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Another warranty XBox360 or swap for PS3 ?’ is closed to new replies.