Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Another Planet-X whinge with rear mech hanger advice needed
  • DavidB
    Free Member

I busticated the rear mech hanger on my Planet X XLS frame.

This hanger has 3 screw holes to fix it into the frame. I asked Planet-X which model was required to replace it, they pointed me to their website and I ordered the part accordingly. FSPXFRCNCMH-BLK-XLS.

A few days later the hanger arrives, it has 2 screw holes and does not align with the frame at all. I contacted support and was advised to return it, which I did. I included a photo of the original and wrong hangers to make sure the mistake would not be made again.

But of course, it was. Today the replacement arrived, exactly the same as the last one. Completely wrong and with only two screw holes.

Can I get this hanger from another company anywhere who might actually send the right one?

DavidB
    Free Member

Correct one is the silver top one

large418
    Free Member

Would be quicker to take a file to the black one. Looks like it is close to fitting!

andyl
    Free Member

looks like quite a lot of subtle differences.

BETD got anything?

DavidB
    Free Member

As a follow up. I’ve been contacted by Planet-X who have taken my ranty email on board and sorted me out with the proper hanger FOC so they are now very much back in my good books. It appears they are still having a few issues but are keen to put right any customer service mistakes.

More importantly I’ll soon be able to ride the crosser again!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Another Planet-X whinge with rear mech hanger advice needed’ is closed to new replies.