• This topic has 106 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 107 total)
  • Another cyclist assualted….
  • mrlebowski
    Free Member

LInk

Must be some previous though….?

DezB
    Free Member

Previous what? Previous examples of being a cowardly piece of shit by the bloke?

peterfile
    Free Member

Did you read the article? 🙂

GrahamS

Awaits post explaining that she was wearing a helmet cam and therefore clearly looking for trouble. 🙁

teasel
    Free Member

Definitely a cowardly move there.

From what I can glean from the vid she obviously gave him the finger, unless he knows her and they’ve had a previous sexual experience. Or maybe she performed a prostate exam on him at some point and he still hasn’t come to terms with the intrusion…

DezB
    Free Member

Awaits post explaining …

Or maybe advice on her road positioning?

she obviously gave him the finger
    I certainly don’t accompany giving someone the finger with the word “Please”. Whatever she did, I very much doubt it was giving him the finger.
    Still, good shot of his face off the cam. Hopefully her boyfriend/friends find him before the police do and give him a suitable “ticking off”.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Previous…..

In that it’s quite obvious that she said something to him that he took umbrage with…

It’s really quite obvious if you read the article & watch the video……

That’s not me excusing him – he’s a lowlife & no mistake.

However, gobbing off is never a good idea, particularly if you’re vulnerable.

binners

Have we explored the ‘London is just full of Nutters’ theory?

DezB
    Free Member

It’s really quite obvious if you read the article & watch the video….

I ask again “previous” what?

Previously politely requesting not to be knocked off her bike, is all I can see/read.

TheBrick
    Free Member

You’re confusing London with Brdaford there.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Read it & watch it – she obviously said something to upset him.

convert

Can’t see any reason in the vid or article why she felt the need to say ‘please don’t try to knock me off’. Didn’t look like he was trying to at the moment she past him. Has to be a history. Perhaps he’s a known ‘character’? And I’m guessing she flicked him the bird from the finger comment. Doesn’t excuse it but not the full story imo.

teasel
    Free Member

I certainly don’t accompany giving someone the finger with the word “Please”. Whatever she did, I very much doubt it was giving him the finger.

Neither do I but he responds to her “please” with an aggressive comment which I can’t work out. I reckon, and it’s just a guess, she flicks him a finger at that point. Might be wrong – see other suggestions above. 😉

ton

Awaits post explaining that she was wearing a helmet cam and therefore clearly looking for trouble.

some people do find them antagonizing.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Did he really deserve a passive aggressive ticking off for crossing the road? It’s not like he was going to walk into her, he was crossing behind her.

His actions aren’t in any way right, but she did the equivalent of the short man squaring upto the biggest bloke in the bar and commenting on his mothers morals, then wondering why he’s flat on his arse.

DezB
    Free Member

why she felt the need to say ‘please don’t try to knock me off’

Looks to me like he’s crossing the road in a dodging the traffic manner, she was concerned he didn’t see her and those were the words she used to say “don’t cross now”. Anyway, the interpretation that “the cyclist did something to provoke” the assailant is something you always get on here, so you can argue that point between you. I’m flouncing

mrlebowski
    Free Member

At @10 seconds he runs alongside & says something like “Come on then…”

She’s plainly said/done something the camera hasn’t caught.

Its a hideous & cowardly attack but sometimes it’s best just to hold your tongue.

teasel
    Free Member

an aggressive comment which I can’t work out

I was mistaken – he says “shut up” followed by something I can’t make out. Probably stupid cow as that seems like the most appropriate colloquialism given the circumstance.

ransos
    Free Member

Its a hideous & cowardly attack but sometimes it’s best just to hold your tongue.

FTFY.

MrNice
    Free Member

Awaits post explaining that she was wearing a helmet cam and therefore clearly looking for trouble.

some people do find them antagonizing.
    [/quote]

can you explain that? I’ll assume you’re not meaning that you personally would feel antagonized by a camera-wearing female

ads678

Sounds to me like he says “shat ap you cant” or similar after she asks him not to knock her off, I can only assume this is when she flicks the finger.

Not sure why she would say, “please don’t knock me off” unless she’s had previous experience of it. But his reaction is bloody ridiculous and i reckon he only does it cos she’s a she!!

Hope the Police get him, or he gets a slap off someone else.

MSP

At @10 seconds he runs alongside & says something like “Come on then…”

Seems much more likely he is a thug looking for an excuse to bully someone weaker, as his other actions confirm.

teasel
    Free Member

“the cyclist did something to provoke” the assailant is something you always get on here, so you can argue that point between you. I’m flouncing

Heh

loddrik
    Free Member

Regardless of what she may or may not have done, she’s a woman, he’s a man. He shouldn’t be laying a finger on her. Regardless. If I’d been in the place of the woman he’d not have looked at me wrong never mind pushed me off the bike.

He’s a bloody coward and will no doubt be arrested and prosecuted for assault.

richmtb

I don’t care what scenario, real or imagined occurred beforehand, shoving someone when they are on there bike is a dick move at the best of times. A man doing it to a woman is **** disgusting.

why she felt the need to say ‘please don’t try to knock me off’

Maybe she’s had previous experience of the passive aggressive slow walk toward the cyclist a lot pedestrians seem to do. The casual “I’m not walking any faster for a bike” attitude you get from a certain element when they cross the road.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Having watched it again it does seem she gave him the finger….cant see why folks can’t just ride/walk/drive away from trouble rather than go looking for it?

Anyway, the interpretation that “the cyclist did something to provoke” the assailant is something you always get on here, so you can argue that point between you. I’m flouncing

Whats your point?

teasel
    Free Member

Weird how some seem to be missing that.

Regardless of what she may or may not have done, she’s a woman, he’s a man. He shouldn’t be laying a finger on her.

He shouldn’t be laying a finger on anyone, regardless of gender or what was gestured or said.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Flipping cowardly eejit. It’s easy to push a girl off her bike isn’t it. But hey, according to some, she was wearing a helmet cam, and that’s “a bit antagonising” so y’know, fair game and all that.

MSP

Weird how some seem to be missingimagining that.

Also the related stories make for some pretty depressing reading.

teasel
    Free Member

So why are the words…

“You wanna put your finger up at me, you mug…”

…so easily heard on the video. Are we imagining that, MSP?

mrlebowski
    Free Member

So why are the words…

“You wanna put your finger up at me, you mug…”

…so easily heard on the video. Are we imagining that, Matt?

Seems it’s only you & I who heard that bit teasel….. 🙄

DezB
    Free Member

Ok, here he’s still moving

Here, the word “please” comes out of her mouth as he takes another step. Quite clearly to anyone who can see the bleedin obvious, into the path of her bike

He says, for no reason whatsoever “Shut up you muppet”. Maybe she then gestures at him? She doesn’t look round even slightly, so she must have stuck her arm out without turning.

So it’s clearly her fault. Stupid woman shame a car didn’t run over her head.

“COME ON THEN!” Ooh it’s simply ages since I said that to a woman. A woman with her hands occupied by steering a bike. Cowardly bitch.

MSP

Because he is an irrational violent thug trying to justify his actions to himself and the wider world.

You are imagining he needs a real reason to say that.

convert

Maybe she’s had previous experience of the passive aggressive slow walk toward the cyclist a lot pedestrians seem to do. The casual “I’m not walking any faster for a bike” attitude you get from a certain element when they cross the road.

Actually it would be walk a bit slower she would have wanted. He made no effort to cross the road in front of her, just closed the gap more than she might have felt comfortable. Still, her choice of words is very odd – ‘try and knock me off’ is accusing him of a conscious ‘attack’ rather than being inconsiderate. In his (wrong) head he’s just though, ‘well if you are going to unjustifiably accuse me of something I wasn’t going to do, I’ll ****** well do it’. Again, not right but just trying to work out how it came about.

teasel
    Free Member

Seems it’s only you & I who heard that bit teasel..

Maybe I should make an audio recording before the vid gets pulled…

🙂

MSP

We all heard it, we just didn’t come to the same conclusions as to why it was said.

hilldodger
    Free Member

…according to some, she was wearing a helmet cam, and that’s “a bit antagonising” so y’know, fair game and all that.

Just a small step away from “she was asking for it” 🙁

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Well done Dezb for the vid analysis, thank you.

But you left out any reference to his words about her giving him the finger……or did he imagine it?

What he’s done his wrong make no mistake – but lets be honest & look at what we are presented with. It would be remiss to ignore that which doesn’t suit our desired interpretation of events so we can demonise this man anymore than he’s already going to be.

Lets also look at the cyclists actions.

Telling someone to F off by use of the finger is hardly acceptable either.
    (Though obviously shoving her over is bang out of order as a response).

We all heard it, we just didn’t come to the same conclusions as to why it was said.

So how are you interpreting his words then?

teasel
    Free Member

You are imagining he needs a a real reason to say that.

Really – that’s your response. You’re coming in from the angle that he simply imagined her giving him the finger? Or maybe you’re suggesting he misread a different hand move she was performing at the time, though I’m struggling to think of anything that could be misconstrued in such a fashion.

For what it’s worth (which clearly isn’t much) I’m not justifying his actions in the slightest by arguing this point, merely hypothesising on the events based on the evidence I have to get an accurate picture.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh she accused him of an attack? And she’s wearing a helmet cam. Oh FFS, get her off the streets now. And if it means pushing her under a taxi, then so be it.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 107 total)

The topic ‘Another cyclist assualted….’ is closed to new replies.