Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • another ambulance trip, 8 weeks to the day…
  • iainc

So 8 weeks ago today I had a big off at Cathkin, unconscious, ambulance, degloved chin, bust nose, loads of stitches, still sore.

And today, a bad luck fall at Velodrome when the 2 guys in front clipped wheels and went down. I was about a foot off the back guy and went straight into the flying bike. Thankfully not unconscious this time, but very sore neck and stretchered off and to A&E for xrays. No breaks so now home, doped up and very sore neck and wood burned face. Not seen bike yet, will go get it tomorrow. 3 week old new prescription riding specs bust frames, jersey melted, helmet will need replaced, no doubt along with some bits on bike.

Golf anyone ? 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Just wear better kit next time.

I hear Dainese are testing something that may be suitable…

iainc

😆

scaredypants

wow – that guy’s hit a baby elephant head on but he’s getting up !
    whatever Dainese are doing, it works

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Ouch sounds a sore one 🙁

I obviously dont know if this applies to the guys who brought you down but i’ve noticed the riding at the velodrome (drops in and track league) to be pretty erratic the last month or so, far too many scary moments for comfort!

Jamie
    Free Member

wow – that guy’s hit a baby elephant head on but he’s getting up !

They did try with baby hippos, but wrong consistency apparently.

iainc

Omar, its all a little fuzzy but manners seemed fine, although I agree with you. Think it was just one of those things. I saw them go down and I swerved high but hit a bike that guy had fallen off and was still in midair.

Managed to fix specs I think and new helmet ordered (one I had on was approaching 3 yrs so not too much of a loss.

Kinda dreading seeing bike tomorrow…..assuming I can move my neck enough to drive there !

I had my 8 yr old with me (in infield) and the staff were great with him, took him to cafe, juice and sweets while waiting for my wife, as the ambulance waited for her.

jamj1974

Hope you heal quickly! You’ve had a very unlucky couple of months…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

It’s karma. You should have been up fairlie moor with us, riding proper bikes, instead of fannying about with track bikes….

Quick healing fella!

iainc

Cheers jamj and nobeer. Aye, could do with a ride up Fairlie moor in a few weeks for sure ! Think I’ll give mugdock a miss tomorrow !

Northwind

That’s why I stick to jumping off cliffs, that velodrome shit’s dangerous.

iainc

😛

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘another ambulance trip, 8 weeks to the day…’ is closed to new replies.