Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Anodising
  • Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

Could anyone recommend me an anodising company. I’ve got a Hope stem that is gold but it doesn’t match my new frame so want the anodised coating stripping and then colouring black.

legend
    Free Member

ask Hope if they’ll re-do it? (Although this assumes they have the capability to etch the old stuff off first)

mooman
    Free Member

Hammerite?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Custom anodising, doubt it’d be cheap, even if you can find someone to do that.

andyl
    Free Member

I would call hope – they may have an anodising remover and could then re-anodise it with their production parts.

Or you could strip it yourself and then send it to Hope? You can use sodium hydroxide (caustic soda) but I’d probably get a proper chemical for something expensive.

tbh the easiest option is sell your stem and buy another.

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

Thanks for the replys. I did think about buying a new stem but as there is nothing wrong with the old one I though new anodising might be the cheapest option. Not too fussed about having the hope logos back on.

Hammerite, smooth or hammer finish? 😉

neninja
    Free Member

Cheaper and easier to sell it on the classifieds and buy a black one I’d have thought.

I’ve had very mixed results getting items re-anodised for work.

njee20
    Free Member

There’s that Steve the anodising bloke who seems to get excellent results on small bits.

trout
    Free Member

Stripping off the old anodise is the easy bit a fizz in Caustic soda
    its then going to have a fairly matt finish so you would want to repolish it before anodising it . it will lose that fresh machined look as the edges will round off a little when polished.

the anodising is pretty easy As I have started doing my own lights .

happy to strip and turn it black for you but not guaranteeing it will look like a new un

lump

I can recommend a anodizing company, the set up cost is £25 plus £6/7 a part I think.

http://custompb.co.uk/#/anodising-and-lasering/4558856291

takisawa2

I’d watch that Steve the Anodiser bloke. 😉

He’s the genius who turned this lot from horrible scratched black into this…

IMAG0598 by pten2106, on Flickr

IMAG0597 by pten2106, on Flickr

If you drop me an email I have his details somewhere.

zangolin
    Free Member

Edit – takisawa2 beat me to it above.

You need Steve from Acorn Plating. He has done all sorts of anodising for me – Hope brakes, suspension linkages, maxles, etc. First class job + service and not expensive. Drop me an email (in profile) + I will pass on his contact details.

batman11
    Free Member

If you guys find the details could be worth putting it on here I would be interested in it myself.
    Bats.

inbred853

Same as above, interested in the contact details.

Ta

takisawa2

stevebarry1978@googlemail.com

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

Thankyou takisawa, will send Steve an email.

wal2789s1
    Free Member

Need an Anodiser with over 40 years of expericence?
    Visit Anodising First Choice

Liftman

Hmmm resurrecting a 6 month old thread to advertise your wares I get the distinct smell of spammmm 🙄

owainga

Hi guys, sorry for the thread resurrection.

I’ve spoken to Steve (mentioned above) a while ago about some anodising. Tried to mail him a week or so ago but haven’t heard back

Does anyone know if he’s still active? If not, know someone who is?

Ta.

neninja
    Free Member

Try the phone –
    http://www.acornplating.co.uk/

owainga

Ah brill! Didn’t know his website.

Thanks!

owainga

Hrm. Finally got around to calling them. Spoke about getting the anodising done.

Sure it’s the same bloke? Guy i spoke to didn’t seem to know who Steve was.
    Email address on the website didn’t work either. Touch worrying.

trout
    Free Member

These folks are good

http://www.customcolour.co.uk/

shredder
    Free Member

owninga I had some items anodised by Steve @ Acorn less than one month ago . The was on the back of him doing some previous work for me.
    Communicated with him via the googlemail email add above no problems at all.
    Very strange

owainga

shredder: popped him another email, let’s see if I hear back.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Anodising’ is closed to new replies.