Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Annoying pop up
  • madeupname
    Free Member

Anyone else won an iPhone 7 on here tonight?

Annoying popups on my phone from both chat and bike forum threads….

Boo!

MrSmith
    Free Member

Me too, it knows I’m a vergin media customer and have been selected to win. (iPad, Safari)

superstu
    Free Member

Advantage of subscribing, can disable all adverts…

MrSmith
    Free Member

It’s not really an advert is it, it’s some kind of spammy pop-up.

Dark-Side

Advantage of subscribing, can disable all adverts…

Yeah, me too…. except it pops up before I can login.

superstu
    Free Member

Was just making the point that be it an advert or spammy pop-up it hasn’t appeared for me, and suggesting maybe that’s because I have adverts disabled as an advantage of being a subscriber. Of course it might have nothing to do with it, but only trying to help!

MrSmith
    Free Member

That’s fine, I was also stating a fact and hoping to avoid a 5 page full of Mods/Premier/adverts/subscriptions angst fest. 🙄

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

lol

superstu
    Free Member

That’s fine, I was also stating a fact and hoping to avoid a 5 page full of Mods/Premier/adverts/subscriptions angst fest.

Ha, completely understand!!

Cougar

If you can forward screenshots to tech@singletrackworld.com that will help them track it down.

CountZero

That may include some pron: I had one tonight that would not go away, trying to backspace just kept bringing up new pages, most were very smutty indeed. I had to delete the page off of DuckDuckGo to stop it and reload. It’s did it again when I clicked on the short ‘wow, I’ve won an iPhone’ thread as well on my phone, both my phone and pad use DuckDuckGo as the default search engine, which normally means I don’t get any of those annoying pop-up ads trying to flog me a Maserati, but these are a whole other issue, really offensive spamming with repeated pop-ups, like in the bad old days.

z1ppy

Pop-up are back, tech@stw emailed

Cougar

Ta.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Annoying pop up’ is closed to new replies.